Career and Dream both are two separate terms. Career is a part of life and it is a mixture of decisions on educational, economic, and political. Whereas Dream is something that you want to happen but that is not very like to happen in real life. Career is the real part of our life whereas a dream is just a thing which we imagine in our mind during sleeping.
Career vs Dream
The main difference between a career and a dream is that a career is a reality of life whereas a dream is an unreality of life. The career is what would happen in our life but the dream will not be likely to happen in real life.
Comparison Table Between Career and Dream (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||Career||Dream|
|Meaning||Career is something for which one trains and undertaken as a permanent calling.||A Dream is an imagination, thoughts, or emotions passing through our mind during sleep.|
|Who have deadlines?||Career have deadlines, they have a time limit.||Dreams have no deadlines as such. It can go forever.|
|Who has cost?||Career bears a cost because it includes education and employment opportunities in our life.||A dream is free. A dream does not require any cost in education and employment.|
|Hard work requires||Careers are hard to achieve and it requires hard work.||Dreams just require an imagination. Everyone has an easy dream.|
|Who produces results/outcomes?||Career produces the results of hard work done at the time of education and employment.||Dreams cannot produce results as it won’t require any hard work to be made.|
|Inspiration/Motivation||A career with the help of motivation and inspiration can improve our life better.||Dream gives motivation and inspiration so that it will help in a career.|
What is Career?
Career is a series of jobs that most people do during their working life, for getting better employment opportunities and money in their life. For example, Rakesh is hoping for a career in the police department as a police officer.
Career is a job for which we are getting trained and which is always helpful during our working life. For example, Shilpa is hoping for a career in social work, Mohini left her college to pursue her career in acting.
A career requires hard work in the field of education and employment. Career is a way of life. By having a career in our life we can earn respect as well as money. Career is not an imaginary thing that won’t get true.
A Career requires cost as it produces results. Career is based on the reality of our life. It has a specific deadline. For example, Sachin wants to pursue a CA as a career then there will be a deadline to completing a CA degree i.e. 5 years of his life. The outcome when he becomes CA, he will earn respect and can earn huge money throughout his life.
What is Dream?
Dreams are nothing but an imagination or thoughts which we are seeing during sleep. The Dream is a series of events which happen in our mind when we are sleeping. The Dream is free it won’t require any cost to perform an act. For Example, we may dream during sleep of being a superman, but it is impossible and it was not going to happen in real life.
Dream provides motivation and inspiration. The Dream has no time to finish it can remain forever. The Dream has no outcome as it does not require any cost. The Dream does not have an ending point. The Dream just dreams it does not have any time limit. Many people in the world maintain their dreams without reaching them in their entire lives.
The Dream is something that we wish always to happen very much but it is not very likely to happen for example Rahul always dream to have a flying lesson. Dreaming can lead to a bigger dream. It can extend the limits of your imagination. One can dream a big but it will not happen in real life. The Dream is something that we imagine that we have heard, done, or seen something when we have not.
Main Differences Between Career and Dream
- Career produces the outcomes of the results. Dreams do not produce the outcomes of the results as it just an imagination.
- Career is hard whereas Dream is easy. Career required cost to perform an act whereas dream does not require any cost it is free for all.
- Career is something on which you are acting. The Dream is something you are just imagining about. Action is required by career whereas dream does not require any action to perform.
- Careers have a time limit whereas Dream does not require any time limit. The Dream can be forever. The Dream is just a dream and it can go forever.
- Career is based on real-life whereas a dream is not. We can imagine in our dream of being a superman but this will never be going to happen in real life.
- The Dream can have some inspiration and motivation but the change of life is going to happen only when there is a Career that can change your life. Dreams can bring you motivation. They can inspire you. But, careers can change your life forever. The Dream can extent your imagination but the Career extent you.
- Dreaming can lead to a bigger dream. It can extend the limits of your imagination. But, career extent you. Career increases your skills and abilities and changes you forever.
Career is a series of jobs that most people do during their working life, for getting better employment opportunities and money in their life. The Dream is just imagination which will not happen in real life.
Career can become true but not the dream. One can have inspiration and motivation from a dream but it is only the career that can change your life forever. The dream can be seen without any cost but career requires cost in real life.