People living in the 21st century have made people of the century habitual with many tech-friendly inventions. From small mobile phones to big aircraft, things are made in mind the country’s citizens use and need for them.
They are used all around the world, especially in the summertime. Occasionally, they get upgraded with the newest and the best features and functions to make them more efficient.
- AC, or Air Conditioner, is a device used to cool, dehumidify, and circulate air in a room or a building. At the same time, a Refrigerator is a device used for cooling and preserving food and beverages.
- AC uses a refrigerant to cool the air and blow it into the room, while Refrigerator uses a refrigerant to absorb heat from the food items and release it outside to keep the inside cool.
- AC is larger than a Refrigerator and can be portable or mounted on the wall, while the Refrigerator is generally larger and stationary.
AC vs. Refrigerator
AC works by drawing in warm air from the room and passing it over evaporator coils filled with refrigerant, where as the warm air passes over the coils, the refrigerant absorbs the heat and turns into a gas. A refrigerator works by removing heat from the inside and releasing it outside.
Ac is a short form for Air conditioner. The purpose of this gadget is to provide people with cool air when the weather or the temperature of the environment is hot. It is mainly used in the summertime.
A refrigerator is a machine that keeps any food and liquid relaxed and chilled. It is also used to protect things from lasting longer and turning bad or getting rotten by bacteria.
|Parameters of Comparison||AC||Refrigerator|
|Another name||Air Conditioner||Cooler|
|Definition||Machines are used to provide cool air and remove humidity in a place.||Machines keep things chill in confined spaces like liquids and food solids.|
|Year of discovery||1902||1755|
|Discovered by||Willis Haviland Carrier||William Cullen|
|Use of Thermal Energy||ln the process of working of AC, thermal energy is used to keep the air at a cool temperature.||In the process of the Refrigerator, there is a transfer of thermal energy from a colder to a higher temperature.|
|Main parts||Condensing coil, expansion valve, evaporator coil, compressor||Compressor,|
condenser, expansion device, evaporator
What is AC?
Ac is an abbreviation for Air conditioner. Willis Haviland Carrier first thought of the idea for AC. He was an engineer and inventor who discovered this in Brooklyn, the USA, in 1902.
AC helps maintain the balance of humidity and purity in the air. Aside from its use in homes and offices to preserve food and safeguard them from bacteria, it is also used for scientific and industrial research.
Though it is an advantageous invention, the refrigerants that Air Conditioner release is quite harmful; it has been established that they are one of the main reasons for causing damage to the ozone layer and the reason for climate change.
What is a Refrigerator?
The name “Refrigerator” came from the Latin verb “refrigerate,” derived from the Latin adjective “frigus,” which translates into “cold.” William Cullen first thought of the idea of the Refrigerator in 1755.
It retains materials in a confined, cool place. It has four essential parts in its compression cycle: A compressor, a condenser, an expansion device, and an evaporator. R134a is a refrigerant that is used in domestic Refrigerators as well as in automotive ACs.
Main Differences Between AC and Refrigerators
- Compared to it, Ac’s primary use is for human comfort, cooling out for equipment, infection control, and artifact preservation by balancing out the humidity in an environment.
- Refrigerators must have a De-ice mode so the heat exchanger doesn’t clog with ice. Eventually, a point in time will come when one has to thaw the ice while pressing that mode button.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.