Every country has its own unique lifestyle. And all the country’s representatives strive hard to give the best quality of life to its citizens. Bilateral relations between India and UAE are at an all-time high. While India is located in a country in Southeast Asia, UAE is a country in Western Asia.
Both the countries have paved their history that is quite interesting and a lifetime would not suffice to explore every corner of these places.
India Vs UAE
The main difference between India and UAE is that India is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). India is equipped in following the common law system while the UAE follows the system of civil law.
India is a large South Asian country with a diversified landscape ranging from Himalayan peaks to the Indian Ocean coastline, as well as a five-millennia-old history. The Red Fort complex in Delhi and the gigantic Jama Masjid mosque in Agra, as well as the Taj Mahal mausoleum in Agra, are all Mughal Empire icons in the north. In Varanasi, pilgrims bathe in the Ganges, while Rishikesh is a yoga center and a starting point for Himalayan hiking.
The United Arab Emirates is a Middle Eastern country. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is made up of seven emirates that have a special peace treaty with the United Kingdom. This is why they were known as the Trucial States in the past. Dubai is the most well-known and popular city in the UAE, and the word Dubai has become synonymous with the country.
Comparison Table Between India And UAE
|Parameters of Comparison||India||UAE|
|Located at||Southeast Asia||Western Asia|
|Population||138 crores (as of 2020)||98.9 lakhs (as of 2020)|
|Capital City||Delhi||Abu Dhabi|
|Official Currency||Indian Rupees||UAE Dirham|
What is India?
India Based History And Geography
India was once a part of ancient Gondwanaland when Laurasia met Gondwanaland. It split from Gondwanaland and migrated northward. The Himalayas were formed when the Indian tectonic plate clashed with the Eurasian tectonic plate.
India’s flora and wildlife are diverse, featuring animals such as the Royal Bengal Tiger, Gir Lions, Asiatic Elephant, Olive Ridley Turtles, Sea Cow, and more.
The North East Region and the Western Ghats are two of the world’s 14 biodiversity hotspots, and both are located in India.
In Meghalaya, living tree roots are used to construct bridges.
Indian History And Culture
Harappan civilization (2800 BC-1750 BC) was the world’s first planned urban civilization, with planned cities, subterranean drainage, flushed toilets, and other amenities.
The lost-wax process, commonly known as investment casting, was invented in India – Invented during the Harappan Civilization, investment casting is a sophisticated manufacturing method.
In India, the world’s first major religion, Buddhism, was born.
Diversity- India is home to all of the world’s main religions; it has 22 official languages and numerous dialects; more than 200 ethnic groups; and a wide range of clothing, cuisine, music, dance, and festivals.
Few Interesting Facts About India
- More than 1.7 billion people inhabit the Indian subcontinent, and India is their way of life.
- In the last 2000 years, India has been the world’s greatest economy for more than 1100 years.
- Despite all of the obstacles, India’s newest form, the Republic of India, is the world’s largest functional democracy. It is also the largest economy in the world that is growing at the fastest rate.
What is the UAE?
The United Arab Emirates is divided into two major Emirates (Abu Dhabi and Dubai) and five minor Emirates (Ajman, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain). More than 65 percent of the UAE’s population and nearly 95 percent of its area are accounted for by the Big Two.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) was established in 1971 after the United Kingdom withdrew its sovereignty over the Emirates’ borders. Iran’s military display during maritime operations near the Tund Islands also aided the union.
The economy of the United Arab Emirates is not solely based on its oil reserves.
The UAE government has been investing heavily in tourism infrastructure, transforming this desert country into one of the top five international tourist destinations in the world.
Every year, more than ten million people visit Emirates. The United Arab Emirates is known for having the most exquisite and even extravagant hotels and resorts.
Such amazing constructions as the Burj Khalifa and the Palm Islands can blow anyone’s mind who has seen them.
The Federal Supreme Council, which is made up of seven emirs, governs the United Arab Emirates. The hereditary President of the Emirates is the ruler of the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
Dubai’s emir always served as prime minister. Political parties are not allowed to operate in the UAE.
International experts consider the UAE to be one of the least suited places on Earth for a free press. Sharia law is enshrined in the country’s constitution.
The United Arab Emirates is a country that blends a contemporary economy with an antiquated judicial system.
Main Differences Between India And UAE
- Freedom Level: The level of political and civil rights enjoyed by the people of a particular country or territory determines the freedom level.
- In 2018 India was categorized as a free country whereas UAE has been branded as not a free country.
- Gender Gap: The gap that reflects between men and women in social, political, or economics.
- India has ranked 140th among 150 countries as per the 2021 Global Gender Gap Report and UAE has ranked 78th among 150 countries.
- In terms of richness:
- Indians are becoming richer with each passing day but it takes time to become a high-income country while UAE is 9 times bigger than India in terms of richness.
- Happiness Report:
- India is ranked 139 globally according to the Happiness Index of the World Happiness Report. UAE is ranked 11th globally.
- Human Development Index: Overall Development
- India is categorized as having a medium level of development and the UAE has the better basic infrastructure, high literacy levels, and life expectancy that is reflected in the human development index.
Both India and UAE were under British rule. India won independence in 1947 and UAE won independence in 1971.
Both India and the UAE have presidents who pick prime ministers, but the President of India is elected, while the President of the UAE is chosen from among the seven emirs.
The executive, legislature, and judiciary are the three branches of government in both countries, but their composition and functions differ.
Anyhow, all the countries in the world have loopholes one country topping in one category doesn’t justify its the best country.
In the same way, India and UAE have pros and cons of living but both the countries are striving hard to give a better life to their citizens.