The Mac Mini is a desktop computer that is small and compact, designed to be used with a separate monitor, keyboard, and mouse. It provides faster processors, better graphics, and more memory and storage options at affordable prices. The MacBook Pro is a laptop that is designed to be portable and used on the go. The MacBook Pro also has a built-in display, keyboard, and trackpad.
- Mac Mini is a compact, affordable desktop computer, whereas MacBook Pro is a high-performance laptop designed for professional users.
- Mac Mini requires an external display, keyboard, and mouse, while MacBook Pro is a fully integrated portable system.
- Mac Mini suits users seeking a budget-friendly macOS experience, while MacBook Pro caters to power users and creative professionals.
|Parameter of Comparison||Mac Mini||MacBook Pro|
|Device type||Small form desktop||Laptop|
|Keyboard and Trackpad||Bought separately||Backlit magic keyboard|
What is Mac Mini?
Despite being a desktop computer, the Mac mini is the smallest Mac available.
Surprisingly, because of its smaller size, a Mac mini will be easier to transport while travelling. However, remember that you’ll need a monitor and accessories such as a keyboard and mouse to use it.
The latest Mac mini is equipped with the M1 processor, which has eight CPU cores and eight GPU cores.
All common configurations include the same 8GB of unified memory (RAM) and 256GB of SSD storage.
On the back, it has two USB-C connectors, two USB-A ports, an HDMI 2.0 port, and a Gigabit Ethernet port.
You’ll likely never need an adapter to connect USB devices to a Mac mini.
While the Mac mini has a great port range, you will lose out on the full macOS experience.
It’s mostly a server-oriented computer that lacks the traditional MacBook experience.
The M1 Mac mini costs $699, about half the MacBook’s price.
All you receive with the Mac mini is the hardware required to run macOS. The monitor, keyboard, mouse, or trackpad must be purchased separately.
Adding all of these extras together might raise the final price by a few hundred bucks.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Mac mini Apple M1 chip 8GB Memory 256GB SSD MGNR3LL/A (Renewed)||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Apple 2023 Mac Mini M2 Chip / 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage - Z16K000R3||Check Price on Amazon|
What is MacBook Pro?
The latest MacBook Pro is powered by the M1 processor, which has eight CPU cores and eight GPU cores. It has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage capacity.
For a portable laptop, it’s incredibly thin and light. It’s made entirely of aluminium and has a high degree of fit and finish.
You have the option of a silver or a darker ‘space grey’ finish.
Apple allows you to customize them with up to 16GB of RAM and 2TB of storage capacity.
The MacBook Pro can support two 6K screens with the M1 Pro chip and three 6K displays, and a fourth 4K monitor with the M1 Max chip.
You get a Quad-HD IPS screen with P3 wide color gamut support. And a built-in camera for video calls.
As you don’t need any external peripherals to run your MacBook Pro, it’s a better choice for a travel companion.
Furthermore, due to the M1 chip’s efficiency, you can use your M1 MacBook Pro unplugged for up to 17 hours of online browsing.
Apple only provides two USB-C ports on the M1 MacBook Pro.
Touch ID is included on the MacBook Pro, making it simple to log in. You also have access to the Touch Bar, which displays app-specific buttons.
The base model of the M1 MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage costs $1299.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Apple 2023 MacBook Pro Laptop M2 Pro chip with 10‑core CPU and 16‑core GPU: 14.2-inch Liquid...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||2022 Apple MacBook Pro Laptop with Apple M2 chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) (QWERTY English)...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between MacBook Pro and Mac Mini
- The MacBook Pro is a laptop, but the Mac Mini is a desktop with a compact form factor. They are, however, both small enough to be carried about everywhere.
- MacBook Pro is practically a laptop which means it has built-in accessories, while Mac mini does not come with all the accessories which have to be brought separately.
- Touch ID is included on the MacBook Pro, making it simple to log in. You also have access to the Touch Bar, which displays app-specific buttons.
- The Mac mini, on the other hand, does not have this feature.
- The base model of the M1 MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage costs $1299. The same specs are available in the M1 Mac mini for $699, which is approximately half the price of the MacBook.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.