Land on earth is divided into continents and islands. And these continents into countries, and further, these countries are divided into different states, cities, and villages.
Every person is identified on the basis of which country he lives in. For example, people living or born in America are known as American, while people born in India are known as Indian.
Most of the states have been formed for a great time, but this does not imply that new states cannot be formed further. For example, a new state in India has been formed after many years called Telangana.
Now it is very close to the existing state Andhra Pradesh. To avoid confusion following are important differences between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Andhra Pradesh vs Telangana
The main difference between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is that Andhra Pradesh was formed earlier than the Telangana; Andhra Pradesh was formed on 1 November 1956, whereas Telangana was formed on 2 June 2014. Andhra Pradesh covers more area, i.e. 162,968 km², whereas Telangana covers less area, i.e. 1,12,077 km². There are only 13 districts in Andhra Pradesh, while Telangana has more districts, i.e. 33 districts. Andhra Pradesh has more population than Telengana, but that also implies that there is higher poverty and literacy rate in Andhra Pradesh than in Telangana. Other than these differences, they can also be differentiated based on their economy, agricultural productions, cultural institutions, food, etc., which are mentioned below.
Andhra Pradesh is a state situated in the south-eastern region of India. It was founded on 1 November 1956.
It covers a 162,968 km² area it is rich in culture and religious values. It has several enterprises, investment industries, and information technology systems, etc., and therefore it has a balance or good economy.
Most people are engaging in industries for a livelihood in agricultural production. The main languages spoken in this state include Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Tamil.
Telangana is also a state situated in India. Hyderabad is the capital of it. It was founded on 2 June 2014 and covers a 1,12,077 km² area.
It has several similarities to Andhra Pradesh. The main occupation of people in this state is agricultural production hence;, it produces more agricultural products than its neighbouring countries.
Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam are the main languages spoken in this state.
Comparison Table Between Andhra Pradesh and Telengana
|Parameters of Comparison||Andhra Pradesh||Telengana|
|Food influenced by||Orissa||Maharashtra and Karnataka|
|Number of districts||13||33|
What is Andhra Pradesh?
It is the fifth-largest state in India. It is rich in cultural and heritage values. There is much architecture, art, landscapes buildings in this state that attracts several people or tourism.
It is surrounded by the following states:
- Karnataka in the west,
- Tamil Nadu in the south,
- Maharashtra in north
- Orissa and Madhya Pradesh on north-east
This place has many temples and monuments that describe its glorious history. Telugu is the official language of this state.
It has both winter and summer weather, but summer tends to be excessively hot while winters are not much cold. It has 13 districts in total.
Following are some main tourists places in this state:
- Araku Valley, Vishakhapatnam
- Lord Venkateswara Temple,
- Tirupati Borra Caves, Vishakhapatnam
- Katiki Waterfalls, Vishakhapatnam
- Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Vishakhapatnam
- Yarada Beach, Vishakhapatnam
- Talakona Waterfall, etc.
Following are some of the festivals celebrated in this region:
- Ugadi is the Telugu New Year
- Makara Sankranti,
- Vinayaka Chaviti,
- Maha Shivaratri, etc.
What is Telangana?
Telangana or also spelt as Telanagana, is the 29th and later formed the state of India. The name of this sates is derived from the Trilinga Desa.
Lord Shiva is related to three mountains, with one of them named Telangana. This state as formed, later on, shared many similarities with many of its neighbouring countries.
For example, it shares its capital, i.e. Hyderabad, with Andhra Pradesh. River Godavari River also passes through this state which is considered holy and goes by several other names.
The 12th number has a very important significance with it. It is the 12th largest state and 12th most populated state in the country.
As Hyderabad attracts the most of its tourism, it has several religious and historical monuments or buildings. Not only this, some remarkable archaeologists are building in this state as well.
It engages in agricultural production. It is surrounded by many states that are ahead in the economy in terms of industries and information technology systems.
Main Differences Between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
- When compared in term of education, Andhra Pradesh is indeed ahead of Telangana, this because Andhra Pradesh was part of colonial Madras Presidency during the British rule, and hence people give education system main importance while Telangana was under the Nizams and other feudal lords, and hence people do not give much importance to the education system.
- There is a major dialect difference between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, especially in southern Andhra Pradesh and Northern Telangana that some people in these regions speak different languages.
- Andhra Pradesh is also ahead of Telangana in terms of cultural values, as it has more institutions of classical music and dancing learning. Lastly, most of the famous Telugu writers and poets belong to Andhra Pradesh only, while Telangana has fewer learning institutions.
- Andhra Pradesh has a better economy as it has a better information technology system, investment industries, and enterprises, whereas Telangana lacks information technology and major enterprises, and thus, its lack in terms of economy.
- When compared in terms of agricultural production, Telengana is ahead of Andhra Pradesh as it produces more agricultural products than Andhra Pradesh.
- Although both of them have similar foods, in some areas, food is influenced by different states, food of Telangana is more influenced by Maharashtra and Karnataka, whereas the food of Andhra Pradesh is influenced by Orissa.
- Andhra Pradesh has many capitals, whereas the capital of Telangana is Hyderabad only.
Therefore, with all the above information and differences between Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, there should not be any confusion between both of them. Both of them are similar as, both of them share boundaries, both of them were an as single state for many years, and thus they share many cultural and religious values, many people speak the same language, they have same or similar foods, etc.
Although it might not be very important for foreigners to know the difference between these but people living in India should always need to have basic geographical knowledge about the states. The formation of new states could be due to a reason, social conflict, religious conflicts, etc.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents