As we move on to a new day, more and more changes are being made for the betterment of the people. Radio used to be the only source of entertainment decades ago, but now the latest technological innovations have replaced those items.
Apple is a huge name whenever we talk of smartphones or technological equipment. Whatever their price, maybe customers are always satisfied with the technology offered by Apple.
It was a clever choice to bring in the new product because iTunes is a media player that allows users to organize and play music and video files. This, too, was an important discovery because it helped people have an entertainment system by just clicking or touching their a few times on their device’s screen.
ITunes has been tied with most the Apple products like iPad, iPhone, and iPod. iTunes also allowed users to connect to the Apple iTunes Store, which helped users download audio and video files, movies, ringtones, etc.
- 64-bit iTunes allows more data processing with faster speed and higher performance than 32-bit iTunes.
- 64-bit iTunes is compatible with 64-bit operating systems, while 32-bit iTunes can run on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- 64-bit iTunes uses more memory space than 32-bit iTunes, but it provides a more secure and stable environment for running applications.
64-Bit vs 32-Bit iTunes
The difference between 64-bit and 32-bit iTunes is that in the 64-bit version, you can use 64-bit and 32-bit iTunes in any of them. Other than that, the 64-bit installer comes with a 64-bit code that is much faster.
|Parameters of Comparison||64-Bit||32-bit|
|Usage||Users can download music, audio, movies, and data files like PDFs.||It can also perform similar tasks to 64-bit iTunes.|
|Transferring of Apps||After downloading, certain apps or games can be transferred to other devices like iPhones, iPad, and other such devices.||It can perform the same thing and can transfer.|
|Home Sharing Feature||Yes||Yes|
|Additional Features||The 64-bit iTunes has got additional libraries and drivers.||Do not have any additional features.|
|Other Tasks and Features||Downloading files, tv shows, movies, ringtones, and other such things.||It can perform the same thing and is almost similar to 64-bit features.|
What is 64-Bit iTunes?
The 64-bit iTunes is just a media player that is a free program for Apple users. The player is quite simple and easy to use and designed for the common people’s benefit.
So, if you are an Android user and want a taste of iTunes on your device, keep your hopes high because you can avail of that option from Google Play. The iTunes program is a free program where you can perform various types of tasks like recording CDs, editing music files, listening to podcasts, and many more.
Apple brought out iTunes back in 2001, and since then, they have made several changes by keeping their updates checked regularly or periodically. iTunes 64-bit was introduced later than the 32-bit, and it came with several fixes and updates.
The 65-bit had provided the following bug fixes:
- Resolved the issue of syncing of iPad with the iTunes program.
- Faster syncing of iPad, iPhone, and iPod.
- Improved the overall stability and also performance.
- It can work in Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. However, this does not work on Windows XP’s 64-bit edition.
What is 32-bit iTunes?
32-bit is similar to 64-bit and performs all the same tasks as the 64-bit. So, there is not much difference between the two.
However, please transition from 32-bit to 64-bit because it will benefit you more because of the latest bug fixes and other additional updates on 64-bit. Surprisingly, the transition will not affect or impact the data files.
Well, this is because of the additional updates in 64-bit that have a type of installed program that will not let any issues come in the way. As now iTunes can also be availed by Android users from the Google Play Store, you can now enjoy the taste of iTunes on your device.
Syncing up your photos has become easier because of the introduction of iTunes, and the 64-bit iTunes comes with much better stability and better performance.
Main Differences Between 64-bit and 32-bit iTunes
- iTunes helps users download music files, audio files, movies, videos, television shows, and ringtones on their devices.
- The 64-bit iTunes comes with a much better performance than the 32-bit iTunes.
- The transition can be done from 32-bit to 64-bit without issues impacting the data files like PDFs.
- The home-sharing feature in iTunes makes your syncing process much easier.
- Apps downloaded from the App Store can later be transferred to your iPod, iPad, or iPhone.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.