The automobile companies are always competing among themselves, and as a result, they constantly release new car models in certain intervals with slight or major modifications.
The Audi Q7 and Audi Q8 are two stunning models that run on roads like a beast. They have quite a few differences in their features and technologies that sometimes go unnoticed.
- Audi Q7 is a larger SUV with seating for up to seven passengers, while Audi Q8 is a sportier, coupe-like SUV with seating for up to five passengers.
- Audi Q8 offers a more stylish design and advanced features, while Audi Q7 focuses on practicality and space.
- Audi Q7 is more family-oriented, while Audi Q8 caters to those seeking luxury and sporty performance.
Audi Q7 vs Audi Q8
The difference between Audi Q7 and Audi Q8 is that Audi Q7 has a sleek design and is a seven-seater whereas, on the other hand, the Audi Q8 has a sporty but elegant look and can accommodate 5 people. Both the models are equipped with astonishing features and yet have several differences.
The Audi Q7 comes with a full-size body equipped with three-row seating, which can easily accommodate seven people. Although, this makes it compromise a little on the cargo space.
It is less expensive when compared to the Audi Q8 model. This turns out to be a drawback to the sales of Audi Q7 too.
The Audi Q8 has an amazing sporty finish look while maintaining an elegant design. It is a two-rowed five-seater SUV that is perfect for a small family.
It has a spacious interior, and if the rear row is folded, it can easily give 60.7 cubic feet of space. It is a little more on the expensive end.
|Parameters of Comparison
|It has a sleek design and is a full-size SUV.
|It has an elegant design with a sporty touch.
|It has three rows of seating that can accommodate 7 people.
|It has two-row seating that can accommodate 5 people.
|It is slightly less expensive.
|It is more expensive.
|71.6 cubic feet on folding both the rear seats.
|60.7 cubic feet on folding the rear seat.
|It is equipped with Audi Virtual cockpit.
|It is equipped with Audi Virtual cockpit plus, Audi connects Plus, and Audi connects Prime.
What is Audi Q7?
The Audi Q7 is a phenomenal result of the hard work, ideas, and creativity of Audi. With each of its features better than the other, there is so much to be mentioned about the Audi Q7.
Starting with the exterior design, it doesn’t fail to catch cases with its full-size SUV sleek design and game-changing curves.
It gives an amazing and comfortable seating space with its three rows placed conveniently in the big space providing a 7 seater accommodation.
Such spacious accommodation makes it very reasonable for big families and is, therefore, their first choice undoubtedly.
To increase the cargo space, the two rear rows can be easily folded and give way to a huge 71.6 cubic feet of volume. This is one of the reasons that many people with small families but frequent travelling habits also choose the Audi Q7.
It has a very stylish chrome detailed wheel design and LED HD Matrix design headlights, making it appear like a stunner on roads.
With a 335 HP, 7700 lb. of towing capacity, and a 369 lb-ft of torque, it rampages all other competitors in its line. Also, the low price of the Audi Q7 gives it a higher-end among buyers giving almost the same features as the Audi Q8.
What is Audi Q8?
The Audi Q8 is another wild SUV running on the roads as it owns them.
It is far more advanced in the field of Technology and digital features as compared to the Audi Q8, making it an eyecatcher among buyers who value technology and can go a little heavy on the pocket for some advanced features.
The engine and other technical specifications of Audi Q8 are just similar to Audi Q7, and therefore the only field of differences that remain between them is their exterior design, cargo space, seating arrangement, price, and Technology.
It is known to have an impeccable, elegant design along with a sporty look which is hard to find.
Another aspect that makes it different from the Audi Q7 is the two rows seating arrangement that can accommodate five people making it a preferred choice for small families.
It can even be helped with a huge cargo space of 60.7 cubic feet. The cockpit is advanced technology-based and comes with Audi connect Plus and Prime, Audi Virtual cockpit and even Sirius XM All Access.
It is slightly in the higher price range, which can be a drawback.
Main Differences Between Audi Q7 and Audi Q8
- The Audi Q7 has been given a stylish and sleek design as compared to the Audi Q8, which has more of a sporty look.
- The Audi Q7 can easily accommodate seven people and has three seating rows making it a full-size SUV. On the other hand, the Audi Q8 is a five-seater owing to two rows.
- The cargo space of the Audi Q7 model comes out to be 71.6 cubic feet when both rear rows are folded, but it is only 60.7 cubic feet on folding the rear row of the Audi Q8 model.
- The pricing of the models is a bit of a surprise as while both of them share quite the same features, the Audi Q7 is more expensive than Audi Q8.
- Audi Q7 is equipped with Audi Virtual cockpit, while the Audi Q8 is more advanced and is equipped with Audi virtual cockpit along with the Audi Connect Prime as well as Audi Connect Plus.
Last Updated : 14 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.