The Segway MiniPRO model features a control shaft that can be adjusted according to the user’s preferred height. This considerably enhances the riding experience of the user.
Alternatively, the Segway Ninebot S model was manufactured as an improved variant of the older MiniPRO version, however, the design changes implemented in this model have eliminated the coveted adjustable control shaft. The steering bar of a Ninebot S transporter cannot be adjusted according to the height and comfort of the user.
Segway MiniPRO vs Ninebot S
The difference between the Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S models is that the former variant is equipped with an adjustable steering bar, while the Ninebot S model does not feature an adjustable steering bar. The Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S are both quality self-balancing electric transporters.
Comparison Table Between Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S
|Parameters of Comparison||Segway MiniPRO||Segway Ninebot S|
|Steering Bar||Segway MiniPRO has an adjustable steering bar.||Segway Ninebot S does not have an adjustable steering bar.|
|Height Requirements||The height requirement for this model ranges from 3’3” to 6’6”.||The height requirement for this model ranges from 4’3” to 6’6”.|
|Applicable Age||The Segway MiniPRO version can be used by people in the age category of 16-50 years.||The Ninebot S model can be used by individuals within the age range of 16 to 50 years.|
|Typical Range||This model has a typical range of approximately 13.7 miles.||This model has a typical range of 14 miles.|
|Balancing Rod Design||Straight balancing rod.||Curved balancing rod.|
|Charging Time||4 hours.||3 hours.|
|Dimensions||21.4 x 34 x 10.3 inches||21.6 x 10.2 x 23.4 inches|
|Price||The MiniPRO variant is more expensive than the Ninebot S model.||The Ninebot S model is cheaper than the Segway MiniPRO model.|
|Launch Year||The Segway MiniPRO model was launched in 2016.||The Segway Ninebot S model was launched in 2020.|
What is Segway MiniPRO?
Segway launched its renowned MiniPRO electric, self-balancing transporter in 2016. This model boasts an effective speed of 10 mph while operating on two powerful 800 Watt motors. The ergonomic design of this model makes it a top container for the uno position in the market.
The Segway MiniPRO model promises a smooth ride on two 10.5-inch wheels with a slope capacity of 15 degrees. This model is also equipped with Bluetooth connectivity and can be easily paired with the free Segway app to unlock several other notable features like checking the battery percentage of the transporter and changing the hues of its LED lights.
The adjustable control bar is the most distinctive offering of this model. The steering bar can be adjusted according to the height and comfort of the individual to make the ride smoother and much more enjoyable.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Segway miniLITE Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter, White||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Segway Ninebot S?
The Segway Ninebot S model is the latest addition to Segway’s family of electric transporters. It was launched in 2020 as a marginally improved MiniPRO successor. Thus, this model shares several notable features with its well-loved predecessor.
The Segway Ninebot S model also operates on a 1600 Watt engine and runs on 10.5-inch wheels. Much like the MiniPRRO version, this model has a maximum speed of 10 mph and a slope capacity of 15 degrees. The Ninebot S model is equipped with a lithium-ion battery pack that can be recharged within a span of merely 3 hours.
This lightweight model redefines the ease of portability. It also features an ambient light safety array that can be customized according to the preference of the user. Another additional boon is that it is sold at a lucrative price point. The only drawback of this model is the lack of an adjustable steering bar.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Segway Ninebot S Smart Self-Balancing Electric Scooter with LED light, Portable and Powerful, Black||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S
- The main difference between the Segway MiniPRO and the Ninebot S models is with regard to the balancing rod each variant is equipped with. Segway MiniPRO has an adjustable steering bar. However, the steering bar in the Segway Ninebot S model is completely non-adjustable.
- The height requirements of each transporter model are different. The Ninebot S model has a height requirement range of 4’3” to 6’6”, while the Segway MiniPRO model has a height requirement range of 3’3” to 6’6”.
- The applicable age for using each is also different. The Ninebot S model can be used by individuals within the age group of 16 to 50 years, while the Segway MiniPRO version can be used by people in the age category of 16-50 years.
- The typical range of each self-balancing transporter model is quite contrary to the other. While the Segway MiniPRO model has a typical range of approximately 13.7 miles, the Ninebot S model has a typical range of 14 miles.
- The Segway MiniPRO model is more expensive than the Ninebot S model. The latter model is more cost-effective than the MiniPRO variant.
- The balancing rod in the Ninebot S model is curved compared with its straight counterpart featured in the MiniPRO variant.
- The Segway MiniPRO model takes around 4 hours to recharge, while the Ninebot S variant is recharged within merely a span of 3 hours.
- The dimensional measurements of each variant are different. While the Segway MiniPRO measures 21.4 x 34 x 10.3 inches, the Ninebot S version measures 21.6 x 10.2 x 23.4 inches.
- The Segway MiniPRO model was launched in 2016, while the Ninebot S model was released in 2020.
The Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S models share an overwhelming number of similarities. Both deliver unquestionably effective performances. With strong 1600 Watts engine capacities and several notable connectivity features, both these models are top choices in the market. However, there are also quite a few conspicuous differences between the two models.
The Segway MiniPRO variant is equipped with an adjustable steering bar. This eases the process of navigating the electric transporter. However, in the Ninebot S version, the control steer has been redesigned. It is no longer adjustable. This is a potent drawback for the model.
Moreover, the two models also differ in terms of several other parameters like the typical range of each version, the maximum charging time requirements, market prices, etc. In a comparative analysis, the Segway MiniPRO model emerges victorious. The Ninebot S is not too far behind, but definitely lacks the ease and comfort of a transporter with an adjustable balancing bar.
Last update on 2021-03-01 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents