Humans are the most complicated species on earth. They are very unpredictable. No one has ever understood their behavior completely, although there are some theories and categorizes in which they are divided to have a better understanding of them.
There are many types of people we see. Some have the same while some have different features. They can be divided into different categories, optimistic and pessimistic.
These are categorized on the basis of how people behave and think. It is natural. They don’t pretend to be in any of these categories.
Optimistic vs Pessimistic
The main difference between an optimistic and pessimistic is that an optimistic person is more opportunistic than a pessimistic person. They see opportunities in everything to achieve their goals, while pessimistic people find danger or negativity in every opportunity. Pessimistic people find problems in everything they come across, while optimistic people find solutions to every problem. They are mainly driven by big life goals. Optimistic people also dream chasers. They like to dream big and achieve them, while pessimistic people are focused on basic gaols only and are more realistic. They also differ in expectations; optimistic people have high expectations, whereas pessimistic people have low expectations.
An optimistic is a type of person who lives a life full of positivity. He sees everything with a positive attitude and believes in himself. He likes to live their life to the fullest.
These people are not afraid of any problem in their life. In fact, they treat problems with a happy face. They believe each difficulty makes them stronger and improves their character.
Pessimistic is also a type of person, but they are the complete opposite of optimistic. They always seek problems in everything. They worry almost about everything in their life.
And by worrying, they don’t live a happy life. They just live to survive. They are afraid of everything, past, present, future, etc. they find every problem annoying and treat them like a burden which discouraged them and shaped their character negatively.
Comparison Table Between Optimistic and Pessimistic
|Parameters of Comparison||Optimistic||Pessimistic|
|Opportunities||Finds opportunities everywhere even in danger.||Finds mostly danger in most of the opportunities.|
|Mainly driven to||Goals||Data|
|Finds||Solutions of everything||Problems in everything|
|Type of people||Dream chasers||Realistic|
|Expectations||High expectation||Low expectation|
What is Optimistic?
It is an adjective of noun optimism. It is an attitude or way of living a life. Optimism is a positive attitude. We are unaware of what might happen in the next moment.
An optimistic person would always seek positivity in such a situation. He always believes in a positive a best outcome or every situation. It helps in shaping their character as strong and aspiring human beings.
They seek hope in everything, which makes them happiest most of the time.
If given a situation full of problems and barriers but happiness and big goals at the end, they will focus on the big goal rather than worrying about the barriers or problems but embrace them.
Following are some important qualities that can be easily found in an optimistic person:
- Self-motivated: they don’t require any outsourced motivation. They are highly motivated by themselves only.
- Surrounds themselves with positivity: they surround themselves with lots of positivity that includes positive people that give positive vibes.
- Gratitude: they also have a feeling of gratitude towards everything in life, whether it’s good or bad. They feel gratitude even in a bad situation and consider them important in building their character.
- Happy and joyful: they always find a reason to be happy and joyful.
What is Pessimistic?
It is an adjective of pessimism. It is the negative attitude of a person. People with this attitude find everything a burden and surrounds themselves with negativity all the time.
For example, if they are towards achieving their main goal in life, they won’t be happy with the achievements but will always worry about what if it does not happen or what if there are some futuristic problems in the way.
This is also the reason why they never feel happy or lack hope in everything. They also lack self-confidence due to this as they always doubt themselves, what might happen if they fail, and how they will face everyone, etc.
Following are some characteristics that can be noticed in a pessimistic person:
- Lack of confidence: these people have no self-confidence and need assurance every time. They need someone else constantly to build their confidence level.
- Lack of hope: they also do not have any hope of anything, and if someone tries to give them some hope, they tend to lose that too in no time.
- Negativity: they are mostly surrounded by negative people and thoughts.
- Sad and tensed: they feel sadness most of the time; they are never fully satisfied and happy.
Main Differences Between Optimistic and Pessimistic
- The first and main difference between optimistic and pessimistic is that an optimistic person has a positive attitude. He always sees positivity and goodness in his environment. Due to this, he has a colorful vision, while a pessimistic person does not have a negative attitude. He is always trying to see something bad or negative around himself and therefore has a black and white vision.
- They also have a different levels of confidence. An optimistic person is full of confidence. He believes in himself to do new things, whereas a pessimistic person does not have the confidence or lack confidence in most things.
- An optimistic person embraces the difficulty or challenges life has, they find them interesting and always try to solve them or overcomes them with their positive attitude whereas a pessimistic person despises these challenges and treat them like a burden.
- They also differ when it comes to dealing and seeing obstacles, an optimistic person sees obstacles as a way of improving themselves, they considered them as a way of making them stronger and smart while reaching their main destination whereas a pessimistic person sees these obstacles as a burden that they have to bear, the feel discouraged and lack motivation which sometimes results in failing to reach their ultimate destination or goal in life.
- Lastly, they also have a different view of the future. An optimistic person always has bigger futuristic plans as they don’t fear anything and want to achieve big things in life, whereas a pessimistic person has basic or no plans for the future as they fear the difficulties and always worries about what bad can happen to them in future.
Therefore, there should not be any confusion between both types of people. Both of them have their nature and behavior. It is wrong to judge either of them.
Although some might argue that optimism is better, in reality, there is nothing better or worse. They are just different. Both of them try to do their best in life and fulfill their dreams and lead a happy life.
If a person wants to be optimistic, they can change their behavior or vision of seeing things from a different perspective. And same with the optimistic person they can be turned into pessimistic.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents