Protein is regarded as the building blocks of our body. It is one of the most important nutrients for the proper functioning of our body. We are aware of the fact that how protein shakes are needed in order to create and maintain a well-built body.
Hemp and whey protein helps to fulfil our daily protein requirements but they are entirely opposite of each other.
Hemp Protein vs Whey Protein
The difference between hemp protein and whey protein is that hemp protein gets its origin from plants and the source of whey protein is animal. Hemp protein has a high rate of fat but its biological value is low, on the other hand, whey protein has less fat but its biological value is high.
Hemp protein is a plant protein that comes from hemp seeds. It is a great supplement of milk for people with lactose intolerance. It contains many healthy nutrients such as fibre, fat, Omega 3 fatty acids and much more.
Although the quantity of consumption should be limited because the fat present in it can increase weight shortly.
Whey protein is an animal protein that gets collected from cow’s milk. This protein is filled with nutritious elements but it is not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant. For maintaining the muscles toned body this protein is perfect.
It can burn body fat but it is not fully natural as many additive elements get mixed.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hemp Protein||Whey Protein|
|Source||This protein is plant-based.||This protein is animal-based.|
|Available protein amount||It contains 50% protein.||It contains 99% protein.|
|Sustainability||As it is from plants, it is environment friendly.||This comes from animals so it is less environment friendly.|
|Amount of fat||A higher amount of protein is found in it.||Less amount protein is found in it.|
|Biological value||It has a lower biological value.||Comparatively, it has a higher biological value.|
|Effect on body weight||Being rich in calories and fat this protein leads to weight gain.||This protein burns fat and is also able to maintain muscles.|
|Lactose Intolerance||People with lactose intolerance can consume this protein.||People with lactose intolerance should avoid consuming this protein.|
What is Hemp Protein?
Hemp is a type of protein powder that gets used as a protein supplement. The source of this protein is plant-based. It is the extraction of hemp seeds. It is natural and no chemical additives get mixed.
Being free from additives, it is easy to digest. People with lactose intolerance can consume this protein without facing any digestive issues and fulfil their required protein intake.
Among vegans, hemp protein has become very popular due to its environment-friendly trait.
This plant protein is very nutritious, several nutrients are present in it. All the 9 essential amino acids can be found in this protein. Iron, fibre, fat, vitamin E, zinc, magnesium and calcium are available in hemp protein.
Omega 3 fatty acids are also present in it which is beneficial for our heart’s health.
However, all its qualities are not good, the immense amount of fat present in it can be the reason for weight gain. So the amount consumed should be limited and the calory intake must not exceed the recommended amount.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey comes from animal sources. It is derived from animal milk. It contains all the 9 essential amino acids. This protein can help in the growth of the body and build immunity. The muscle of the body can be protected by consuming this type of protein.
But people with lactose intolerance must avoid whey powder as the amount of lactose in it is not little.
Whey is not 100% natural. Many other elements get mixed with it and as it is very popular among the mass, often artificial flavours get added to it with the purpose of providing variety.
Main Differences Between Hemp Protein and Whey Protein
- Hemp protein is a plant-based protein that gets derived from hemp plants and seeds of the Cannabis sativa plant. On the other side, whey protein is animal-based and its main source is the milk of the cow.
- When it comes to the amount of protein, hemp contains 50% protein and whey consists of 99% protein.
- The amount of fat is high in hemp protein and comparatively, whey protein contains less fat.
- As hemp protein contains a high amount of fat, the consumer will gain weight rapidly. On the contrary, whey protein can burn body fat and tone the muscles of the body.
- If a person is lactose intolerant, then he/she can have hemp protein without any issues. But whey protein can not be digested by them.
- Hemp protein comes from plants and thus it can get acknowledged as environment friendly, however, whey protein derived from animals can not be asserted as environment friendly.
- No additive is bestowed in hemp protein and therefore it is completely natural but in whey protein, hexane and artificial flavours get added making it not 100% natural.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️