The earth is covered with 30% of the landmass, and that is too divided into seven different continents irrespective of their landmasses, vegetation, climate, or any other geographical factor.
The seven different continents are – Asia, Australia, Antarctica, Europe, North America, South America, and Australia. These continents are further distributed into many countries, states, cities, villages, etc.
The time zone followed also varies from one place to another, but Greenwich is considered the standard time zone.
- Europe is a continent that consists of many countries with diverse cultures and languages.
- America is a continent that includes North, Central, and South America and is dominated by English and Spanish-speaking countries.
- Europe has a long history and more ancient architecture than America.
Europe vs America
The difference between Europe and America is that Europe follows a different time zone and uses the 24-hour time zone. For example – Usually, 2:00 p.m. in 12-hour clock is denoted as same as given 2:00 p.m. whilst in 24-hour clock 2:00 p.m. is denoted as 14:00. Whereas comparatively, on the other side, America uses the 12-hour clock time zone, which is quite easy to use.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Europe is one of the continents among the other 6 continents. The landmass covered by continent Europe is about 10,180,000 km2 or 3,930,000 square miles in approximation. The population density covered or occupied by the continent is 72.9km2.
Usually, in a common language, the people residing in the continents are named Europeans. The religion found or practiced in the continent is Christianity, Islam, Others, and many more that are unknown.
America is used for the United States of America or the USA or the U.S.A. It is a country that is further distributed in the next 50 states with the one federal district that is the capital of the country D.C. or Washington or D.C. Washington.
According to the survey, America is reported to have 3rd or 4th place in the world for the largest area own by a country.
|Parameters of Comparison||Europe||America|
|What is it?||Continent||Country|
|Total Area (in km2)||10,180,000 km2||9,833,520 km2|
|Religions Found||Christian, Islam, Others, and some unknown||Christian, Others, some of them unknown, and many of the following no religion|
|Time Zone||24-hour format||12-hour format|
|Measuring System||Imperial System||Metric System|
What is Europe?
Europe is one of the smallest continents that shares its boundary with the other continent that is Asia. Around Europe lies different seas and oceans around, and that are – Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea, Caspian Sea, North Sea, Baltic Sea, Kuma-Manych Depression.
The continent occupies or covers an area or the landmass of about 10,180,000 km2 or 3,930,000 square miles in approximation. The population of people living in the continent is about 746,419,440, and the density for the same is 72.9 km2.
The portion size of the foods and drinks served in the continent is small. Also, the measuring system used by the people is the metric system. Whilst the date format of the place is mm-dd-yyyy and the time zone use is the 24-hour format.
What is America?
America is the acronym used for the United States of America, the USA, the U.S.A., or the United States. It is a country that lies on the North American continent. The country is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Mexico, and Canada.
The area of the landmass occupied by the country is about 3,796,742 square miles or 9,833,520 km2. The population of the country occupied is sort of fewer if compared with Europe that is 331,449,281, and the density for the same is 87/square mile or 33.6 km2.
The country uses the 12-hour clock format with the imperial measuring system (pounds, miles, inch, yard). The size or portions of the foods and drink served is small. And the date format of the same is dd-mm-yyyy.
Main Differences Between Europe and America
- Europe is one of the continents among the seven continents in the world while comparatively, on the other hand, America or the U.S.A. or USA or the United States of America is the country in the North America continent.
- The total area covered or occupied (in km2) by the continent Europe is 10,180,000 km2 while comparatively, on the other hand, the total area occupied (in km2) by America is 9,833,520 km2.
- The population residing in continental Europe is approximately around 746,419,440, while comparatively, on the other hand, the population living in the country America is approximately about 331,449,281.
- The people living in the continent Europe follow a different religion, and they are – Christianity, Islam, Other, and some that are unknown or unanswered while comparatively, on the other hand, the people living in the country America follows the religion – Christianity, Others, some are atheist that is not following any kind of religion, and some people following the religion that are not known.
- Europe follows the 24-hour clock format making it quite difficult for outsiders or tourists to get their hands on the correct time while comparatively, on the other hand, the country America follows the 12-hour clock format, which is quite easy to understand.
- The date format used by the people livening in Europe is mm-dd-yyyy, while comparatively, on the other hand, the date format used in the country of America is dd-mm-yyyy.
- The serving size of the foods and drinks in Europe and its countries is quite small while comparatively, on the other hand, the serving size of the food served in America is large compared above.
- The measuring system used in Europe is the Metric System while comparatively, on the other hand, the measuring system used in the country America is the Imperial System.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.