- Lip gloss is a shiny product that adds shine and dimension to the lips.
- The lip tint is a sheer and lightweight product that adds a natural-looking flush of color to the lips.
- Lip gloss is thicker and more sticky than a lip tint.
What is Lip Gloss?
In the world of beauty and skincare, several products help you uplift the natural form of a person. A lip gloss is one such beauty product for enhancing a person’s lips with a certain technique.
A beauty product for lips that gives them a luster and shine is known as lip gloss. A lip gloss has a gel-like texture or a soft solid texture. It is extremely easy to apply. The first lip gloss was invented in the year 1930 by Max Factor. The main reason behind inventing lip gloss was to enhance actresses’ looks, mostly because of their work in black and white films.
Later on, in the 1970s, flavored lip gloss was brought into the market. They had various fruit flavors and fragrances. Prominently, there are four types of lip gloss, flavored, non-flavored, coloured, and without colour.
A lip gloss adds glitter, shine, and sometimes colour as well to the lips. If you are wearing matte lipstick a lip gloss comes in handy as it provides the required moisture.
Lip gloss comes in a cylindrical tube with an application wand. Nowadays, lip gloss is available with tubes that have a mouth for convenience. Coloured lip gloss can be applied without applying lipstick first.
No products found.
What is Lip Tint?
A lip tint, as the name suggests, is a lip product used to give lips a subtle colour which is often not possible with lipstick. They give colour to your lips with minimum texture and coverage.
Lip tints are claimed to be the most long-lasting lip products as compared to any other lip products. They do not offer a glow to the lips as they have a matte finish. Their main purpose is to give colour to the lips by providing lightness, as applying lipstick can sometimes feel heavier on the lips. Some lip tints also give a sheer finish to the lips.
Many people avoid using lip tints in winter as they don’t moisturize the lips. Lip tints, also known as lip stains, leave a coloured stain on the lips. Many lip tints have a thinner texture which is almost watery.
There are peel-off lip tints in the market as well, which you are supposed to apply, and once it is dried, you are supposed to peel it off from the lips like peel-off face masks. Lip tints come in similar packaging as lip gloss and lip balms.
No products found.
Difference Between Lip Gloss and Lip Tint
- Lip gloss has a thicker texture, on the other hand, lip tints have a thinner texture.
- Lip gloss adds moisture to the lips, on the other hand, lip tints are often found less hydrating.
- Lip gloss gives an artificial look to the lips, on the other hand, lip tints give a natural look to the lips.
- Lip gloss closely resembles lipsticks, and on the other hand, lip tints closely resemble lip balms and lipsticks.
- The size-wise appearance of lips after applying lip gloss is bigger than that of lips after applying lip tints.
- Lip gloss enhances the shine and luster of the lips, on the other hand, lip tints enhance the colour of the lips.
Comparison Between Lip Gloss and Lip Tint
|Parameters Of Comparison||Lip Gloss||Lip Tint|
|Smudge||Difficult to smudge||Easy to smudge|
|Effect||Gradient, ombre||Lustrous, shiny|
|Reapplication||Requires less reapplication||Requires reapplication frequently|
|Pigmentation||Offers more pigmentation||Often lesser pigmentation|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.