Commercial vehicles have an important place in every field. Trucks are one of the most important parts of a commercial vehicle. Mack Trucks and Kenworth Trucks are the two leading producers of commercial vehicles such as trucks.
Mack Trucks was established in 1900 in Brooklyn, New York; it was initially used to manufacture buses and trolleys. Kenworth Trucks was established in 1923 as a heavy-duty and medium-duty automobile manufacturer in the Seattle suburbs.
- Mack Trucks and Kenworth are two leading manufacturers of heavy-duty trucks that differ in various aspects, including price, design, and features.
- While Mack Trucks are known for their durability and excellent off-road capabilities, Kenworth trucks are praised for their spacious and comfortable cabins.
- Ultimately, the choice between the two brands depends on the intended use, budget, and personal preferences.
Mack Trucks vs Kenworth
Mack Trucks was founded in 1900. They are primarily used for heavy-duty applications such as construction, mining, and long-haul transportation. Kenworth was founded in 1923. They are primarily used for long-haul transportation and for vocational applications such as construction, logging, and oilfield work.
Mack Trucks is a subsidiary of AB Volvo that purchased it in 2000 along with Renault Trucks; it produces all its products in Lower Macungie, Pennsylvania and Salem, Virginia.
|Parameter of Comparison||Mack Trucks||Kenworth Trucks|
|What it refers to?||Mack Trucks is an American company that manufactures trucks in the ongoing time. However, it is also a former manufacturer of trolleys and buses.||Kenworth is also an American company that masters manufacturing heavy-duty and medium-duty vehicles for commercial purposes.|
|Founding year and place||The company was established as the Mack Brothers Company in 1900 in Brooklyn, New York; it was later renamed Mack Trucks and shifted its headquarters to Greensboro, North Carolina, US.||Kenworth Trucks was founded in 1923 in Kirkland, Seattle Suburb, Washington, U.S.|
|Trademark or logo||The trademark of Mack Trucks is the bulldog; every product of the company has its bulldog trademark on the front panel. This logo was first used in 1921.||The logo of Kenworth trucks has the KW emblem on the left and smaller side of the logo bar and has the name Kenworth on the right side of the same bar.|
|Currently manufactured models||The company manufactures its trucks according to the different terrains. It manufactures Granite Dump Trucks, Pinnacle Semi Tractors, TerraPro LE Refuse Trucks, etc., for North America. For Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, it manufactures Metro-liner, Super-Liner, Titan, Trident Axle Forward, Trident Axle Back, etc.||Kenworth also manufactures its products according to the terrain. For North America, it manufactures W990, W900, T880, T800, C500, K270/370, etc. Models for Australia are T600, T601, T650, T400, T401, 404S, K104, C510, C540, etc.|
|Mack vs Kenworth||Mack Trucks took the lead because it manufactures everything in the home.||Kenworth takes the lead when it comes to mileage and performance. It also provides a much better service.|
What is Mack Trucks?
In 1900, John Mack initially established a plant for bus manufacturing. Then, in 1902, he started The Mack Brothers Company in New York along with William Mack. The company manufactured its first truck in 1907. Later, in 1922, the company adopted its present name Mack Trucks.
AB Volvo acquired the Mack Trucks in 2000 along with Renault Trucks. The headquarters of Mack Trucks is based in Greensboro, North Carolina, US. The logo on Mack Truck is the bulldog, and each product has this trademark on the front panel.
All the products of Mack Trucks are made in Lower Macungie, Pennsylvania and Salem, Virginia. However, they have some assembly plants in Australia, Venezuela, California and Canada.
The company manufactures products considering the different terrains found across the globe. Therefore, they have different models for every place. Mack Trucks is a company that designs and manufactures everything they require in the truck-making process.
What is Kenworth Trucks?
In 1923, Gersix company was incorporated as Kenworth Trucks by combining a few letters of the name of two partners. The company also started making custom vehicles as per the customers. It specializes in making heavy-duty and medium-duty vehicles.
Since 1945, Kenworth Trucks has been a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR. The headquarters of Kenworth Trucks is in Kirkland, Seattle suburb, Washington, US. The logo of the company has a KW emblem with the name Kenworth.
The company manufactures products according to the terrain. Their products lead in mileage and overall performance and have an unbeatable service.
Main Differences Between Mack Trucks and Kenworth Trucks
- Mack Trucks and Kenworth Trucks are American companies that manufacture heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
- Mack Trucks was founded in 1900, whereas Kenworth Trucks was founded in 1923.
- The headquarters of Mack Trucks is in Greensboro, North Carolina, US, whereas the headquarters of Kenworth Trucks is in Kirkland, Washington, US.
- Mack Trucks is a subsidiary of AB Volvo, and Kenworth Trucks is a subsidiary of PACCAR.
- The trademark or logo of Mack Trucks is the bulldog that is etched on the front panel of each of their products; the logo of Kenworth Trucks has a KW emblem with the name Kenworth mentioned.
- Mack Trucks and Kenworth Trucks manufacture their products according to different terrains; therefore, each country has a different range of vehicles.
- Mack Trucks take the lead in manufacturing parts since they manufacture everything at home.
- Kenworth manufactures parts that are specially designed to perform together efficiently.
- In terms of mileage and overall performance, Kenworth trucks prove more efficient.
- When any service is required, Kenworth trucks have a commendable service over Mack Trucks.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.