Both LG Env2 and LG Env3 are primitive mobile phone designs compared to today’s touchscreen smartphones with 5G internet connectivity.
LG Env2 was released first in 2008 in Canada and one year later its successor LG Env3 was released. Though the same brand launches them, many features are different in these two models.
- LG enV3 features a 3.0 MP camera, while enV2 has a 2.0 MP camera, making enV3 better for capturing images.
- enV3 comes with a larger external screen, improving user experience and readability compared to enV2.
- LG enV3 offers a more advanced QWERTY keyboard design, enhancing text input and messaging compared to enV2.
LG Env2 vs Env3
The LG Env2 and Env3 are both mobile phones, but there are some differences between the two models. The Env3 includes a larger and more colorful display screen, a higher-resolution camera, and a greater battery capacity. In addition, it has a smaller and more modern design than the Env2.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
LG Env2, when released, became a very popular handset because of its sleek and attractive look.
It featured a QWERTY keyboard with great visual dual displays (high pixel density), and the model is 30% lighter as compared to the LG Env model. The keypad is a very interesting part of the handset as the keys were divided by curved delineations.
LG Env3 was the successor of LG Env2, and it was launched in 2009. Some of the features in this model were updated, and it has a fully developed HTML browser and an improved camera of 3MP.
The internal storage was also increased, and it became one of the top choices for messaging during the QWERTY era.
|Parameters of Comparison||LG Env2||LG Env3|
|Dimension||The dimensions of LG Env2 is 101.6 X 54 X 16.50 mm and it weighs 120 grams.||The dimensions of the LG Env3 are 104 X 54 X 17 mm and it weighs 107 grams.|
|Design||LG Env2 is a bit thinner than LG Env3 giving it a more sleek and gorgeous look.||LG Env3 has a bit bigger screen size than LG Env3 (0.2 inches bigger) and thus is easier to operate, read, and write.|
|Pixel Density||LG Env2 has an 8.4% higher pixel density than LG Env3 hence the media files are displayed in a more detailed form.||LG Env3 has comparatively lesser pixel density.|
|Camera||LG Env2 has a 2MP main camera and hence the picture and video quality are not very good.||LG Env3 has a more megapixel main camera (3MP) which helps to take better quality pictures than LG Env2.|
|Storage||LG Env2 came with an internal memory of 128MB.||The internal memory of LG Env3 is more (256MB) than LG Env2.|
|Connectivity||It has Bluetooth of version 1.2.||It has Bluetooth of version 2.1.|
|Browser||LG Env2 only has a WAP browser.||LG Env3 has a fully developed HTML browser.|
What is LG Env2?
When LG Env2 was launched, people were shocked that it was so much different in terms of appearance as compared to its predecessor.
Env2 is 40% thinner and 30% lighter as compared to LG Env, and it came with a flat front surface and keypad design that looked more like a calculator.
Apart from the internal memory of 128MB, the model also has a micro SD card slot on the right spine along with a headset jack. The main camera is 2MP, but there is no flash feature included.
LG Env2 can be flipped to reveal the full QWERTY keypad and the internal display. The images were displayed with details, as the QVGA display supports 262,000 colors.
The model offers many advanced features like a text-to-speech converter, direct access to web e-mail, USB mass storage, wireless syncing, etc. The call quality of the phone, including the speakerphone calls, is really impressive.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||LG enV2, Black (Verizon Wireless)||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||LG enV2 VX-9100 Black QWERTY Cell Phone for Verizon Wireless||Check Price on Amazon|
What is LG Env3?
Though LG Env3 was designed and made a bit taller than LG Env2, it weighed less than LG Env2.
This gave Env3 an advantage of both a wider screen and also lightweight which made it easier to carry. Due to the larger screen size of Env3, the users were much more comfortable reading and writing on it.
The model looks a bit different underneath the display as a proper circular toggle replaced the simple up and down arrows.
The camera system of LG Env3 is provided with a LED flash and a 3MP camera, which ensures better quality pictures than Env2.
One of the biggest updates in LG Env3 is the Dashboard with Mobile Web, through which various web channels can be accessed. The dashboard also has a shortcut to a fully developed HTML browser.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||LG enV3 USB 2.0 Data Cable for your Phone! This professional grade custom cable outperforms the...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Kircuit USB Sync Data Cord Cable for Verizon LG enV3 Env/Envy-3||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between LG Env2 and Env3
- The dimensions of the LG Env2 are 101.6 X 54 X 16.50 mm, and it weighs 120 grams, whereas the dimensions of the LG Env3 are 104 X 54 X 17 mm, and it weighs 107 grams. It means the latter is comparatively lighter and hence easier to carry.
- LG Env2 is a bit thinner than LG Env3, giving it a more sleek and gorgeous look, whereas LG Env3 has a bit bigger screen size than LG Env3 (0.2 inches bigger) and thus is easier to operate, read, and write.
- LG Env2 has an 8.4% higher pixel density (167ppi) than LG Env3; hence the media files are displayed in a more detailed form, whereas LG Env3 has less pixel density (154ppi).
- LG Env2 has a 2MP main camera, and hence the picture and video quality are not very good, whereas LG Env3 has a more megapixel main camera (3MP) which helps to take better quality pictures than LG Env2.
- LG Env2 came with an internal memory of 128MB, whereas the internal memory of LG Env3 is 256MB.
- LG Env2 has Bluetooth of version 1.2, whereas LG Env3 has Bluetooth version 2.1.
- LG Env2 only has a WAP browser, whereas LG Env3 has a fully developed HTML browser.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.