Everyone loves listening to music. Apple, with the launch of its AirPods, made a revolutionary product for music lovers.
They can enjoy hassle-free music with these AirPods.
- AirPods 1, launched in 2016, are Apple’s first-generation wireless earbuds, featuring the W1 chip for easy pairing with Apple devices.
- AirPods 2, released in 2019, are the second-generation wireless earbuds from Apple, which include an upgraded H1 chip for faster connection and improved battery life.
- AirPods 1 and AirPods 2 offer a wireless audio experience with seamless integration into the Apple ecosystem, but AirPods 2 have enhanced performance and battery life due to the upgraded H1 chip.
Airpods 1 vs. Airpods 2
Air Pods 1 are cordless earplugs manufactured by Apple, released in December 2016 they specifically work with all the gadgets of Apple Inc having W1 chips for high quality sounds. Air Pods 2 have an improved H1 chip, supports wireless charging, offers faster switching between devices, and features “Hey Siri” voice activation.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The two AirPods launched by Apple are Airpods 1 and Airpods 2. Airpods 1, launched by Apple in 2016, were wireless earbuds.
Airpods 1 became the first generation airpods and became popular quickly. They were enabled with Bluetooth connectivity and therefore were operational using mobile phones.
The second-generation AirPods by Apple is Airpods 2, enabled with a better processor. The AirPods were similar in their looks and came only in white color.
|Parameters of Comparison||AirPods 1||AirPods 2|
|Features||In airpod 1, one has to double-tap the airpod to activate the personal assistants.||One of the exclusive features of the airpod 2 is its ability to activate Siri with a voice command.|
|Processor||Airpods 1 have a W1 chip processor.||Airpods 2 have an H1 chip processor.|
|Sound quality||The sound of AirPods 1 is apple’s signature sound.||The sound quality of airpod 2 is better than airpod 1 due to a better processor.|
|Battery backup||Airpods 1 gives around two hours to talk time in one-time charging.||Airpods 2 gives around three hours of talk time which is 50% more than airpod 1; however, users have claimed to use airpods 2 for up to 5 hours on a single charge.|
|Charging case||Airpods 1 does not come with a wireless charging case but can be charged with a separately bought wireless charging case.||Airpods 2 comes with a wireless charging case.|
What is Airpods 1?
The first generation AirPods launched by Apple in 2016 were Airpods 1. Airpod 1 was the first airpods to provide Bluetooth connectivity and wireless talk compared to conventional wired earbuds.
Airpods 1 was fitted with a W1 chipset processor that enables its functions. The processor and a single charge give it enough power to run for about two hours.
Each of the two AirPods had two microphones fitted inside. The sound of the AirPods was a typical Apple sound.
The AirPods had a fast-charging system that charged them in fifteen minutes; one had to place the AirPods on the charging pad. However, the battery life of these airpods was less.
The Bluetooth of the airpods is compatible with any device with higher versions of Bluetooth, starting from Bluetooth 4.0. They function well with iPhones, iPads, and iPod models with iOS 10 or higher.
What is Airpods 2?
Airpods 2 were the second and the next generation of AirPods. Apple launched it in 2019 after the discontinuation of the airpods 1.
They came with the same design and color as Airpods 1. The internal technology of Airpods 2 was upgraded.
They were better fitted with an H1 chipset processor than the W1 chipset. The better processor provided overall better performance.
After charging it fully, it functions around 50% more than the original airpods. The new airpods were launched with a wireless charging case, which was its main attraction.
The better processor gave it better sound quality, but the original Apple sound was the same. One of the main features provided in Airpods 2 was the ability to invoke personal assistants like Siri with a voice command.
Airpods were made compatible with devices with Bluetooth 5.0 or higher. They function with iOS 12.2 or higher devices or macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or higher.
Main Differences Between Airpods 1 and Airpods 2
- Airpods 1 are a first-generation AirPods launched by Apple, a significant breakthrough in the market, whereas Airpods 2 are a second-generation airport launched by Apple in 2019.
- Airpods 1 comes with a W1 chip processor, whereas Airpods 2 comes with the latest technology processor, H1.
- The two airpods have almost identical designs, so it isn’t easy to differentiate between them at first look.
- Both the airpods have the typical apple sound; however, the airpod 2 has a better sound quality of a better processor.
- Airpods 2 provides better and more stable connectivity than airport 1.
- Airpods 1 gives up to two hours of talk time, while airpods give up to three to five hours after a single charge depending on the use.
- Airpods 1 does not come with a wireless charging case however can be charged with a wireless charging case, while airport 2 may or may not come with a wireless charging case.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.