The Naim Mu-so 1 model operates on a single-core chip that can produce 150 million instructions per second (MIPS). However, the new and improved Naim Mu-so 2 model boasts an advanced multi-core chip that allows a conspicuous amplification in the total MIPS rate. The powerful processor of this model can process a total of 2000 MIPS.
Thus, the digital signal processing power (DSP) of the 2nd generation Naim Mu-so model is considerably superior to that embodied by the original variant. This seminal difference is reflected in the performance delivered by each wireless speaker.
Naim Mu-so 1 vs 2
The difference between the Naim Mu-so 1 and Naim Mu-so 2 multi-room, wireless soundbars is that the former has a diminished processing power as compared to the significantly amplified processing power embodied by the latter variant.
Comparison Table Between Naim Mu-so 1 and 2
|Parameters of Comparison||Naim Mu-so 1||Naim Mu-so 2|
|Digital Signal Processing||The inferior processor used in this model has an effective digital signal processing strength equivalent to 150 MIPS.||The superior processor used in this model has an effective digital signal processing strength equivalent to 2000 MIPS.|
|Price||The Naim Mu-so 1 model is more lucratively priced.||As the improved variant with several sophisticated features, the Naim Mu-so 2 model is priced at a relatively higher price point.|
|Weight||The original Naim Mu-so model is significantly heavier than its successor. It weighs approximately 13 kg.||The Naim Mu-so 2 model is lighter than the original version of the product, weighing approximately 10 kg 400g.|
|HDMI ARC Socket||The Naim Mu-so 1 model does not have an HDMI ARC socket.||The Naim Mu-so 2 model is equipped with an HDMI ARC socket.|
|Overall Performance||Sound quality is inferior compared to the new and improved 2nd generation model.||Sound quality is definitively enhanced in the Naim Mu-so 2 variant due to integral structural alterations in the sound drivers of the device.|
|Bass Quality||Diminished bass soundscapes.||The 13% increase in cabinet volume allows for an amplified bass performance.|
|Launch Year||This model was initially launched in 2017.||This model was launched in 2019.|
What is Naim Mu-so 1?
The Naim Mu-so first-generation model is a wireless soundbar created and marketed by the revered brand Naim. The system is equipped with a 32-bit digital signal processor that can process up to 150 MIPS. This audio brain of the product empowers its quality performance.
The Naim Mu-so 1 model features the Universal Plug ‘n’ Play feature that allows the user to connect the device to their PCs, making music streaming easier than ever. It is also equipped with the AirPlay feature, Spotify Connect, USB connectivity, and other coveted specs.
The lossless streaming service -TIDAL is integrated into the Naim Mu-so 1 model. This cost-effective variant is a top choice for soundscape enthusiasts. However, a drawback of the model is that it is not equipped with the HDMI feature.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Naim Mu-so V1 450-Watt Wireless Reference Music System (Black/Silver)||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Naim Mu-so 2?
Naim Mu-so 2 was launched in 2019 as an improved variant of the first-generation model. This version features a sophisticated digital signal processing strength of 2000 MIPS. This model shares the formidable features of the original version as well as incorporates some of the more noteworthy improvements in the performance arena.
The Naim Mu-so 2 operates on a multi-core chip that enhances the performance of the model even further. An added advantage of purchasing the Naim Mu-so 2 model is the HDMI socket that expands the connectivity options available to the user. The sound quality of this premium soundbar is truly unmatched.
Moreover, the 2nd generation Naim Mu-so variant is lighter and sleeker than the initial design. However, one of the most significant deterrents for customers is that this model is quite exorbitantly priced.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Naim Mu-so 2nd Generation Wireless Speaker, Black, Single||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Naim Mu-so 1 and 2
- The main difference between the Naim Mu-so 1 and 2 models is that the former operates on a single-core chip, while the latter operates on a multi-core chip. This implies that the digital signal processing strength of the Naim Mu-so 2 unit is much more amplified than the initial design. At 2,000 MIPS, this outnumbers the Naim Mu-so 1’s digital processor with 150 MIPS. Thus, sound processing has been effectively optimized in the latter variant.
- The new and improved Naim Mu-so 2 model is far more exorbitantly priced than the original design, which is sold at a relatively cost-effective price point.
- The original Naim Mu-so model is heavier than the Naim Mu-so 2 variant. The former model weighs about 13 kg, while the latter model weighs about 10 kg 400 g.
- Each model has a distinctive year of release. Naim Mu-so 1 was launched in 2017, while the improved Naim Mu-so 2 model was released in 2019 as a potent improvement over its noteworthy predecessor.
- The quality of bass soundscapes is much more precise and sharpened in the Naim Mu-so 2 model. The upgraded speaker drivers contribute towards this achievement.
- An HDMI ARC socket has been added to the Naim Mu-so 2 version of the product. This feature is absent from the original design.
- The quality of sound produced by the Naim Mu-so 2 model is far superior to that produced by the Naim Mu-so 1 variant.
The Naim Mu-so 1 and 2 models are both formidable choices in the range of wireless multi-room stereos. They offer users some of the most coveted, notable, and sophisticated features available in the market. The classic and sleek design of both variants makes them fan favorites.
However, the most noticeable difference between the two is in terms of the digital signal processing strength embodied by each. The Naim Mu-so 2 model offers a much better MIPS rate as well as guarantees an enhanced performance.
The higher price point of the 2nd generation model is justified by the brand by incorporating some of the most commendable specs that boost the performance of the speaker. The inclusion of the coveted HDMI socket is another notable difference in the newer variant offered by the brand.
Thus, if you are seeking a wireless speaker that offers quality features at competitive price points, then the original Naim Mu-so model will not disappoint. However, if your budget is flexible, then you can opt for the more advanced 2nd generation variant as it comes with several added benefits.
Last update on 2021-10-17 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API