Astrology is a collection of scientifically calculated facts about space, its link with daily human life, and its impact on the future. However, Astronomy is the study of the origins, motions, and future movements of planets and other celestial bodies in space.
- Astrology studies celestial bodies’ positions and movements to interpret their influence on human affairs, while astronomy studies celestial objects, their properties, and phenomena.
- Astrology lacks empirical evidence and is considered a pseudoscience, while astronomy is a well-established scientific discipline.
- Astronomers use advanced technology and mathematical models to explore the universe, while astrologers rely on horoscopes and birth charts to make predictions.
Astrology vs Astronomy
Astronomy is a discipline that focuses on the study of celestial objects and phenomena using instruments such as telescopes and satellites. Astrology, is a belief system that seeks to interpret the positions and movements of celestial objects as they relate to human affairs and personality traits.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The field of Astrology encompasses the examination and study of celestial bodies in space, their movement, and their influence on people’s lives.
Astrology is regarded as pseudoscience by the majority of people. Astrologers are individuals who work in the subject of astrology. These people use the study of astrology to predict future occurrences in people’s lives.
Astronomy is the study of celestial objects in space and the entire cosmos in depth. Astronomy is a discipline of pure science that is studied.
Those involved in the area of astronomy are commonly referred to as scientists. These people are interested in everything that has to do with space and celestial bodies. Astronomy is pure science in layman’s terms.
|Parameters of Comparison||Astrology||Astronomy|
|Definition||The evaluation and study of the celestial bodies in space, their movement, their influence on the lives of individuals.||When the celestial objects in space and the whole universe are studied in detail.|
|Based on||Scientific data and superstition.||Origin, future movements of the planets, the other existing or newly appeared celestial bodies in space.|
|Laymen Understanding||Superstition and predictions.||Pure science, Factual.|
|Individual Choice||It depends from person to person whether to trust this study or not.||Everyone follows this, as this is factual information.|
|Study includes||Complex charts, mathematics, scientific terminologies.||Hypotheses, scientific proofs, changing discoveries.|
What is Astrology?
The field of Astrology encompasses the assessment and study of celestial bodies in space, their movement, and their impact on people’s lives.
Astrology is considered a pseudoscience by the majority of people. Astrologers are those who work in the astrology field. Based on astrology, these folks forecast people’s future events.
Astrology is a collection of scientifically calculated facts about space, its interrelationships with humans’ daily lives, and its impact on the future.
As a result, both scientific evidence and superstition have been used in this research. Astrology is considered superstition by laypeople. Whether to believe in Astrology or not is a personal decision.
This is something that many people believe, yet others do not. No one, however, is obligated to believe astrology’s forecasts.
Certain sophisticated charts, mathematics, and scientific terminologies are all included in the field of astrology. Since the 17th century, this field has been in use.
What is Astronomy?
Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial objects in space and the entire cosmos. Astronomy is a branch and aspect of pure science that is studied. Science is the term used to describe people who work in the field of astronomy.
These people are interested in anything that has to do with space or celestial bodies. Astronomy is the study of the origins, future movements, and other celestial bodies in space, both existent and newly discovered.
Astronomy is pure science in the layman’s mind. Astronomy is not a pure prediction only. It is a branch of science.
Because it is purely true information, everyone on the planet has no choice but to believe or study astronomy as a science. Hypotheses, scientific evidence, evolving discoveries, discoveries, and so on are all part of the science of astronomy.
Main Differences Between Astrology and Astronomy
- The evaluation and study of the celestial bodies in space, their movement, their influence on the lives of individuals are constituted under the field of Astrology. On the other hand, when the celestial objects in space and the whole universe are studied in detail, then it is referred to as Astronomy.
- Astrology is generally taken into consideration as a pseudoscience. On the other hand, Astronomy is studied as a part and branch of pure science.
- The people who are associated with the field of Astrology are called Astrologers. These people predict the future events of individuals based on the study of astrology. On the other hand, the People who are associated with the field of astronomy are usually referred to as scientists. These people study anything and everything related to space and celestial bodies.
- Astrology is the amalgamation of Calculated scientific data related to space and its interrelationship with the everyday life of humans and influence on the future. Thus, this study is based on scientific data and superstition. On the other hand, Astronomy covers the origin, future movements of the planets and the other existing or newly appeared celestial bodies in space.
- In laymen understanding, astrology is superstition. On the other hand, in laymen understanding, astronomy is pure science.
- It’s an individual choice, whether to trust Astrology or not. Many people believe this, whereas many do not. However, no one is bound to trust the predictions led down by the study of astrology. On the other hand, Astronomy, being a part of science, is not a prediction. It’s pure factual data. Thus everyone worldwide has no other option than to believe in or studying Astronomy as a science.
- The field of Astrology includes certain complex charts, mathematics and scientific terminologies. This field had been in existence since the 17th century. On the other hand, the field of Astronomy includes hypotheses, scientific proofs, changing discoveries, etc.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.