- Kaspersky Antivirus: Provides essential antivirus and anti-malware protection with real-time scanning and removal of viruses, worms, ransomware, and other malware.
- Kaspersky Total Security: Offers a comprehensive security suite that includes all the features of Kaspersky Antivirus, along with additional tools like firewall protection, VPN, webcam protection, password manager, and parental controls.
- Differences: Total Security emphasizes privacy and identity protection, supports mobile devices with additional features, and is priced higher than the basic Antivirus package. The choice depends on your specific protection needs and the functionality level required.
What is Kaspersky Antivirus?
Kaspersky Antivirus, as its name suggests, is a cybersecurity software. It can protect any device from viruses, malware, spyware, and other online threats. It is designed by Kaspersky Lab, a global cybersecurity company based in Russia.
It has real-time protection to offer. The scanning algorithms can detect and remove any online threat from your mobile or computer. While installing this on your device, you can not accidentally download malicious software.
This antivirus supports Windows, Mac, and any mobile devices. It employs a combination of signature-based detection and behavior-based detection to identify and terminate known and unknown threats. Any potential threats will get blocked by the system.
It is elementary to use, and the configuration is straightforward to follow. After opening the application, the user can select between a quick, full, or custom scan of specific files, folders, or drives. However, it is unable to protect and encrypt data.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2023 | 3 Devices | 1 Year | PC | Online Code||Check Price on Amazon|
Kaspersky Total Security is designed to be advanced antivirus software that offers complete security. Being an advanced system, it has parental controls that allow parents to monitor and control their children’s online activities, such as limiting screen time and blocking inappropriate content.
You can also manage and store all your passwords. The system will keep them safe with encrypted multi-factor authentication. Webcam protection and anti-tracking features also make sure to keep your data unassailable.
Using Kaspersky Total Security, financial transactions are also safe as it keeps browsing private. Your vital data is kept secured by the backup and encryption feature. As it is all-in-one, the cost of it is high.
It is also perfect for family use, covering up to 10 devices. It can also save you from the viruses of public Wi-Fi networks with its Virtual Private Network feature. Additionally, the built-in firewall will notice and eliminate any cyber threat.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Kaspersky Total Security 2023 | 5 Devices | 1 Year | Antivirus, Secure VPN and Password Manager...||Check Price on Amazon|
Difference Between Kaspersky Antivirus and Total Security
- Kaspersky Antivirus is the basic version of cybersecurity software, while Kaspersky Total Security is the advanced version with evolved security protection.
- Kaspersky Antivirus does not have a VPN, but Kaspersky Total Security has a VPN where you can surf online anonymously and proceed with secure payments.
- Kaspersky Antivirus can not manage your passwords, but Kaspersky Total Security keeps all your passwords organized and secure.
- Kaspersky Antivirus is a more affordable option if you are looking for low-cost, basic antivirus protection. Kaspersky Total Security, being an advanced security solution, is expensive.
- You will get basic phishing protection in Kaspersky Antivirus, but in Kaspersky Total Security, you will get advanced and foolproof anti-phishing and anti-spam features.
Comparison Between Kaspersky Antivirus and Total Security
|Parameter of Comparison||Kaspersky Antivirus||Kaspersky Total Security|
|Description||It includes basic safety against malware, phishing, spyware, and virus attack.||It will give advanced protection and counter phishing attacks, spyware, malware, and viruses.|
|VPN||It does not include a VPN.||Here you will get a VPN to browse anonymously and make secure payments.|
|Password management||It does not come with password management mechanisms.||It has a password management facility to save all the passwords safely.|
|The number of devices covered||It will safeguard only one device.||It will cover up to 10 devices.|
|Firewall protection||It has basic firewall protection.||It offers advanced firewall protection.|
|Data backup and encryption||It does not have data backup or encryption features available.||It has data backup and encryption features to ensure the protection of crucial data.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.