Sleep and Tired are two different terms that denote two different states of the human body. Firstly the stated of sleep is when a body is in a condition of the body in which the nervous system is totally at rest.
While on the other hand, Tired is a state of a body in need of rest.
Sleep is a state of the body in which every kind of stress and mind is literally at rest. The nervous system, as well as the muscles, are totally at rest. Almost every human being sleeps several hours every night.
Everybody needs to sleep for at least six to seven hours.
Tired is a state of the human body in which the body needs rest and requires a break. A human body, after lots of work body is said to be as tired. We feel tired as all our energies drain out.
Tiredness doesn’t always come from working physically work but also from mental works.
- Sleep is a natural state of rest characterized by reduced consciousness and decreased bodily functions. At the same time, tiredness is the feeling of fatigue or exhaustion resulting from various factors like physical exertion, lack of sleep, or mental stress.
- Adequate sleep is crucial for maintaining physical and mental health, allowing the body to repair and rejuvenate itself.
- Sleep deprivation can exacerbate feelings of tiredness and negatively impact cognitive functions, mood, and overall well-being.
Sleep vs Tired
Sleep is a period of unconsciousness in which the body and mind relax and recharge, sleep is required for the body to function correctly. Tiredness is a sensation of physical or mental fatigue caused by a lack of sleep, physical effort, or other circumstances, tiredness can be a symptom of a variety of illnesses.
Sleep is a state where the nervous system rests from which the body gets its energy to work. The body slows down in this state, and the digestive system also works slowly and efficiently in this state.
Every part of the body works more efficiently in the state of sleep and gathers more energy.
Tiredness is a state in which the body is restless and in need of peace.
This state doesn’t always mean that it is due to physical work, tiredness can also happen due to mental or brain works like working on a laptop or playing video games, etc. Thus a person can be tired from any work.
|Parameters of Comparison
|State of Body
|The body while sleep is totally at rest
|The body when its tired is restless
|Sleeps helps the body to feel energetic and good
|The tiredness in a body makes it less energetic and more restless
|When the nervous system is totally at rest and relaxed
|When the body worked out and no energy is left
|The result of sleep can be helpful as well as distressing depending on the circumstances but it helps in healing the body
|The results of being tired is distress and lessening of the capacity of doing work.
|Sleep can come to a person due to many reasons like being tired and at night it’s common of a person to fall asleep
|A person can be tired due to doing work continuously or many other reasons
What is Sleep?
When in need of rest or regular recharge, our body finds a way to recharge itself through the process of sleep. Sleep is a process in which the whole body is at rest, and it gives energy to the body.
This process of sleep for some hours helps the body to heap its restless state.
The whole nervous system in the process stays calm, and every muscle of the body stays relaxed. As the muscles and nerves stay calm and relaxed, it helps the body to heal itself from all the restlessness.
Every part of the body gets proper care in this state of sleep.
While sleeping, due to less pressure in the requirement of energy for work, other parts of the body get proper attention.
The blood flow of each part happens smoothly, and the digestive system also works more efficiently and slowly instead of fast digestion.
In this state, the body is at rest, the eyes are closed, and in a way, the mind is not active or unconscious.
This is a naturally recurring nature of human beings. Every human being (adults) requires at least 7 to 8 hours a night. For children or teenagers, it is more.
What is Tired?
When a bodywork for a long time that can be mentally or physically, it can lead to this state of tiredness. In this state, the body feels that all the energies are drained out and in need of rest.
A person can also be tired just by sitting in front of the TV.
Mental stress or mental pressure can also make a person feel tired. It is not always mandatory that a person will always feel energetic after getting rest. Tiredness can sometimes not even be removed by sleep or rest.
Tiredness is not all about physical but also sometimes mental.
Being tired can also be due to many reasons like bad habits of sleeping less than required, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, etc. All this can lead to permanent health issues if not taken into account.
Thus tiredness not be ignored and should be taken care of.
Tired is expressed by words like fatigue in a scientific field. In this state of tiredness, a person feels weary and is unable to accomplish any work properly or completely.
As the energies are all burnt out, the body also loses all capacity to work clearly.
Main Differences Between Sleep and Tired
- When a body gets deprived of sleep creates different kinds of diseases, while one can get tired by drinking caffeine.
- Sleep is a very important part of human functioning, while tiredness should not be a part of the human body to keep it healthy.
- A person can be fresh and energetic if they have good sleep, while if tired, they feel the total opposite, like restlessness, headache, etc.
- One can get proper sleep by keeping the phone away before sleep or not using caffeine, etc. on the other hand, to come out of this state of ‘tired’ by following a few things like eating a proper diet, being healthy, doing exercises, getting a proper amount of good sleep, etc.
- People can have a good sleep by avoiding alcohol and as well as avoid tiredness, but to avoid tiredness, one can need sleep.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.