A lot of brands exist in India that generate a high revenue annually, and the success stories are also unparalleled.
With the help of emerging marketing trends, various brands like Camlin and Camel are highly popular in the Indian subcontinent and the surrounding region.
Camlin’s company, sometimes known as Kokuyo, is a Japanese firm. Camlin Ltd, or Camlin Limited, is a multinational stationery manufacturer based in India.
Classmate is a student stationery brand headquartered in India that is a part of ITC Limited. The Indian Tobacco Company first introduced this brand.
- Camlin is an Indian stationery company that offers art materials, writing instruments, and office supplies. At the same time, Classmate is a brand by ITC Limited that specializes in notebooks and other educational products.
- Camlin emphasizes artistic and creative supplies, whereas Classmate targets the student market, focusing on notebooks and writing instruments.
- Camlin’s long history was established in 1931, while Classmate was launched in 2003.
Camlin vs Classmate
The difference between Camlin and Classmate is that Camlin has consumers and a broad reach across the entire South Asian region. Camlin is well-known for its broad range of office equipment, writing instruments, and art materials, among other things. On the contrary, customers of a classmate company are limited to India. Classmate is well-known for its diverse product line, which includes art supplies, pencil sharpeners, erasers, math instruments, and notebooks.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Camlin Corporation, sometimes known as Kokuyo, is a Japanese corporation. Camlin Ltd is a global stationery manufacturing company based in India. Japan’s Kokuyo owns more than half of the company’s profits.
Camlin is a stationery manufacturing and production company. As a result, it is often known as the stationary industry. Camlin was founded in India in 1931.
However, in 2012, Kokuyo, a Japanese firm, purchased 51 percent of the company’s stock.
Classmate is an Indian brand that specializes in student stationery products and is a part of ITC Limited. The Indian Tobacco Company launched this brand.
Classmate is a consumer goods brand. As a result, it’s known as a consumer-based sector. ITC Ltd developed the Classmate brand in 2003, and it has been earning revenue in the market ever since.
The current Classmate company is based in Kolkata, India’s largest metropolis.
|Parameters of Comparison||Camlin||Classmate|
|Industry type||Stationery||Consumer goods|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, India||Kolkata, India|
|Area served||South Asia||India|
What is Camlin?
The current Camlin company’s headquarters are located in Mumbai, India’s financial hub. Camlin has consumers and a broad reach throughout the entire South Asian region.
Camlin is well-known for its extensive range of office equipment, writing instruments, and art materials, among other things.
Camlin is a brand that specializes in stationery design and production. As a result, it’s also known as the stationary industry.
Camlin started as an Indian-based company in 1931. However, in 2012, Kokuyo, a Japanese firm, acquired 51 percent of the company’s shares.
Camlin Corporation, often known as Kokuyo, is a Japanese conglomerate. Camlin Ltd, sometimes known as Camlin Ltd, is a multinational stationery manufacturing company based in India.
Japan’s Kokuyo owns more than half of the company’s stock, and it’s with this company that the profits are split.
What is Classmate?
The current Classmate organization is headquartered in Kolkata, India’s largest metropolis. The clientele of a classmate’s company is all from India.
Art stationery, pencil sharpeners, erasers, math tools, pencils, pens, and notebooks are just a few of the things available from Classmate.
Classmate is a brand that specializes in consumer goods. As a result, it is known as a consumer-based sector. ITC Ltd launched the Classmate brand in 2003, and it has been effectively producing income in the market since then.
Classmate is an India-based brand that specializes in student stationery products and is a part of ITC Limited. The Indian Tobacco Company created this brand.
Main Differences Between Camlin and Classmate
- The company of Camlin or which is popularly known as Kokuyo Camlin Ltd, is the later name of Camlin Ltd is an Indian manufacturing company of stationery in the global market. Kokuyo of Japan holds more than fifty percent of the stake in the company with which the profit is being shared. On the other hand, Classmate is an India-based brand which a subsidiary of ITC Limited and focuses upon student stationery products. This brand was launched by the Indian Tobacco Company.
- Camlin is a brand that takes care of the manufacture and production of stationery. Thus, it is also referred to as the stationary industry. On the other hand, Classmate is a brand whose industry is focused on consumer goods. Thus, it is referred to as a consumer-based industry.
- Camlin was first founded in the year 1931 when it was an Indian-based firm. However, in 2012, a Japan-based firm Kokuyo took over 51% shares in the company. On the other hand, the brand of Classmate was launched by ITC Ltd in the year 2003, till then it has been successfully generating revenue in the market.
- The headquarter of the present Camlin company is situated in the financial capital of India, i.e., Mumbai. On the other hand, the headquarter of the present Classmate company is in the metro city of India, in Kolkata.
- Camlin company has its customers and wide coverage throughout the whole South Asian region. On the other hand, Classmate company has its customers restricted to India only.
- Camlin is famous for its wide market in manufacturing office products, writing implements, Art materials, etc. On the other hand, Classmate is famous for its wide range of products like art stationery, pencil sharpeners, erasers, math instruments, pencils, pens, and notebooks.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.