Kaspersky Lab is a global leader in cybersecurity solutions and services. The 20-year-old company has developed numerous security programs over the years, out of which Kaspersky Anti-virus and Kaspersky Internet security are deemed the most popular.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides computer malware protection, including detecting and removing viruses, worms, and Trojans.
- Kaspersky Internet Security offers a firewall, privacy protection, and secure online transactions.
- Users should choose between the two products based on their security needs, with Internet Security being more comprehensive for those seeking advanced protection.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus vs. Internet Security
Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides basic antivirus protection with real-time protection and web filtering, making it a good choice for users who want a simple, straightforward antivirus solution. Kaspersky Internet Security provides antivirus protection, firewall protection, parental controls, and online payment protection.
Kaspersky Anti-virus protects a computer from internal and external malware from the internet. It detects and eliminates viruses, Trojan horses, worms, and spyware from the computer software.
Meanwhile, Internet security protects a computer from viruses, phishing, cyber-attacks, malware, adware, and much more. In addition, internet security offers features like privacy, parental control, data protection, and a personal firewall.
Due to the surplus in features of Kaspersky Internet Security, it is bound to be costlier than Anti-virus.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Protection against and elimination of Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, and spyware
|Protection, elimination, and privacy from all threats, including viruses, cyber-attacks, phishing, spyware, etc.
|Anti-virus protection from malicious software, activity monitoring, vulnerability detection, and internet traffic control.
|Includes all features of Anti-virus along with additional features like Firewall, data protection, privacy, parent control, etc.
|Cheaper than Internet Security
|Costlier than Anti-virus due to additional features
|Level of Security
|Advanced security tools and high-level protection
|Compatibility with Mac and Mobile
What is Kaspersky Anti-Virus?
Kaspersky Anti-virus is a closed-source Anti-virus program. Developed by Kaspersky Labs, it was initially released in 1997. This top-notch security tool offers protection from threats like Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses, and spyware.
Kaspersky Anti-virus has a three-tiered security module that detects, protects, and eliminates cyber threats in real time. This helps keep a PC running fast and smoothly 24/7.
The program is easy to use as it instantly blocks malicious software and alerts users about hackers and other attacks. Kaspersky Anti-virus can also detect and remove rootkits.
The program deals with anti-virus scans for virus and malware detection, activity monitoring, vulnerability detection, and internet traffic control.
Kaspersky Anti-virus is budget-friendly and cost-effective, providing 98% protection from internal and external threats. Its features include blocking viruses, filtering phishing emails, protecting computers against ransomware and hackers, and a virtual keyboard to hide text while typing from keyloggers.
The program is available for users in three languages – English, French, and Spanish. It is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Android, and iOS.
Recently developed editions of the antivirus include a Linux edition and Kaspersky Anti-virus for Mac. This antivirus is not compatible with other types of antivirus and anti-spyware software.
What is Internet Security?
Kaspersky Internet Security is an Internet security suite initially released in 2006. It is compatible with Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac (OSOS X).
An Internet security suite is a collection of software tools that protect computers from harmful viruses and malware. As a security suite, Kaspersky Internet Security builds upon Kaspersky Anti-virus tools and numerous additional features.
Apart from a basic Anti-virus program, Internet Security provides sophisticated additional features to its users. These include free VPN with up to 300 MB of traffic daily, safe money browsing, webcam protection, and much more.
This Internet security suite includes Advanced Anti-virus, sophisticated protection from malware, anti-hacking software, privacy tools, and home protection. Its additional features include a file shredder, social network monitoring, gamer mode, and even a GPS child locator!
Kaspersky Internet Security is costlier when compared to Anti-virus, but its innovative and easy-to-use features make it worth spending money on.
Main Differences Between Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-virus protects a computer from viruses and malware, while Internet security provides additional features like banking tools and parent control in addition to Anti-virus.
- Anti-virus only detects and removes viruses, worms, spyware, etc., while Internet Security provides complete protection from all threats. This is because of its sophisticated additional features, which include an anti-banner, anti-phishing, webcam protection, etc.
- A firewall is not included in the Kaspersky anti-virus program. On the contrary, Kaspersky Internet Security includes firewalls.
- Kaspersky Anti-virus is less costly than Internet security. Though Internet Security is more costly, its features compensate for the money spent.
- While Kaspersky Anti-virus offers basic security against viruses and malware, Internet Security provides high-level protection through its sophisticated tools.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.