After a long and tiring day at work, we return home hoping for a refreshing drink that will not only drown the fatigue but also lift our spirits, and which drink does it better than a chilled bottle of beer?
The beer industry has catered to our need to relax with our family and friends while enjoying a good beer. Budweiser happens to be one of the most opted beer brands.
Bud Light and Bud Light Platinum are two of Budweiser’s prominent beers that have caused a great deal of confusion among beer lovers.
- Bud Light is a light lager beer with a 4.2% alcohol by volume (ABV) content.
- Bud Light Platinum is a premium lager with a higher alcohol content of 6.0% ABV.
- The taste profile of Bud Light Platinum is slightly sweeter and smoother compared to the crisp and refreshing taste of Bud Light.
Bud Light vs Bud Light Platinum
Bud Light is low in alcohol, and Bud Light Platinum is high in alcohol. Bud Light tastes like a typical beer, and Bud Light Platinum tastes sweet and punchy. Bud Light is low in calories, while Bud Light Platinum is high in Calories. Bud Light platinum is heavier than Bud Light to consume.
Bud Light belongs to the Budweiser Company. It was one of the most desired beers in the United States of America, but its sale dipped significantly in the past few years.
Budweiser initiated a unique advertisement scheme like no other beer company. As a result of its efforts, Bud Light did see a sharp increase in its demand.
Bud Light Platinum was introduced by Budweiser and has not completed a decade of being in the market yet. It is true that both Bud Light and Bud Light Platinum belong to the Budweiser family but do not mistake them to be the same.
It has a sweet taste in comparison to other beers and contains an alcohol concentration that is slightly higher than the others.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Bud Light Platinum
|Year of Introduction
|It was introduced in the early 1980s
|It was introduced in 2012
|It tastes like a typical beer
|It tastes sweet and punchy.
|High in alcohol content
|Low on calories
|High on calories
|It is a typical brown bottle with an azure wrapper around the bottle
|The bottle is azure-colored with a steel-colored wrapper around the bottle
What is Bud Light?
Bud Light entered the market competition in the early 1980s and became the most favoured beer in various countries. However, as time passed by, its sale dipped significantly and became quite worrisome for Budweiser.
It was relaunched a few years ago with a new look, thereby appealing greatly to the people and reawakening their lost taste for this beer.
The ingredients that go into making a Bud Light are water mixed with fermented rice water and artificial hops.
Initially, the packaging of the Bud Light bottles was akin to the original Bud bottles. But with the relaunch, the appearance of the bottle was transformed completely. Now, the bottle is available in dark brown and has a blue sticker wrapped around it with the words ‘BUD LIGHT’ imprinted on it in white. The beer can is completely azure, and the words ‘BUD LIGHT’ are imprinted on it in white.
Bud Light has a relatively low concentration of alcohol and has a low percentage of calories in comparison to Bud and Bud Light Platinum.
What is Bud Light Platinum?
Bud Light Platinum made its entrance into the market fairly recently in 2012.
The ingredients used to brew Bud Light Premium are just the same as Bud Light, along with a few additions. In addition to water, fermented rice water, and barley malt, Bud Light Premium also uses artificial sugar substances.
It is due to these artificial sugary additions that Bud Light Premium tastes sweeter than the other beers.
Bud Light Platinum comes in an interesting package. The bottle is azure-colored and has a steel sticker wrapped around its body with the words ‘BUD LIGHT’ in grey against the azure background and ‘PLATINUM’ imprinted in azure on a solid steel color.
The beer cans have a steel body with ‘BUD LIGHT’ imprinted in bold white and ‘PLATINUM’ in azure.
Since it uses sugary additives, it is dense in calories. Bud Light Platinum also has a slightly higher concentration of alcohol.
However, it appeals more to the taste buds of those who are slightly averse to the original taste of beer. It shot its sale by making new flavours.
Main Differences Between Bud Light and Bud Light Platinum
- Bud Light entered the market in the early 1980s, but it was relaunched with new packaging fairly recently. On the other hand, Bud Light Platinum was introduced in 2012.
- While the ingredients used to brew Bud Light is water mixed with artificial hops and fermented rice water, Bud Light Premium uses all the ingredients of Bud Light along with artificial sugar substances.
- Bud Light has a typical beer flavour, whereas Bud Light Platinum has a sweet flavour with a punch that it derives from its high alcohol content. However, they are both available in various fruit flavours.
- Bud Light has a low alcohol concentration of about four percent. In contrast, Bud Light Premium has a higher alcohol concentration.
- Where Bud Light is low on calories, Bud Light Platinum is high on calories. This is owing to the difference in their alcohol and additional additive contents.
Last Updated : 01 August, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.