The words faraway and far away are somewhat similar. The only thing that makes a difference in them is the way they describe the subject.
You know the subject is the person or the object about which we are talking about. Both words are taken as similar. But the nature of both words is different.
Faraway and far away are both used to describe an object that is not seen in the vision. The object is present at a distant place. A little space changes the word uses and form.
- “Faraway” is an adjective describing a distant place, whereas “far away” is an adverb phrase indicating the distance between two points.
- “Faraway” is used before a noun, while “far away” follows the verb or object it modifies.
- Both terms convey distance, but “faraway” implies a sense of remoteness or inaccessibility.
Faraway vs Far away
The difference between faraway and far away is that faraway is an adjective, and far away is an adverb. The faraway is used to describe the object which is distant, while the far away is used to describe an object distant from a point or by keeping something in reference.
The faraway is an adjective. The adjectives are the words used to describe the noun. They tell about the features or qualities of the noun.
The far away is the Adjective of quantity. The far away is used when an object is not in the vision of the subject( the main element), or we can say the noun.
The far away, on the other hand, is the adverb that is used to describe the verbs. The far away is the word that is used to describe an object which is away from the point or some object.
While the main subject is not mandatory in this case.
|Parameters of Comparison
|The faraway is used to describe the location of the object which is distant from the noun (the subject).
|The far away is used to describe the location of the object which is distant from the reference point.
|The Faraway is an adjective that is used to describe the characteristics of the noun.
|The Far away is an adverb that is used to describe the characteristics of the verb.
|The Faraway belongs to the Adjective of Quantity.
|The Far away belongs to the weak verbs.
|The Faraway is not so much in use but they are seen in children’s books to describe a distant place.
|The Far away is used in formal and informal conversations.
|“There was a boy who lived at a very faraway place from the market.”
|“The cat far away from me.”
What is Faraway?
Faraway is the word that is used to describe a very distant object from the subject. The faraway is an adjective and is categorized under the adjective of quantity.
The adjective of quantity is used for the noun to describe the distance between the object and the subject (the subject is most preferably a noun).
Faraway is an adjective; therefore, whenever we use the word. It describes the object distance which is not visible in the subject’s vision or is being seen at an infinite distance.
The faraway is being used informal conversations. The word is mostly used in fiction stories.
Faraway is an adjective that is not commonly used in sentences. The faraway is mostly seen in children’s books.
The fairytales, movies or stories are the ones where the word has maximum use. We can also refer to some examples in this regard.
- There was a Princess faraway in the jungle.
- The kingdom is somewhere faraway in the mountains.
What is Far away?
The far away is the adverb. The adverb is the words that are used to describe the verbs. The far away is used to describe the object which is away from the reference point.
The reference point here can be any object or a person.
The far away falls under the category of the weak verb. This is because the far away doesn’t change when the tense of the sentence changes.
The weak verbs are the verbs that may or may not use a helping word with them. Usually, far away doesn’t use the helping word with them.
The far away is used in both formal and informal sentences. The examples of the word far away can be seen in the following sentences:
- The house is far away from the college.
- The Wanderlust cafe is far away from Punjabi Bagh.
Main Differences Between Faraway and Far away
- The faraway is an adjective, while far away is an adverb.
- The word faraway is used in children’s books, while far away is used in both formal and informal sentences.
- The faraway is used to describe the object which is distant from the vision. On the other hand, the far away is used for the object away from the reference point.
- The faraway falls under the category of the adjective of quantity, while the far away is categorized under the weak adjective.
- Let us see the difference in examples. The example of faraway: “The well was faraway from the village.” The example of far away: “The Priya’s house is far away from the market.”
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.