Many individuals don’t have qualified knowledge about the basics of computer languages through which web pages, apps, or games are created. Many computer languages are used in making these different platforms work.
Thus the developers create these for others and sell them worth their prices, and also maintain them regularly. Websites can be developed for many purposes, such as – shopping sites, blogs, teaching, food, photographs, and many more.
Picfair and Squarespace are also part of them that has been created to solve different purposes.
- Picfair is an online marketplace for photographers to sell their images directly to customers. In contrast, Squarespace is a website builder and hosting platform for individuals and businesses to create and manage their websites.
- Picfair charges a commission on each sale on their platform, while Squarespace charges a monthly or annual fee for their website building and hosting services.
- Picfair focuses solely on the sale of images, while Squarespace offers a variety of website templates and features for businesses and individuals to create a customized online presence.
Picfair vs Squarespace
The difference between Picfair and Squarespace is that Picfair is a platform that helps professionals and non-professional photographers in selling their photographs online on the platform worth the price. It is a platform somewhat like a photograph-selling marketplace. While in contrast, Squarespace or Squarespace Inc. is a platform that helps users build websites and provides a hosting platform for them.
Picfair is a marketplace for photos to sell. Professionals and non-professional photographers sell their photos through their accounts or the central marketplace of the platform. The website was founded by the former journalist of ‘The Guardian’ and ‘The New York Times’ Benji Lanyado, in the year 2013.
Squarespace or Squarespace Inc. is a website building and hosting platform based in New York, New York City, America. The founder and CEO of the platform are Anthony Casalena.
Additionally, the website allows its users to use the in-built website templates to create and modify their web pages.
|Parameters of Comparison
|What it is?
|It is a website that helps professionals to sell their images online.
|It is a website building and hosting platform.
|London, United Kingdom
|New York City, New York
|It has a single plus subscription plan
|It has four different subscription plans
What is Picfair?
Picfair is a website meant for the selling of photographers by professionals and non-professional photographers. The platform allows its users to create an account and upload their pictures or photographs for sale.
These photographs can be sold through their accounts or in the central marketplace. As one user upload the picture or photograph on their dashboard, the same photograph becomes part of the central marketplace and can be sold globally.
The idea of creating such a platform was by a former journalist in ‘The Guardian’ and ‘The New York Times’ Benji Lanyado. He created this website in the year 2013, and the headquarters of the website is located in London, United Kingdom.
The origin of the website is somewhat like when Benji Lanyado quit his journalist job and went on to learn to code at General Assembly Coding School, London. He got the idea of creating the same and got invested by Ohanian in the project.
In the year 2018, the website launched its dashboards to upload photographs and digital prints online. And the same year, the website launched a competition for female photographers in partnership with ‘The Guardian’ known as – Women Behind the Lens, and the best entries of the competition were exhibited at the ‘The Guardian’ office.
Picfair has a one-plus subscription plan, which offers its users added benefits such as – multiple store layouts, use own logo and watermark, unlimited uploads, social media links, use of the personal domain, and many more.
The Plus subscription comes with a minimal price compared to other websites in the same field.
What is Squarespace?
Squarespace, or Squarespace Inc., is a website-building company that provides a hosting platform for its users. They also provide some in-built website templates and drag-and-drop elements through which users can create custom and modify their web pages.
The brain behind creating this company was Anthony Casalena, who is also the CEO of the company. He created the company in the year 2004 while studying at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Anthony created the website for his personal use and then started sharing it with his family and friends. Also, till 2006 he was the only employee of his company and reached a goal of $1 million in revenue for the company.
The headquarters of the company is located in New York City, New York, America. The products offered by the company is – Logo maker, Various website templates, Domains, Website Analytics, Blogging, SEO tools, Portfolios, Email marketing, E-commerce templates, and many other services.
The company provides four different subscription plans monthly and annual basis. The plans’ names are – Personal, Business, Basic Commerce, and Advanced Commerce. As of December 2020, Squarespace recorded more than 3 million active subscribers on their website.
Main Differences Between Picfair and Squarespace
- The Picfair platform was founded in the year 2013, while on the other hand, the Squarespace platform was founded in January 2004.
- The founder of the Picfair platform is the former journalist of ‘The Guardian’ and ‘The New York Times’ Benji Lanyado, while on the other hand, the founder and CEO of the Squarespace platform are Anthony Casalena.
- The Picfair platform is based on helping professionals and others in selling their pictures worth the prices on their platform, while contrastingly, on the other hand, Squarespace is an American platform that works in the field of website building and as a hosting platform.
- The headquarters of the Picfair platform is located in London, the United Kingdom, while on the other hand, the headquarters for the Squarespace platform is located in New York City, New York.
- Picfair has a single subscription plan called ‘Picfair Plus’ with some added benefits, while comparatively, on the other hand, Squarespace comes with four different pricing and subscription plans with other added benefits.
Last Updated : 08 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.