Sleeping is one of the most vital activities which every human must do to stay fit and mentally relaxed. Sleeping on the right kind of mattress is also very important so that people get the right amount of comfort and relaxation during their sleep.
King and Queen mattresses are two such kinds of mattresses providing varying amounts of comfort.
- The King mattress is larger than the Queen mattress in size.The King mattress is suitable for larger bedrooms, while the Queen mattress is suitable for medium-sized ones.The King mattress is more expensive than the Queen mattress.
King Mattress vs Queen Mattress
The difference between King and Queen mattresses is that the King mattress is very spacious and can accommodate a couple and two children, whereas the Queen mattress has a decent space for a couple to relax and have a nice sleep.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
King mattress is very large, having dimensions of 76 inches wide and 80 inches long. It is sufficient to accommodate a couple and their 2 children.
It is about 16 inches wider as compared to a Queen mattress. In fact, when two normal-sized beds are attached, then they both form a King mattress.
The Queen mattress is decent enough to accommodate a couple, the dimensions of the queen mattress are 60 inches wide and approximately 80 inches long.
Queen size mattress is the most demanded mattress for couples as it provides the required amount of comfort and space.
|Parameters of Comparison||King Mattress||Queen Mattress|
|Dimensions||A king mattress is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long.||A queen mattress is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long.|
|Surface area||The surface area of the King mattress is 6080 square inches.||The surface area of the Queen mattress is 4800 square inches.|
|Ease of transportation||A king mattress is very difficult to carry and transfer from one place to another as it does not fit in even trucks and vans.||It is easy to transport a queen mattress with the help of trucks and even vans.|
|Suitability||King mattress is widely used by couples having 2 or even more kids.||A Queen mattress is used by couples having no kids or at a maximum one kid.|
|Shifting capacity||A king mattress cannot be easily shifted from one room to another.||A queen mattress can be easily shifted from one room to another.|
What is King Mattress?
King mattress is very spacious and comfortable and is preferred by couples having 2 or even more children. The area by a person’s dimensions is 38 inches by 80 inches.
The type of room required for a King mattress is a Master bedroom, due to which the popularity of a King mattress is comparatively less than a Queen mattress.
The King mattress is the best choice and option for couples who prefer the maximum possible sleeping space. You need to have a customized King sized bedroom for keeping a King-sized bed and mattress.
The size, weight and height of the sleeping people influence the choice of the Mattress required.
The major advantages of King mattress are:-
- The King mattress is very spacious and comfortable.
- It also serves as a status symbol and looks very great in a large bedroom.
- It is so spacious that it can accommodate easily a couple and two children and even a pet.
The major disadvantages of Queen mattress are:-
- The cost of the King mattress is much more than the queen mattress.
- The accessories and cost of maintenance are very low.
- It is very, very difficult to move.
- It is very difficult to move from one place to another.
What is Queen Mattress?
The Queen mattress was invented in America. It is popular among people seeking space and comfort but do not have a large king-sized bedroom.
A Queen mattress is a very good option for couples not having any children, even having one child. It is easy to move a queen mattress from one place to another.
The various advantages of Queen mattresses are:-
- The cost of a queen mattress is very affordable.
- It is very easy to move and transfer a Queen mattress from one room to another.
- It is the most popular size as most people have the necessary accessories required for it.
- The maintenance charge of the queen mattress is reasonable.
The various disadvantages of Queen mattress are:-
- It is not as spacious as a King mattress, due to which it may feel cramped for some couples.
- It is not at all recommended at all for couples having more than one child.
Queen mattresses have a popularity of almost 32% among people all around the world. The most common Queen mattress are Olympic Queen, California Queen, and spilt queen mattresses.
Main Differences Between King and Queen Mattress
- The cost of King mattresses is quite more than the Queen mattresses.
- The popularity of the King mattress is quite less than the Queen mattress. King mattress is 7% purchased, whereas queen mattress is 38% purchased.
- King mattresses are found in large master bedrooms, whereas queen mattresses are found in guest rooms as well as the normal master bedroom.
- The recommended room size for a king mattress is 12 by12 feet, while the recommended room size for a queen mattress is 10 by 10 feet.
- A king mattress is not transferable from one place to another, whereas a queen mattress is transferable from one room to another.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.