The Segway MiniPRO model features a control shaft that can be adjusted according to the user’s preferred height. This considerably enhances the riding experience of the user.
Alternatively, the Segway Ninebot S model was manufactured as an improved variant of the older MiniPRO version. However, the design changes implemented in this model have eliminated the coveted adjustable control shaft.
The steering bar of a Ninebot S transporter cannot be adjusted according to the height and comfort of the user.
- The Segway MiniPro is more expensive than the Ninebot S but has a longer battery life and can travel further.
- The Ninebot S is more compact and lighter than the Segway MiniPro, making it easier to transport and store.
- The Segway MiniPro has a more advanced control system, which makes it easier to handle and navigate than the Ninebot S.
Segway MiniPRO vs Ninebot S
Segway mini pro is an ergonomic two-wheeled transporter with a speed of 10 mph. It is built with 10.5-inch wheels and a slope of 15 degrees. Segway ninebot s is a new addition to the transporter that operates on a lithium-ion battery pack. This model has a non-adjustable steering bar.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Segway Ninebot S
|Segway MiniPRO has an adjustable steering bar.
|Segway Ninebot S does not have an adjustable steering bar.
|The height requirement for this model ranges from 3’3” to 6’6”.
|The height requirement for this model ranges from 4’3” to 6’6”.
|The Segway MiniPRO version can be used by people in the age category of 16-50 years.
|The Ninebot S model can be used by individuals within the age range of 16 to 50 years.
|This model has a typical range of approximately 13.7 miles.
|This model has a typical range of 14 miles.
|Balancing Rod Design
|Straight balancing rod.
|Curved balancing rod.
|21.4 x 34 x 10.3 inches
|21.6 x 10.2 x 23.4 inches
|The MiniPRO variant is more expensive than the Ninebot S model.
|The Ninebot S model is cheaper than the Segway MiniPRO model.
|The Segway MiniPRO model was launched in 2016.
|The Segway Ninebot S model was launched in 2020.
What is Segway MiniPRO?
Segway launched its renowned MiniPRO electric, self-balancing transporter in 2016. This model boasts an effective speed of 10 mph while operating on two powerful 800 Watt motors.
The ergonomic design of this model makes it a top container for the uno position in the market.
The Segway MiniPRO model promises a smooth ride on two 10.5-inch wheels with a slope capacity of 15 degrees.
This model is also equipped with Bluetooth connectivity and can be easily paired with the free Segway app to unlock several other notable features like checking the battery percentage of the transporter and changing the hues of its LED lights.
The adjustable control bar is the most distinctive offering of this model.
The steering bar can be adjusted according to the height and comfort of the individual to make the ride smoother and much more enjoyable.
What is Segway Ninebot S?
The Segway Ninebot S model is the latest addition to Segway’s family of electric transporters. It was launched in 2020 as a marginally improved MiniPRO successor.
Thus, this model shares several notable features with its well-loved predecessor.
The Segway Ninebot S model also operates on a 1600 Watt engine and runs on 10.5-inch wheels. Much like the MiniPRRO version, this model has a maximum speed of 10 mph and a slope capacity of 15 degrees.
The Ninebot S model has a lithium-ion battery pack that can be recharged within 3 hours.
This lightweight model redefines the ease of portability. It also features an ambient light safety array that can be customized according to the user’s preference.
Another additional boon is that it is sold at a lucrative price point. The only drawback of this model is the lack of an adjustable steering bar.
Main Differences Between Segway MiniPRO and Ninebot S
- The main difference between the Segway MiniPRO and the Ninebot S models is the balancing rod each variant is equipped with. Segway MiniPRO has an adjustable steering bar. However, the steering bar in the Segway Ninebot S model is completely non-adjustable.
- The height requirements of each transporter model are different. The Ninebot S model has a height requirement range of 4’3” to 6’6”, while the Segway MiniPRO model has a height requirement range of 3’3” to 6’6”.
- The applicable age for using each is also different. The Ninebot S model can be used by individuals aged 16 to 50, while the Segway MiniPRO version can be used by people aged 16-50.
- The typical range of each self-balancing transporter model is quite contrary to the other. While the Segway MiniPRO model has a typical range of approximately 13.7 miles, the Ninebot S model has a typical range of 14 miles.
- The Segway MiniPRO model is more expensive than the Ninebot S model. The latter model is more cost-effective than the MiniPRO variant.
- The balancing rod in the Ninebot S model is curved compared with its straight counterpart featured in the MiniPRO variant.
- The Segway MiniPRO model takes around 4 hours to recharge, while the Ninebot S variant recharges within 3 hours.
- The dimensional measurements of each variant are different. While the Segway MiniPRO measures 21.4 x 34 x 10.3 inches, the Ninebot S version measures 21.6 x 10.2 x 23.4 inches.
- The Segway MiniPRO model was launched in 2016, while the Ninebot S model was released in 2020.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.