- Android TV: An operating system for smart TVs, providing access to apps and streaming via Google Play Store.
- 4K TV: Refers to the television’s display resolution, offering four times the detail of a 1080p HD TV.
- Overlap: An Android TV can also be a 4K TV, meaning they can have the Android platform and the 4K resolution simultaneously.
What is Android TV?
Google develops Android TV. It is an operating system designed for smart TVs. These TVs come with a user-friendly interface and personalized home screen. Being a Google product, it comes with the Google Play Store, and the user can choose any app, streaming service, game, etc.
Android TV supports voice search and Google Assistant. It also supports Google Cast, so users can directly broadcast content from their smartphone, tablet, or PC to their TV. It also supports screen mirroring, enabling you to mirror your device’s screen onto the TV.
The users can combine their Android TV with other smart devices in the home. Smart lights, cameras, and thermostats can be controlled with voice commands. Regular updates from Google ensure the latest features and security.
Android TV has several models from different manufacturers. Users can also do gaming with this TV. It has picture-in-picture mode, too, so multitasking is easy with it.
What is 4k TV?
4K TV is also called Ultra HD TV. It is a display technology that delivers higher resolution than 1080p or Full HD. The higher pixel density gives finer details and shows vibrant colors, and these traits make it the best fit for watching nature documentaries and sports events.
4K TVs have the in-built technology of upscaling poor-quality content. Content that was originally low-resolution will get better with a 4K TV. Some models of 4K TVs also support High Dynamic Range or HDR. It includes deeper blacks, brighter whites, and altogether a realistic visual experience.
4K TVs utilize different panel technologies, such as LED, OLED, and QLED. The panel technology, along with other interfaces and designs, depends on the manufacturer of the particular TV.
Users get multiple HDMI ports to support external devices, including Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, and others. The popularity of 4K TVs is gradually increasing. This high-resolution format is getting widely adopted.
Difference Between Android TV and 4k TV
- Android TV is an operating system, whereas 4K TV is a specific display resolution.
- Android TV offers a smart TV experience that may include 4K resolution, while 4K TV focuses primarily on display quality and it does not include any advanced smart TV features.
- 4K TV resolution has 3840 x 2160 pixels, also known as Ultra HD. On the other hand, Android TV can come with different resolutions, including 4K.
- Android TV has a vast selection of apps and content through the Google Play Store, whereas 4K TV offers a limited selection of apps and content.
- All Android TVa is integrated with voice search and Google Assistant support, but these features will be available on 4K TV depending on their model.
- Android TV is a full-fledged smart TV, but 4K is not necessarily smart. It depends on the model.
Comparison Between Android TV and 4k TV
|Parameter of Comparison||Android TV||4k TV|
|Resolution||Depends on the model.||It has Ultra High Definition resolution.|
|Operating System||It has an Android-based operating system.||It has a basic smart TV interface.|
|Availability of apps||Users get vast options to choose from.||It comes with limited options for applications.|
|Voice control feature||It comes with an in-built voice control feature.||All 4K TVs do not have this feature. It will depend on the model.|
|Internet Connectivity||It has built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity.||All 4K TVs do not have this feature. It will depend on the model.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.