The present lifestyle of the world is based on electronics and gadgets. These gadgets have developed so rapidly and still growing and have completely influenced lives that no one can now imagine their personal or professional lives without the use of these gadgets. Computers, laptops, etc., have also been among them since the day of their invention. Before, they were huge and were manufactured in very limited numbers. But now, almost every other person knows to work on them.
- Apple computers run on macOS, while PCs use the Windows operating system.
- Apple products generally have a more unified design language and user experience, while PCs offer a broader range of customization options.
- PCs tend to have a wider selection of software and games, while Apple computers have a reputation for superior stability and performance.
Apple vs PC
The difference between Apple and PC is that Apple is a public based company that manufactures gadgets and electronics. One of them is Macintosh that is (Mac). In contrast, comparatively, on the other hand, the PC is a broader classification of personal computers that includes all the other types of computers that are – desktop computers, laptops, palmtops, etc.
Apple is a company that mainly deals with manufacturing electronic goods, gadgets, software, and many other things. The company was founded approximately 45 years ago that is around in the year 1976. The company manufactured a product named Macintosh, commonly known as an Apple Mac. The features and operating system of the Mac are quite different from the rest of the computers.
PC is a broad classification for the rest of the computers that are available in the market. These PCs are manufactured by varied electronic companies like – Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Vivo, Dell, HCL, and many others. The selling price for such computers varies depending on the customers’ budget, from high to low prices.
|Parameters of Comparison||Apple||PC|
|Manufactured By||Apple Inc. company||Many companies – Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Gateway, HCL, Dell, and many more others|
|Gaming||The product has a limited number of gaming applications that are supported||There are numerous gaming applications supported by PCs|
|Customer Type||Purchased generally by creative or designers||Suitable for mostly every work thus are purchased by every type|
|Download Store||Apple Store||Windows Store|
|Supported voice commands||Siri||Cortona|
|Supported Browsers||Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and many others||Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, and many others|
|Customization||Up to certain limits||Can be customed to extensive limits|
|Activation||Not required and can be installed many times||Unique key is required for the process|
|Repair||They have a specialized showroom or service center for any repair||They have service centers for different companies and they can be repaired by any local knowledgeable person|
|Operating System||macOS Big Sur||Windows 11 and Windows 10|
What is Apple?
Apple is a company that is owned by a public type of organization and is multinational technology. Three individuals founded the company, and they are – Ronald Wayne, Steve Jobs, and Steve Wozniak. It was established around back in 45 years ago, that is 1976. The company is one of the leading companies in the world that manufactures electronics, gadgets, software, and many other products.
Some of the products that the respective company manufactures are – iPad, iPhone, Macintosh (commonly called Mac), Apple iWatch, Siri, Apple TV, iPod, AirPods, iPods, and many more others. The purchasing price of the respective products in India is very high.
The products they produced have an operating system using macOS Big Sur. They support many internet browsers like – Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Brave, Opera, and many others. They have a special store, ‘Apple Store,’ for downloading applications on different products (like in iPhone, Mac, etc.).
What is PC?
PCs are electronic gadget that has been manufactured for individual purpose. They are the broader classification of computers. Some of the computers that include the category are – laptops, desktops, palmtops, and many others. On a worldwide view, IBM is among the manufacturers producing PCs.
Some of the other top brands that manufacture PCs worldwide are Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP, HCL, Samsung, Gateway, and many others. The price range of these computers is very affordable for the buyers.
PCs are the most suitable type of computers for gaming applications. Many gamers prefer personal computers (PCs) for their work. The operating system in them is Windows 11 and 10. The windows on the computers need to be activated, and for that, it requires a special key.
Main Differences Between Apple and PC
- The price for Apple products is expensive, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the price for any PC is quite affordable.
- The manufacturing company for Apple products is Apple Inc. company whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the manufacturing companies for the PC are varied like – Dell, HCL, HP, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Gateway, and many more others.
- Apple products have limited applications that they support, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the PC has enormous, supported gaming applications for their customers.
- Apple products are mainly purchased by customers working in the field of design and creative side whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs are purchased by every other person as it is used in every field of work professionally and personally.
- Apple is said not to be overclockable, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs are said to be overclockable, and that is because of the motherboard and CPU.
- In Apple products, the applications or products are downloaded by the Apple Store, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, in the PC, the products are downloaded by the Windows Store.
- Apple has a voice assistant that is known by the name of Siri and is supported by their every product, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs also have a voice assistant in Windows that is known by the name Cortona.
- Apple supports many internet browsers in their products, and some of them are – Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and many others whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs also support many internet browsers, and some of them are listed – as Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, and many others.
- Apple products can be customized, but they have a limitation on it, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs can also be customized, and they have an extensive limit for it.
- Apple doesn’t require a special activation key for activation. Thus it can be installed numerous times, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PC requires a special activation key.
- The respective service centers repair Apple, whereas comparatively, PCs can be repaired either in the respective brand showrooms or in local repair shops.
- Apple’s operating system is macOS Big Sur, whereas, on PCs, the operating system is Windows 11 or Windows 10.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.