Everyone loves to shop for new things that are trending and update themselves to the growing technology. From the time walking long distances for purchases, we have come to purchasing everything we need at the click on our phone.
The two famous online shopping platforms, Meesho and Myntra have similar features but also vary in many parameters.
- Meesho is a reseller platform that enables individuals to start their online businesses by selling products through social media. At the same time, Myntra is an online fashion store that offers a variety of branded clothing and accessories for purchase.
- Meesho mainly caters to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and home-based businesses, whereas Myntra focuses on offering products from well-known brands in the fashion industry.
- Meesho provides a platform for individuals to profit by reselling products from various categories, such as fashion, home decor, and beauty. At the same time, Myntra allows customers to purchase directly from their website, with various options for delivery and payment.
Meesho vs Myntra
Meesho is a social platform that allows people to start their own online reselling business from home using the internet. It focuses on connecting resellers with suppliers. Myntra, is an online fashion and lifestyle store. It offers a wide range of fashion products, like clothing, footwear, etc.
Meesho is a fast emerging app currently that was founded by Vidit Aatrey in December. It is currently stepping up and had been awarded the title of the most downloaded app in the play store in 2021.
Meesho provides a platform for buyers, consumers, sellers, or resellers to enter into transactions of buying and selling merchandise.
Myntra is a fashion e-commerce company that sells a variety of fashion and everyday lifestyle products to different parts of the world. It deals with the wholesalers and buyers and buys their products.
They store them in their company’s warehouses and sell them to the customers who order those products from the company website.
|Parameters of Comparison||Meesho||Myntra|
|Founder||Meesho was founded by Vidit Aatrey in 2015.||Myntra was founded by Mukesh Bansal in 2007.|
|Headquarters||Meesho is headquartered in Banglore, India.||Myntra is headquartered in Karnataka, India.|
|Services||Meesho provides a platform for both buyers and sellers to enter into transactions.||Myntra provides the service of buying and selling fashion products to customers.|
|Inventory||Meesho does not have an inventory or storage.||Myntra has many inventories to stock its products.|
|Cost||Meesho is comparatively cheaper than Myntra.||Myntra is expensive in comparison to Meesho.|
What is Meesho?
Meesho is an Indian company founded by the IIT graduates, Vidit Aatrey, Bhaumik, and Sanjeev in December 2015.
The company provides the service of binding the potential buyers and sellers together in a platform and providing them a common link to enter into transactions.
Meesho earned many awards for its high growth including the top downloaded app in 2021.
Meesho provides numerous services on its platform. It buys various products of every genre and sells them to customers or also for resellers.
They target small businesses and provide them a link to sell their products to different parts of the world and grow or expand their business. Hence, Meesho has a wide-reaching impact and attracts larger audiences.
The distinguishing feature of Meesho is they sell goods not only to final consumers but also to resellers or retailers.
Many companies provide platforms only for selling products to the final consumer for consumption but Meesho provides a platform for resellers as well.
The products that were bought in Meesho can be resold at a higher or lower price through Meesho itself.
Meesho is comparatively cheaper than the other online platforms. They are increasingly growing these days and competing among many top platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, etc. Hence, Meesho is a wise choice and makes our shopping much easier.
What is Myntra?
Myntra is one of the top e-commerce businesses in India that was founded by Mukesh Bansal in 2007. They sell a variety of fashion and everyday products. By 2014, Myntra was acquired by another top online shopping platform, Flipkart.
The headquarters of Myntra is located in Karnataka, India. Initially, Myntra was concentrating on producing personalized gifts but later they widened their product variety to fashions.
There are different brands of all the products and consumers have wider choice and freedom in choosing their products.
In addition, consumers can provide reviews on the product they purchased which will be helpful for the other consumers to decide their purchase. Customers can also choose the price ranges at which they want to buy the product.
Myntra gained huge popularity all over the world for its new fashion designs and clothes. However, they do not sell goods to resellers and target only the ultimate consumers.
They provide the service of returning the product without any additional cost if the customer isn’t satisfied with the product quality. Myntra is comparatively expensive as they have branded products of very high quality.
Hence, Myntra is one of the best choices for shopping as they have a variety of products and saves time efficiently. Myntra had also won many awards.
Main Differences Between Meesho and Myntra
- Meesho was launched recently in December 2015 while Myntra was launched earlier in 2007 and was acquired by Flipkart in 2014.
- Meesho provides services to buyers, sellers, and also resellers while Myntra provides services to sellers and buyers.
- Meesho is slightly cheaper in comparison to Myntra as Myntra is quite popular and has high standards products.
- Myntra is more reputed and recognized all over the world in comparison to Meesho as Myntra was established before Meesho came into existence.
- Myntra has inventories and storage for their stocks while Meesho does not have any storage and provides direct links between buyers and sellers.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.