Difference Between Muslims and Arabs

Globally all the people are distributed into various religions and nationality. Two among them are Muslims and Arabs. Although Muslims and Arabs are confused many times, they are not synonymous terms.

/10

Religion Quiz

Test your knowledge about topics related to religion

1 / 10

Who is the main prophet of Christianity?

2 / 10

What is the main belief of Pentecostalism, a movement that emphasizes the gifts of the Holy Spirit?

3 / 10

What is the significance of Ramadan in Islam?

4 / 10

Who is the historical Buddha in Buddhism?

5 / 10

What is the significance of the Hajj in Islam?

6 / 10

What is the last book of a Christian Bible?

7 / 10

The last ten days of Ramadan are especially important because  the Hadith says it was during this time that ...

8 / 10

What is the main belief of Sikhism?

9 / 10

What is the most important of all Muslim beliefs and is shared by both Sunni and Shi'a Muslims?

10 / 10

What is the central text of Hinduism?

Your score is

0%

Neither most of the Muslims are Arabic, nor most of the Arabs are Muslims. The main confusion between the two terms Muslims and Arabs arise because Arabic is the primary native tongue of most Islamic religious people.

Muslims vs Arabs

The difference between Muslims and Arabs is that Muslim is religious, whereas Arab is ethnic. Muslim refers to a person who follows Islam as its religion and keeps faith in Allah. On the other hand, Arab refers to a type of nationality or ethnicity. Muslims are expected to follow Islam as its religion or faith. On the other hand, Arabs can follow any religion they wish to or born to. The population of Muslims is high. In contrast, the population of Arab is comparatively much lower than Muslims.

Muslims vs Arabs

Muslim is religious. Muslims use different types of languages and not only Urdu or its Islamic language as they can settle anywhere globally.

Arab is ethnic. Arabs use the Arabic language for communication. The origin of the Arabs is from Syria, Saudi Arabia and Iraq or basically from the Middle East. Arab refers to a type of nationality or ethnicity.

Comparison Table

Parameters of ComparisonMuslimsArabs
NatureMuslim is religious.Arab is ethnic.
LanguageMuslims use different types of languages and not only Urdu or its Islamic language.Arabs use the Arabic language for communication.
OriginThe origin of the Muslims is mainly from Asia and every corner of the other continents.The origin of the Arabs is from Syria, Saudi Arabia and Iraq or basically from the Middle East.
FollowerMuslim refers to a person who follows Islam as its religion and keeps faith in Allah.Arab refers to a type of nationality or ethnicity.
Population The population of Muslims is high.The population of Arab is comparatively much lower than Muslims.
Native TongueMuslims have no restrictions on native tongues. They can speak any language from all over the world.Arabs speak the Arabic language or Arabian.
ReligionMuslims are expected to follow Islam as its religion or faith.Arabs can follow any religion they wish to or born to, like Muslims, Christian or even Jewish.

What are Muslims?

The individuals who embrace Muslim as their sole religion and faith are called Muslims. The spread of Muslims is not limited to any place in the world. This is the third largest religion in the world.

Around 60% of the total Muslim population is spread all over the Asian Continent. And the rest, around 40% of the population, are concentrated in Africa, Middle East, Australia, North and South America.

muslims

What are Arabs?

Arabs are considered as those people who are from the Middle East and settle in Arabian places like Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Syria, etc. Thus, Arabs are a specific kind of nationality that is formed internationally.

There are two types of Arabs. The original Arabs are those who been living in the Arabian Peninsula since time immemorial. And the other types of Arabs is the New Arabs.

arabs

Main Differences Between Muslims and Arabs

  1. Muslims have no restrictions on native tongues. They can speak any language from all over the world. However, Arabs speak the Arabic language or Arabian.
  2. Muslims are expected to follow Islam as its religion or faith. On the other hand, Arabs can follow any religion they wish to or born to, like they can be Muslims, Christian or even Jewish.
Difference Between Muslims and Arabs

References

  1. https://scholarworks.bgsu.edu/pad/vol4/iss2/1/
  2. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=rBgTCgAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR9&dq=muslims+and+arabs&ots=lMzUexY_Ab&sig=zT028kaMJmKF1ra2w6WWxFjM2dk
One request?

I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️