Home security cameras are the need of the hour. Be it for security surveillance or for having a better lookout for family and also pets, home security cameras are the ideal pocket-friendly security guard to document what is happening in the house or its vicinity. Blink Mini or Wyze are two such cameras that are apt for CCTV surveillance of your homes.
Table of Contents
Blink Mini vs Wyze
The main difference between Blink Mini and Wyze lies in their specifications and price range. While both cameras record 1080 videos and have two way sound chat systems, Blink Mini cannot communicate with Google Assistant, while the Wyze Cam can communicate with both Alex and Google Assistant. For similar specifications, Blink Mini is also priced higher than the Wyze Cam.
Blink Mini is a wired indoor security camera with a 1080 HD video camera that can effectively record high-quality videos even during the night. It has a two way sound system from the mobile app to the camera. It lets you record, hear and view a live stream of what’s happening in your home. It has free cloud storage for 30 days, after which the storage can be accessed for a small fee monthly.
Wyze is also a wired indoor security camera with 1080HD video recording and effective infrared night vision. It also supports two way sound recording with its mobile app. It has 14 days of free cloud storage, after which the storage can be accessed by a smaller annual fee.
Comparison Table Between Blink Mini and Wyze
|Parameters of Comparison||Blink Mini||Wyze|
|Video quality||The video quality seems to be a little less clear than Wyze Cams||Video quality seems to be crispier than the Blink Mini|
|Appearance||It has a round flat appearance.||It has a more sleek edged appearance.|
|Sound quality||The sound quality was better in Blink Mini.||The sound tends to be recorded a little slower than the video during show internet conditions.|
|Nighttime vision||Blink mini has too high infrared exposure, due to which any person near the camera is washed out by high brightness.||Wyze has better infrared control giving better-detailed videos even at night.|
|Storage||It comes with free storage for 30 days in the cloud server, but after which, it requires an annual or monthly subscription plan.||Videos up to 12s are stored in the cloud for free. To increase the time limit of videos subscription is needed.|
|Compatible With||It is compatible with other devices like Alexa, Amazon Assistant and IFTTT.||It is compatible with Alexa, Amazon Assistant, Google Assistant, IFTTT and also Chromebook.|
|Mounting||The mount of Blink Mini is plastic made and needs a stand to be put on the wall.||Wzye has a magnetic mount that makes it easier to be put upon its holder screwed to the wall.|
|Local Storage||It does not come with any local storage options. External USB can be purchased.||It comes with a built-in MicroSD card slot.|
|Notification Speed||Blink Mini has a faster notification speed when motion is detected immediately, giving live footage of the camera.||Wyze has a slower notification speed but gives a 12s recorded clip from the time motion I detected.|
What is Blink Mini?
Blink Mini is a budget-friendly plugin video camera that can be used as an effective security or surveillance camera for our households. It has the following features:
- 1080HD video resolution
- Two-way audio chat between camera and user through their mobile app
- The app can be used to arm and disarm the camera in fixed schedules.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Camera with 110° wide vision
- Infrared night vision with adjustable infrared exposure.
- Free cloud storage is accessible to already Blink Users.
- Subscription of Online Cloud Storage Available
- Compatible to work with Alexa and Amazon Assistant, making it accessible from a distance and even without its app
However, the Blink Mini comes with the following disadvantages :
- New Users do not free storage cloud storage
- The price of the device is comparatively high compared to devices of the same specifications
- Mounting and Connectivity Issues have been registered for some users.
- Mount is plastic and flimsy.
- Video and audio quality are not very clear
- Infrared exposure is too high, making the picture become whitewashed during night recordings.
Thus this tiny camera comes with enough specifications to be used effectively in case pets, family, burglary alerts are needed. It has a quick alerting notification of almost around 10s in case motion is detected. It takes you to the live stream of what’s happening at that moment.
What is Wyze?
Wyze is another budget-friendly (friendlier than Blink Mini) wired video camera that can be effectively used as a home security camera or even for monitoring the knick-knack of the house. It comes with the following features:
- 1080HD video resolution
- Two-way audio chat between camera and user through the phone app
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Camera with 110° wide vision
- Infrared night vision
- 14 days free cloud storage, after which an additional subscription is needed.
- MicroSD slot for all-day recording to be stored offline in your house.
- Compatible to work with Alexa, Amazon Assistant, Google Assistant and Chromebook.
- 12s recording to motion detection.
However, the Wyze comes with the following disadvantages:
- Audio and video sometimes seem to not be in sync.
- The app has fewer features than the Blink Mini app, like infrared exposure cannot be adjusted.
- Wyze is known to have once leaked server information making it less secure, although it has been settled now. Blink being Amazon-owned is safer.
Thus the Wyze Cam is known for more powerful specifications with a lesser price tag and cheaper subscription fees than the Blink Mini. Wyze also has a 30s notification time and provides 12s video recording since motion detection.
Main Differences Between Blink Mini and Wyze
- The Blink Mini is more lightweight (only 1.7 oz) than the heavier Wyze Cam (3.52oz).
- The Blink Mini does not have storage options for new users, while Wyze provides free storage for 14 days to all users.
- The Blink Mini has a higher price in both gadgets and subscriptions than the cheaper Wyze Cam series.
- The Blink Mini is compatible with only select devices, while the Wyze Cam can be used with a large number of them like Google Assistant, Chromebook, Alexa, Amazon Assistant etc.
- The Blink Mini has night vision video problems, while Wyze has clear infrared night vision.
- The Blink Mini has greater app facilities making it more user friendly than the Wyze that has limited flexibility.
- The Blink Mini does not have any local storage solutions until now but is said to be soon forthcoming, while Wyze Cams have a MicroSD slot built in their device.
In today’s world, where almost all elders leave the house for work, it is almost necessary to have a surveillance device back at home. This ensures security for several things like children or pets back at home.
These kinds of indoor cameras that are plugins meaning they work all the time can be used to monitor baby status as well. Theft or burglary, or even higher crimes can be documented easily.
Nighttime vision is a powerful attribute in both these cameras that is necessary. Both these cameras come under the category of cheap cameras for our homes and can be used by an individual without any threat to their security.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|