Career and Dream are both two separate terms. A career is a part of life and a mixture of educational, economic, and political decisions.
Whereas Dream is something that you want to happen but is not very like in real life. A career is a fundamental part of our life, whereas a dream is something we imagine while sleeping.
- A career is a long-term professional path that a person chooses to pursue.
- A dream is a desired outcome or goal that a person hopes to achieve.
- A career is a practical path, while a dream is a more aspirational goal.
Career vs Dream
A career is a long-term commitment that requires education, training, and experience, providing stability, and opportunities for advancement. A dream is a vision of what a person wants to achieve in their life, is tied to personal goals, and may or may not be related to a person’s career.
|Parameter of Comparison||Career||Dream|
|Meaning||A career is something for which one trains and undertakes as a permanent calling.||A Dream is an imagination, thoughts, or emotions passing through our mind during sleep.|
|Who has deadlines?||Careers have deadlines; they have a time limit.||Dreams have no deadlines as such. It can go on forever.|
|Who has the cost?||Career bears a cost because it includes education and employment opportunities in our life.||A dream is free. A plan does not require any cost in education and employment.|
|Hard work requires||Careers are hard to achieve, and it requires hard work.||Dreams require imagination. Everyone has an easy drive.|
|Who produces results/outcomes?||Career produces the results of hard work done at the time of education and employment.||Dreams cannot produce results as they won’t require any hard work.|
|Inspiration/Motivation||A career with the help of motivation and inspiration can improve our life better.||Dream gives motivation and inspiration that will help in a career.|
What is Career?
A career is a series of jobs that most people do during their working life for better employment opportunities and money. For example, Rakesh is hoping for a career in the police department as a police officer.
A career is a job for which we are getting trained and which is always helpful during our working life. For example, Shilpa is hoping for a career in social work, and Mohini left her college to pursue her career in acting.
A career requires hard work in the field of education and employment. A job is a way of life.
By having a career, we can earn respect and money. A job is not an imaginary thing that won’t get true.
A Career requires cost as it produces results. A career is based on the reality of our life.
It has a specific deadline. For example, if Sachin wants to pursue a CA as a career, there will be a deadline to complete a CA degree, i.e. 5 years of his life.
When he becomes CA, he will earn respect and huge money throughout his life.
What is Dream?
Dreams are nothing but an imagination or thoughts which we see during sleep. The Dream is a series of events that happen in our mind while sleeping.
The Dream is free. It won’t require any cost to perform an act. For Example, we may dream during sleep of being superman, but it is impossible and will not happen in real life.
Dream provides motivation and inspiration. The Dream has no time to finish. It can remain forever.
The Dream has no outcome as it does not require any cost. The Dream does not have an ending point.
Dream dreams do not have any time limit. Many people maintain their goals without reaching them in their entire lives.
We always wish to happen the Dream very much, but it is not very likely to happen. For example, Rahul always dreams of having a flying lesson. Dreaming can lead to a bigger plan.
It can extend the limits of your imagination. One can dream big, but it will not happen in real life.
The Dream is something that we imagine that we have heard, done, or seen something when we have not.
Main Differences Between Career and Dream
- Career produces the outcomes of the results. Dreams do not have the effects of the results as it just imagination.
- A career is challenging, whereas Dream is accessible. A career requires a cost to perform an act, whereas a dream does not require any cost. It is free for all.
- A career is something in which you are acting. The Dream is something you imagine about. Action is required by a career, whereas a dream does not require any action to perform.
- Careers have a time limit, whereas Dream does not require any time limit. The Dream can be forever. The Dream is just a dream, and it can go on forever.
- A career is based on real-life, whereas a dream is not. We can imagine in our dream of being superman, but this will never be going to happen in real life.
- The Dream can have some inspiration and motivation, but the change of life will happen only when there is a Career that can change your life. Dreams can bring you motivation. They can inspire you. But careers can change your life forever. The Dream can extend your imagination but the Career extent you.
- Dreaming can lead to a bigger dream. It can extend the limits of your imagination. But, career extent you. A career increases your skills and abilities and changes you forever.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.