Nowadays, people use cryptocurrency, and they use it for many business purposes. Cryptocurrency is getting so much value nowadays, and the growth of this currency is getting higher and higher.
When you earn currency on a digital platform,, you must collect and store it safely. Coinbase and Metamask are the two wallets that help you to store and keep your digital currency safely.
- Coinbase is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange that allows users to buy, sell, and store various digital assets.
- MetaMask is a decentralized wallet and browser extension enabling users to manage and interact with decentralized applications (dApps) on the Ethereum network.
- While Coinbase simplifies trading and storing cryptocurrencies, MetaMask provides more control over assets and direct access to dApps.
Coinbase vs Metamask
Coinbase Wallet hosts a wide variety of blockchain assets. It is a closed-source, self-custody wallet that gives you complete control of your crypto. MetaMask only features support for tokens and digital assets on the Ethereum ecosystem and is an open-source, self-custodial wallet.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
People are doing business, buying only assets. So doing this business, sometimes people prefer digital currencies. These cryptocurrencies cannot be accessed physically; you have to store them in your wallet.
Coinbase helps you to store these cryptocurrencies safely and securely. Even Coinbase allows you to sell these tokens or currencies. You can transfer them too from one wallet to another.
You can also use the Metamask wallet as a browser wallet which will help you to store and use this as an extension. This wallet performs as an extension for other cryptocurrency trading sites.
Users can have this software or application in their mobile or web browser. It stores your token and assets safely
|Parameters of Comparison||Coinbase||Metamask|
|Cost||the cost for Coinbase is free. Users can access it for free||Metamask is also a free wallet for users.|
|Security||Metamask has a medium level of protection.||Metamask has a medium level of security.|
|Wallet||Coinbase is a software plus browser wallet||Metamask is a browser wallet|
|Mobile App||Coinbase does not have a mobile app||Metamask has a mobile app|
What is Coinbase?
In this new era, people are not fond of carrying local currencies in their pockets. Now people can have digital currencies or wallets, which can help them take their money.
Now it’s not just some easy money or local currency, this is known as a cryptocurrency that is only available on the web, or you can access it digitally. This currency is used in business and for other trading purposes.
So, there are wallets that help you to keep these currencies safe and secure. Coinbase is a wallet that is software and also a browser wallet that allows you to keep your coins safe.
Coinbase also helps you to sell, and transfer, and it also allows you to buy currency. Coinbase makes your selling and buying of currency easy. The wallet also allows you to send your coins and receive them free from your friends.
Even the transaction between merchants and business people is also free. The security is also very tight. No one can access the wallet easily; the wallet has a secret code that always updates.
The backup security is also high and maintained. The wallet has an easy way of transaction; even providing the simple exchange of currency within different merchants. The wallet can help you find merchants and shops too.
What is Metamask?
Metamask is a browser wallet that helps you to carry your currency easily. All the assets and digital assets can be stored in this wallet. This wallet usually interacts with the Ethereum blockchain.
It helps the user to look broadly into the currency and manage them. The tools and all the technology is based on the Ethereum blockchain, which allows the wallet to control and trade with that value.
Metamask helps you to make broad transactions, which allows the users to look forward to many transactions. Metamask has a medium level of security.
It provides biomatrix security and allows you to log in with different accounts. You can manage accounts and send currencies to other users at one time. The new feature in this wallet allows you to swap the tokens and buy them.
The user can find shops and merchants within the software. It also gives you the option of boosting your fund. Many users can use this wallet to invest in crypto and trade it with other investors.
Metamask is a free and open-source browser application. It is also not in custody with any server. This helps you to support all the tokens available in the market. You can store any cryptocurrency in this wallet.
Main Differences Between Coinbase and Metamask
- The main difference between Coinbase and Metamask is that Coinbase gives the users net support, which is more usable and easy for the users. But, Metamask does not give net support to the users.
- The other difference is that the users can swap their assets in the Coinbase wallet. But this feature is not available in the Metamask wallet. Users can exchange or swap their assets easily in Coinbase.
- Another difference between Coinbase and Metamask is that Metamask is easy and beginner-friendly. Coinbase is tough, and it takes a little time to understand the software.
- The important difference between the both is that Coinbase can integrate and connect with all the delegated apps in the system or mobile. But Metamask does not support any delegated apps in the system.
- The other important factor is the accessibility and convenience of the users to secure their payments. Coinbase helps them to secure their payments and safely send their trading coins to others. Metamask does not provide high-level security.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.