Many people have a different perception regarding the internet of things and cloud computing. Some people think these terms are related to each other.
Here we are giving all the information about these two trending technologies. There is also a relationship that exists between them, which we’ll also discuss in these articles.
- Internet of Things (IoT) refers to interconnected devices that communicate and exchange data, while cloud computing enables data storage and processing on remote servers.
- IoT focuses on collecting and sharing data from various devices, whereas cloud computing emphasizes scalable computing resources and services.
- Cloud computing can support IoT infrastructure by providing storage and processing capabilities for the vast amounts of data generated by IoT devices.
Internet Of Things vs Cloud Computing
IoT is a field focused on the interconnection of various physical devices, vehicles, buildings, etc. embedded with electronics, sensors, software, and network connectivity. Cloud computing is the delivery of computing services over the internet. Services include storage, computing power etc.
The Start of the Internet Of Things is to transform how people live their lives but all convenience and increased efficiency come at a cost.
It connects all the surrounding devices such as sensors and actuators to communicate with each other. Sensors sense activities and actuators respond to that senses activities.
IT infrastructure, organizations, and startups need time and budget to scale their works. And scaling all these business ed requires most times.
Cloud computing was the optimum solution for the issue. Services of Cloud computing consist of virtual data centers which provide hardware, software, and all required.
|Parameters of Comparison||Internet of Things||Cloud Computing.|
|The connectivity||IoT uses the internet as a point of convergence.||Cloud Computing uses the internet for delivering services.|
|Characteristics||IoT is pervasive. These are real-world objects||Cloud is ubiquitous. These are virtual resources.|
|Processing Capabilities||Computational capabilities are limited.||Computational capabilities are virtually unlimited.|
|Big data||It is a source of big data.||It manages the big data.|
What is the Internet Of Things?
Over the past few years, IoT has become one of the most trending and important technologies in the world. And now we can connect to daily objects such as cars, kitchen appliances, Mobile phones, baby monitors, and many more.
We can observe that seamless communication is possible between people, processes, and things. By minimal human intervention, things work with data, such as sharing and collecting the full source data.
We are living in a hyperconnected world, and in that world, digital systems are being the crucial part that does many jobs such as record, monitoring, and adjusting the interaction between all connected things.
Co-operative work is done by merging the physical world and the digital world.
So basically, the internet of things is simply describing the network of physical things that are covered with sensors, actuators, and other technologies that deliver the job of data like exchanging and connecting data with other devices and systems over the internet.
These devices range from household objects to sophisticated industrial tools. More than 7-8 billion IoT Devices are connected all over the world and are increasing rapidly.
All these positive benefits and practical technologies have made IoT technologies possible.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing technologies are easy to understand.
The simple job is done by delivering the computing services, which include services, databases, storage, networking, software, the cloud, and many more offer faster innovation flexible resources.
Cloud computing delivers IT resources over the internet. Cloud computing made access to all technologies services no need to buy and maintain physical data centers and servers.
We know that the world is connected with digital systems.
And the consumption of data is increasing day by day, so for backup, the data for analyzing big data and for all other works like disaster recovery, software development, and many types of work are done by these technologies that are why uses of Cloud computing are increasing rapidly in every organization or industry.
Many benefits of cloud computing are there, such as Agility – you can innovate faster and build anything of what you imagine. Elasticity, Cost savings, Deploy globally in the world.
Cloud computing is categorized into three main types that include infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Software as a Service. IaaS is the basic building block for cloud IT.
It provides access to networking features and data storage spaces.
Main Differences Between Internet Of Things And Cloud computing
- Internet of things is capable of exchanging data over a network. It is a network of interconnected devices, whereas cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources.
- The main purpose of the internet of things is to create an ecosystem to give the ability for sensing, controlling, and communication, whereas the purpose of cloud computing is to provide access to large amounts of computing power virtually.
- Internet of things plays a vital role in generating massive amounts of data, whereas Cloud computing is a way to store IoT data and provides tools to create IoT applications.
- The internet of things is real-world objects, whereas Cloud computing is virtual resources.
- Internet of things uses the internet as a point of convergence, whereas cloud computing uses the internet for delivering services over the cloud and other platforms.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.