An amphetamine stimulant, Vyvanse, is a type of drug used to treat ADHD. Concerta is also a sort of medication or prescription that is administered to people who have ADHD.
Methylphenidate is the generic name for Concerta. Lisdexamfetamine, the generic name for Vyvanse, is very common medication.
Vyvanse vs Concerta
The difference between Vyvanse and Concerta is that Vyvanse is an amphetamine stimulant that is used to treat ADHD. Because Vyvanse includes amphetamine, it is only administered to ADHD patients at the lowest dose of 30 mg. Concerta is a type of ADHD medicine. This substance, however, is a non-amphetamine stimulant. There is no amphetamine in Concerta. As a result, for patients with ADHD, roughly 54 mg is sufficient.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Vyvanse takes about two hours to affect a person’s physique. Furthermore, it is given to the person at breakfast so that the drug’s effect can be seen throughout the day.
The negative effects of Vyvanse in children include a sudden spike in blood pressure after around five hours. In this scenario, the parent should seek medical attention as quickly as possible. Vyvanse is commonly sold as chewable pills or capsules.
Concerta’s effect is seen after only 30 minutes. However, the drug’s effect might be visible in the body for up to 10 hours.
The rebound impact of all of the ADHD symptoms, which worsens the child’s health, is one of the adverse effects that can be noted while taking Concerta. Personality changes are some of the other negative effects that have been observed.
Concerta is often referred to as methylphenidate in its generic form.
|Parameters of Comparison||Vyvanse||Concerta|
|Effect time||Two hours||Thirty minutes|
|Treatment time||Four months||Seven weeks|
|Dosage||30 mg||54 mg|
|Side effects||Blood pressure||Personality changes|
What is Vyvanse?
Lisdexamfetamine, the generic name for Vyvanse, is a very popular drug. Chewable pills and capsules are the most common forms of Vyvanse on the market.
When diagnosed with Vyvanse, the therapy for ADHD can usually be completed in four months if they are regularly watched.
Vyvanse, an amphetamine stimulant, is a type of medicine used in the treatment of ADHD. Because Vyvanse contains amphetamine, it is only prescribed to ADHD patients at the lowest dose, which is 30 mg.
Vyvanse normally takes two hours for its effects to manifest in the body.
Furthermore, it is administered to the person at breakfast time so that the drug’s effect can be witnessed throughout the day.
The adverse effects that might be seen in a child who has been prescribed Vyvanse include an abrupt spike in blood pressure after about five hours. In this scenario, the parent should seek medical help as quickly as possible.
What is Concerta?
Concerta’s effect is visible in about 30 minutes. The drug’s effect, on the other hand, can be seen in the person’s body for up to 10 hours.
The rebound impact of all ADHD symptoms, which worsens the child’s health, is one of the adverse effects that can be noted while taking Concerta.
Concerta is a sort of medication or treatment that is administered to people who have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
This substance, on the other hand, is a non-amphetamine stimulant. Concerta is free of amphetamines. As a result, 54 mg is sufficient for persons suffering from ADHD.
The treatment of ADHD can be completed in as little as seven weeks with the help of Concerta. Personality changes are some of the additional negative effects that can be observed.
Concerta is commonly referred to as methylphenidate in its generic form. Concerta is typically available in the form of ERT (extended-release tablet).
Main Differences Between Vyvanse and Concerta
- Vyvanse is a type of medication that is used in the cure of ADHD, which is an amphetamine stimulant. On the other hand, Concerta is a special type of drug or medication that is given to patients affected with ADHD. However, this drug is a stimulant that is non-amphetamine in nature.
- Because Vyvanse contains amphetamine, it is given to ADHD patients with the lowest dose, which is 30 mg only. On the other hand, Concerta does not contain amphetamine. Therefore, around 54 mg is enough for the patients affected with ADHD.
- Vyvanse usually takes around two hours to show its effect on the body of the person. Moreover, it is given to the person at the time of breakfast so that the effect of the drug can be seen throughout the day. On the other hand, Concerta takes only around 30 minutes to show its effect. However, the effect of the drug can be seen in the person’s body for around 10 hours.
- The side effect that can be observed in a kid diagnosed with Vyvanse is that after around five hours sudden rise in blood pressure can be witnessed. In this case, the parent must contact the doctor as soon as possible. On the other hand, the side effects that can be observed while taking Concerta are the rebound effect of all the ADHD symptoms, which further worsens the health of the child. Some other side effects can be witnessed in the form of personality changes.
- Vyvanse is highly popular by its generic terminology, which is Lisdexamfetamine. On the other hand, the generic terminology by which Concerta is highly popular is methylphenidate.
- Vyvanse is usually found in the market in the form of chewable tablets and capsules. On the other hand, Concerta is usually found in the form of ERT or extended form of release tablets.
- The treatment of ADHD can be done usually in four months when they are closely monitored while diagnosed with Vyvanse. On the other hand, with the help of Concerta, the treatment of ADHD can be cured within seven weeks.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.