When it comes to Unilever, is a company that is based on multinational consumer goods. It offers a range of products like cleaning agents, food, beauty products, condiments, supplements, and many more. In terms of personal care, it consists of tasks like showering, dressing, toileting, bathing, applying creams and lotions.
The products included in personal care are in a range, but in this article Lynx, and Axe are underscored. There is a difference while looking at the names, but they are the same when looking at the products. In this article, the main focus is on differentiating Lynx and Axe.
Lynx vs Axe
The main difference between Lynx and Axe is their name usage. The name Lynx is used in different countries like Australia, the UK, New Zealand, and Ireland. On the other hand, the same product Lynx is called Axe in other countries. It is because the same name can create embarrassment in different regions.
When it comes to male grooming products, Lynx is a brand that belongs to Unilever. In several countries, the Lynx Brand name is used in the UK, Australia, Malta, Ireland, China, and New Zealand. The brand of Lynx has gone through many typefaces in which each conveys an image with a slight difference.
In 1983, the story started brand namely, Axe in France. It was launched in Latin America and Europe before being introduced in 2002 in the US. The original range of Axe consists of the body’s sprays. Deodorant sticks and antiperspirants were added in 2004.
Comparison Table Between Lynx and Axe
|Parameters of Comparison||Lynx||Axe|
|Tagline||Find your magic||Axe peace. Make Love not war. Axe excite|
|Target audience||Young men, chiefly adolescents, age 16 to 24||Men who are in the age group of 15-40 years|
|Smell long lasts||48 hours||Up to 24 hours|
|Popularity||30th most popular personal care brand |
450th most popular brand.
|67th most popular personal care brand|
883rd the most popular brand
|Products||Lynx Excite, Lynx Chill, and Lynx Black||Axe dark temptation, Axe signature denim, and Axe recharge midnight|
What is Lynx?
For France, the Lynx is Axe, and in 1983 it began its life in France. In 1985, a couple of years later, Lynx was introduced to the UK. The brand becomes the smell of changing room of teenage boys when arrived in the UK.
Lynx has expanded to consist of shower gels and new scents in the twenty-five or so years since. The Lynx has recently launched a women’s body spray. It is named Attract and accompanies the fragrance of men of the same name.
The first body sprays to be introduced as a stand-alone brand namely, Lynx originally came in mainly three fragrances such as spice, musk, and amber. Since then, the Lynx attractiveness institution has created great fragrance’s dozen.
They all are designed in the mating game to give their customer the edge. It also significantly developed its portfolio by introducing shampoo and hair styling products for the guys by styling hairs to get an impressive look to get the girls.
What is Axe?
Axe is also a male grooming product brand that was marketed towards the demographic of young males. Over time, the scents have evolved. From 1983 until approx 1989, the variants name were fragrance’s description consisting marine, spic, oriental, amber, and musk.
From 1990 until 1996, the fragrances for names of geographical were used. Later, in 2009, the Axe Bullet was introduced with an 8-centimeter container. In two other areas, the brand Axe has also been extended. From 2003, its advertisements portrayed several ways the products help men to attract women.
In 2005, insights interactive’s CEO was hired to aid motivation of explore cross-cultural behavior of their consumers (young male adult). This fed into brand global development which results in the campaign of award-winning global communication.
Most names of scent generally have a shower gel for them and sometimes deodorant or antiperspirant and also an aftershave lotion. Its shampoos usually come in three distinctive sizes XL size, sample size or travel size, and regular size bottles.
Main Differences Lynx and Axe
- When it comes to origin, both Lynx and Axe are launched by Unilever. Unilever PLC is a consumer goods company of a British multinational which is headquartered in London, England. In 1985, the Lynx was announced in the UK. Conversely, in France, Axe was introduced in 1983.
- In terms of best-selling fragrance, the Lynx offers Lynx Africa which is also available as a stick format and body spray to boost your style. On the other hand, Axe Musk Deodorant Body Spray for Men is the best-selling fragrance of Axe.
- The major ingredients of Lynx are isobutane, parfum, glycine, calcium chloride, and aluminum sesquichlorohydrate. On the flip side, hydrofluorocarbon 152A, butane, propane, and alcohol are some of the major ingredients of Axe.
- Lynx has come out with other products like Lynx Vice, Lynx Africa, Lynx Boost, sensitive skin’s deodorant, and smaller sprays. On contrary, Axe has also come out with many variations consisting of geography names like Axe Java Nevada, Axe Inca, and Axe Africa.
- The name Lynx is used in different countries like Australia, the UK, New Zealand, and Ireland. Meanwhile, the same product Lynx is called Axe in other countries. This is done to avoid the embarrassment that can be created by name in different regions. For instance, Lynx can mean swearing, but it could be a big cat in some other country.
It can be concluded that Lynx and Axe are under the products of personal care. When it comes to popularity, Lynx is the 30th most popular personal care brand and 450th most popular brand. On the other hand, Axe is the 67th most popular personal care brand and 883rd the most popular brand. The tag line of Lynx is “find your magic.” On contrary, the tagline of Axe is “Axe peace. Make Love not war. Axe excite.”
The target audience of Lynx is young men who are chiefly adolescents, age 16 to 24. In contrast, men who are in the age group of 15 to 40 years are the target audience of Axe. Some of the products of Lynx are Lynx Excite, Lynx Chill, and Lynx Black. Meanwhile, the products of Axe are Axe dark temptation, Axe signature denim, and Axe recharge midnight.