The present lifestyle of the world is based on electronics and gadgets. These gadgets have developed so rapidly and still growing has completely influenced the lives no one can now imagine their personal or professional lives without the use of these gadgets. Computers, laptops, etc., have also been among them from the day of their invention. Before, they were huge and were manufactured in very limited numbers. But now, almost every other person knows to work on them.
Apple vs PC
The difference between Apple and PC is that Apple is a public based company that manufactures gadgets and electronics, and one of them is Macintosh that is (Mac), whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the PC is a broader classification of personal computers that includes all the other types of computer that is – desktop computers, laptops, palmtop, etc.
Apple is a company that mainly deals with the manufacturing of electronic goods, gadgets, software, and many other things. The company was founded approximately 45 years ago that is around in the year 1976. The company manufactured a product named Macintosh that is commonly known to be an Apple Mac. The features and operating system of the Mac are quite different from the rest of the computers.
PC is a broad classification for the rest of the computers that are available in the market. These PCs are manufactured by a varied electronic companies like – Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Vivo, Dell, HCL, and many more others. The selling price for such computers comes in varied price range depending on the customers’ budget from high price to low.
Comparison Table Between Apple and PC
|Parameters of Comparison||Apple||PC|
|Manufactured By||Apple Inc. company||Many companies – Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Gateway, HCL, Dell, and many more others|
|Gaming||The product has a limited number of gaming applications that are supported||There are numerous gaming applications supported by PCs|
|Customer Type||Purchased generally by creative or designers||Suitable for mostly every work thus are purchased by every type|
|Download Store||Apple Store||Windows Store|
|Supported voice commands||Siri||Cortona|
|Supported Browsers||Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and many others||Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, and many others|
|Customization||Up to certain limits||Can be customed to extensive limits|
|Activation||Not required and can be installed many times||Unique key is required for the process|
|Repair||They have a specialized showroom or service center for any repair||They have service centers for different companies and they can be repaired by any local knowledgeable person|
|Operating System||macOS Big Sur||Windows 11 and Windows 10|
What is Apple?
Apple is a company that is owned by a public type of organization and is multinational technology. The company was founded by three individuals, and they are – Ronald Wayne, Steve Jobs, and Steve Wozniak. It was established around back in 45 years ago, that is, 1976. The company is one of the leading companies in the world that manufactures electronics, gadgets, software, and many other products.
Some of the products that are manufactured by the respective company are – iPad, iPhone, Macintosh (commonly called as Mac), Apple iWatch, Siri, Apple TV, iPod, AirPods, iPods, and many more others. The purchasing price of the respective products in India is very high.
The products they produced have an operating system used in is macOS Big Sur. They support many internet browsers like – Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Brave, Opera, and many others. They have a special store, ‘Apple Store,’ for downloading applications on the different products (like in iPhone, Mac, etc.).
What is PC?
PCs are an electronic gadget that has been manufactured for individual purpose. They are the broader classification of computers. Some of the computers that include the category are – laptops, desktops, palmtops, and many others. On a worldwide view, IBM is among one the manufacturer that produced PCs.
Some of the other top brands that manufacture PCs in the world are – Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Dell, HP, HCL, Samsung, Gateway, and many others. The price range of these computers is very affordable for the buyers.
PCs are the most suitable type of computers for gaming applications. Many gamers prefer personal computers (PCs) for their work. The operating system in them is Windows 11 and 10. The windows on the computers need to be activated, and for that, it requires a special key.
Main Differences Between Apple and PC
- The price for Apple products is extensively high, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the price for any PC is quite affordable in range.
- The manufacturing company for the Apple products is Apple Inc. company whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the manufacturing companies for the PC are varied like – Dell, HCL, HP, Asus, Acer, Lenovo, Gateway, and many more others.
- The Apple products have limited applications that are supported by them whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the PC has enormous, supported gaming applications for their customers.
- Apple products are mainly purchased by the customers working in the field of designing and creative side whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs are purchased by every other person as it is used in every field of work professionally and personally.
- Apple is said not to be overclockable, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs are said to be overclockable, and that is because of the motherboard and CPU.
- In Apple products, the applications or products are usually downloaded by the Apple Store, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, in the PC, the products are downloaded by the Windows Store.
- Apple has a voice assistant that is known by the name of Siri and is supported by their every product, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs also have a voice assistant in Windows that is known by the name Cortona.
- Apple supports many internet browsers in their products, and some of them are – Firefox, Safari, Opera, Vivaldi, and many others whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs also supports many internet browsers and some of them are listed – Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, Brave, and many others.
- Apple products can be customized, but they have a limitation on it whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PCs can also be customized, and they have an extensive limit for it.
- Apple doesn’t require a special activation key for activation. Thus it can be installed numerous times, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, PC does require a special activation key for activation.
- The repairing for Apple is done by the respective service centers, whereas comparatively, PCs can be repaired either on the respective brand showrooms or else on local repair shops.
- The operating system in Apple used is macOS Big Sur, whereas comparatively, in PCs, the operating system used is Windows 11 or Windows 10.
To summarize the above discussion, it can be concluded that the overall performance of the Apple products is best as they have much better functions and features in-built in them compared to that of PCs. Although, in some cases, still PCs are the best available choice for the customer, perhaps no one can neglect the Apple behind. The user experience, the interface of the products, the basic specification for Apple is excellent.
Despite the product being quite costly for the customers but the creative, designing, developers, video, or music producers prefer it the most for their field of work. The PCs are quite affordable and are pocket-friendly for the customers, and have a variety of computers under the classification such as – desktops, laptops, palmtops, etc. They are excellent for gaming applications, and features for the same are also very good.