As technology rises worldwide, it comes with very dangerous malware and viruses. This malware enters the system and corrupts it without you even noticing.
Another fact came recently: Dark Web has several interesting things to attract cybercriminals, like phishing kits. These kits are designed for cyber attack purposes.
As more advanced sinister activities are coming, protecting your systems and safeguarding your data becomes necessary. The next victim can be anyone. Various antivirus software in the market is not enough for these purposes.
You should get a premium that guarantees the proper protection that your data deserve. NOD32 and Malwarebytes are two such providers.
- Nod32 is an antivirus software that protects a wide range of malware, while Malwarebytes is software that specializes in detecting and removing malware.
- Nod32 uses signature-based detection to identify known threats, while Malwarebytes uses behavior-based detection to identify new and emerging threats.
- Nod32 is better suited for real-time protection against malware, while Malwarebytes is more effective at removing existing malware from a system.
NOD32 vs Malwarebytes
NOD32 and Malwarebytes are two distinct antivirus software applications, with NOD32 focusing on proactive detection and elimination of threats, whereas Malwarebytes prioritizes the removal of existing malware.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameter of Comparison||NOD32||Malwarebytes|
|Tools and Features||The features and tools provided by NOD32 are incomparable. It offers tools like website shield, exploits blocker, game mode, etc. These features are more advanced as compared to Malwarebytes.||The free version of Malwarebytes has only basic features. However, the premium version has amazing features like a top-drawer firewall, a Remediation tool, and scheduled scans.|
|Malware Protection||NOD32 has an impressive protection strategy, which is fine enough to protect the system.||Malwarebytes is also not behind NOD32 in the case of protection. According to the Protection Test of AV-TEST.org, Malwarebytes scored 4 out of 6.|
|System Performance||The system shows extraordinary performance and high compatibility with NOD32, better than Malwarebytes.||Malwarebytes shows good signs on this point too. The systems do not show any unwanted misbehaviour while using it. However, performance is not the best.|
|Ease of Use||NOD32 provides a fairly user-friendly interface. The design is simple and uncluttered.||Malwarebytes interface uses a simple design and is easy for seasoned and light users to navigate.|
|Services||NOD32 charges a considerable amount for its single service. In contrast, for the premium services, it charges a higher amount and the fact is that once bought, the service applies only to a single device.||Compared to NOD32, Malwarebytes offer the same service to a single device with the same amount. Still, in the premium service, Malwarebytes provides usage on up to 10 devices which is better for families.|
What is NOD32?
NOD32 is an antivirus software provided by the Slovak company ESET. It is sold in two editions: Business edition and Home edition. It has an amazing list of features like server deployment, management strategy, and database updates.
It safeguards the system from any foreign elements and threats.
It runs smoothly on Microsoft Windows Operating System, macOS, Linux Operating system, and Android. The size of the software is 103 MB.
It has some amazing tools, like a Website shield which protects sensitive data when you shop online. It also has the facility of Cloud-Powered Scanning that speeds up the system scans. It does it by whitelisting safe files.
What is Malwarebytes?
Malwarebytes is an anti-malware software compatible with macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS. It was created by Malwarebytes Corporation back in 2006. It comes with two types of premiums with an affordable price range.
The Home edition of this software lets its users protect ten devices for a small amount, which is unbelievable with its set of features.
It has a top-drawer firewall that offers complete protection for your devices. Another outstanding it provides is complete identity protection keeping your identity and data safe from hackers. It also has scheduled scans for an updated system.
It is a full pack for family plans that are pretty affordable with an extraordinary set of tools.
Main Differences Between NOD32 and Malwarebytes
- NOD32 has a higher range of features and tools available for its users to protect the system from malware. However, Malwarebytes is not much behind in terms of features, but NOD32 is the winner.
- When we talk about the security or protection task, which is the core purpose of these service providers, NOD32 has an extensive set of programs to do so. On the other hand, Malwarebytes also has some unique options that protect your data from any threat.
- NOD32, when running on a system, does not create any hindrance. The system performance for NOD32 is pretty amazing. On the other hand, Malwarebytes does not disappoint, but if we compare the two, NOD32 is the winner for system compatibility.
- NOD32 and Malwarebytes have very different interfaces but have a very simple and user-friendly environment. However, the overall design for both is very different.
- The thing is that both provide the same services: the basic version and the premium version. The pricing is the same in the case of Malwarebytes, but Malwarebytes provides 10 devices with that price in the case of Premium service, whereas NOD32 facilitates just one. This makes Malwarebytes more affordable than NOD32.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.