Music is something that everyone enjoys listening to. People have a different preference for their audio equipment. Bose is one of the leading companies when it comes to selecting audio equipment. Although, Bose is the latest entrant to the market of home speakers.
With the launch of Home Speaker 300 and 500, the company took a lead over others. The two home speakers have different specifications and performance. Understanding their features is necessary before buying any of them.
Bose Speaker 300 vs 500
The difference between Bose Home Speaker 300 and Bose Home Speaker 500 is that of the design, sound quality, performance, smart assistants. Bose Speaker 300 is a 120-watt speaker with six microphones and voice assistants, it has power input with an AUX input, on the other hand. Bose Speaker 500 is a 156 watts speaker with eight microphones and voice assistants, it also has power and AUX inputs.
|Parameter of Comparison||Bose Home Speaker 300||Bose Home Speaker 500|
|Dimensions and weight||The dimensions of bose speaker 300 are 4.02L, 5.59W and 6.34 H inches, its weight is 2.1 lbs.||Bose speaker 500 is bigger than Bose 300. Its dimensions in inches are 4.31L, 6.68W and 8.01H, it weight approx 5 lbs.|
|Material used in making||Bose home speaker 300 is made from anodized aluminum grille which is touch sensitive at the top where all the controls are provided.||Bose home speaker 500 is made of seamless aluminum grille with a touch sensitive top with the control panels.|
|Microphones and voice assistance||Bose home speaker 300 has an array of six microphones with voice pick up built at the top of the speaker, Alexa and Google voice assistance are enabled in the speaker.||Bose speaker 500 has an array of eight microphones with voice pick up built at the top, Alexa and Google Assistants are enabled in the speaker.|
|Connectivity and input||Bose speaker 300 connects using bluetooth version 4.2 with a range of up to 30 ft or 9 meters. Speaker 300 has power and AUX inputs.||This speaker also has the same bluetooth with the same range of 30 ft. Speaker 500 also has power and AUX inputs.|
|Other features||Speaker 300 can produce a maximum of 120 watts, it does not have a battery, thus, it needs to be plugged in, it is available in triple black and luxe silver colors.||Speaker 500 can produce up to 156 watts, it also lacks a battery, uses bose music app, available in triple black and luxe silver colors.|
What is Bose 300?
Bose home speaker is a speaker with rocking bass and lifelong sound quality in a small size.
It is enabled with voice assistants like Alexa and Google assistant where one can do whatever he wants with just a voice command. Apart from music, one can opt to listen to weather updates and headlines.
It comes with six microphones to boost sound quality. It lacks a battery, this to use it one has to plug it in. It can be connected using bluetooth.
Bose 300 is available in a lower price range and in two colors, namely, triple black and luxe silver.
What is Bose 500?
Bose speaker 500 is a speaker with LCD screen for displaying information. It has a stereo sound with acoustic performances. It is also enabled with the same voice assistants.
It comes with eight microphones to boost sound quality. It also lacks a battery, this to use it one has to plug it in. It can be connected using bluetooth.
Bose 500 is available in a slight upper price range and in two colors, namely, triple black and luxe silver.
Main Differences Between Bose Home Speaker 300 and 500
- Bose home speakers are available in various versions with different features, the two of them are Bose home speaker 300 and bose home speaker 500.
- Bose speaker 300 is made from anodized aluminum grille, on the other hand, speaker 500 is made from seamless aluminum grille.
- Both the speakers are touch sensitive at the top where the control panel is provided.
- Speaker 500 also has a screen to display information on it.
- Both speakers use Bose music app.
- The two speakers have following buttons- touch controls, microphone on and off, voice action button, volume button, play and pause button and six preset buttons.
- Bose speaker 300 weighs 2.1 lbs whereas bose speaker 500 weighs 4.75 lbs.
- Bose home speaker 300 has six microphones, on the other hand, bose speaker 500 has eight speakers.
- Both the speakers have an array of microphones with voice pick up at the top of the speaker.
- Speaker 300 and speaker 500 both are enabled with Alexa and google voice assistants.
- Bose speaker 300 and speaker 500 uses blue tooth version 4.2 and have a range of up to 30 ft or 9 meters.
- Both the speakers have power input and AUX input.
- Bose speaker 300 can produce a maximum of 120 watts, on the other hand, bose speaker 500 can produce up to 156 watts.
- Both the speakers lack a battery and therefore it is required that they are plugged in.
- Bose speaker 300 and speaker 500 are available in two colors, namely, triple black and luxe silver.
- Bose speaker 300 is available in a lower range as compared to Bose 500.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
I am Sandeep Bhandari; I have 20 years of experience in the technology field. I have various technical skills and knowledge in database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about me on my bio page.