A sport like boxing, which dates back to the ancient Middle East, has evolved. Various boxing championships have been played worldwide, with legends such as Muhammad Ali, Manny Pacquiao, Georges Carpentier, and Joe Frazier competing in the sport. Both Ali and Frazier were boxing champions and continue to inspire aspiring boxers despite their differences in ideologies, principles, and tactics.
- Muhammad Ali displayed a unique boxing style, focusing on speed, agility, and technique.
- Joe Frazier relied on raw power, toughness, and relentless pressure.
- Their three iconic fights, including the “Thrilla in Manila,” showcased the distinctiveness of their styles.
Ali vs Frazier
The difference between Ali and Frazier is that they had different fighting techniques. Ali threw punches from indifferent angles and avoided using his hand to throw punches. He played a total of 61 fights. On the other hand, Frazier wore down his opponents by applying pressure on them. He played a total of 37 fights.
The light heavyweight champion, Muhammad Ali, began boxing at 12 in Louisville, Kentucky. By the age of 18, Ali had won a gold medal in light heavyweights. A well-known heavyweight boxer, he is considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights of all time. He threw punches from indifferent angles, avoided using his hand to throw punches, and played a total of 61 fights.
The heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier was born in Beaufort, South Carolina, on 12th January 1944. During his professional boxing career, he won 32 out of 37 bouts. Frazier used the fighting technique, where he wore down his opponents by applying pressure to them. The world lost this boxing legend on 7th November 2011.
|Parameters of Comparison||Ali||Frazier|
|Birth||Born on 17th January 1942.||Born on 12th January 1944.|
|Place of Birth||Louisville, Kentucky.||Beaufort, South Carolina.|
|Matches played||A total of 61 matches.||A total of 37 matches.|
|Matches won||Won 56 matches and lost only 5 matches.||Won 32 matches and lost only 4 matches.|
|Death||The world lost this legend at the age of 74 in 2016.||Died at the age of 67 on 7th December 2011.|
What is Ali?
The light heavyweight champion, Muhammad Ali, began boxing at 12 in Louisville, Kentucky. At the age of 18, Ali won a gold medal in light heavyweights. During his lifetime, he fought 61 times, winning 56. Among those wins, 37 came by KO. Only five losses were recorded. The world lost this legend in 2016 at the age of 74.
Ali used different angles to throw punches and avoided using his hands to throw punches. The sport of boxing is among the most celebrated in history, and Ali is generally regarded as one of the boxing legends. He defeated all the top heavyweights of his time. In 2012, the Olympic flag was carried by him.
The legends’ awards and accomplishments include six Kentucky Golden Glove titles, two National Golden Glove titles, gold from the 1960 Summer Olympics, and three world heavyweight titles. Named the “Sportsman of the Century” and the “Sports Personality of the Century,” Ali has been named Fighter of the Year more times than any other boxer in history.
What is Frazier?
The heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier was born in Beaufort, South Carolina, on 12th January 1944. Frazier used the fighting technique, where he wore down his opponents by applying pressure to them. Throughout his professional boxing career, he won 32 of 37 fights. Twenty-seven of those victories were by knockout. There were four losses and one draw.
Frazier’s legacy places him among the top heavyweight fighters of all time, and he is frequently regarded as one of the seven or eight greatest boxers of all time. During his professional career, he made millions of dollars, but the mismanagement of funds caused him to struggle financially as he aged. He owned and operated a Philadelphia boxing gym later in life. The world lost this legend on 7th November 2011.
Among Frazier’s accomplishments and awards, the most significant ones are the are three National Golden Gloves titles, Olympic gold for the heavyweight in 1964, and induction into the boxing hall of Fame. He held the title of Fighter of the Year for three years in 1967, 1970, and 1971.
Main Differences Between Ali and Frazier
- Ali used the fighting technique, using different angles to throw punches and avoiding using his hands. On the other hand, Frazier used the fighting technique to wear down his opponents by applying pressure to them.
- Ali was a boxing legend recording a win of 56 matches of 61 bouts. On the other hand, Frazier was a boxing legend recording a win of 32 matches of 37 bouts.
- The light heavyweight champion, Ali, was born in Louisville, Kentucky. On the other hand, heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier was born in Beaufort, South Carolina.
- Among the 56 matches won by Ali, he won thirty-seven by KO. On the other hand, among the 32 matches won by Frazier, he won twenty-seven by KO.
- The world lost the boxing legend Muhammad Ali, in 2016, at the age of 74. On the other hand, the world lost the boxing legend Joe Frazier, on November 7, 2011, at 67.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.