ESET Nod32 and Avast are the world’s two most popular antivirus virus software packages. Both these anti-virus software company provides security to your computer or any other devices. Since both provide the same kind of services, there are certain differences between the two.
- Nod32 is an antivirus program that uses a signature database to detect and remove malware.
- Avast is also an antivirus program, offering additional features like a VPN, password manager, and parental controls.
- Nod32 is a lightweight option better suited for older computers, while Avast offers more comprehensive Protection for newer systems.
Nod32 vs Avast
Nod32 is a fast and efficient antivirus program that uses advanced heuristics to detect and block malware in real-time. Avast offers a range of antivirus and security tools, including antivirus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, and anti-rootkit protection, and is known for its user-friendly interface.
However, there are some parameters where you can find some differences. In some cases, the Nod32 antivirus is ahead and in some, the Avast antivirus. But the question arises which software do I use for securing my computer?
|Parameters Of Comparison||Nod32||Avast|
|Antivirus and Antispyware||Yes||Yes|
|Banking and Payment Protection||Yes||Yes|
|Automatic app update||No||Yes|
What is Nod32?
The ESET Nod32 is an antivirus software commonly known as NOD32. Slovakian company ESET has developed the Nod32, which comes in two editions for its buyers. One comes in Home Edition and the other in Business Edition.
The ESET Nod32 will give its users the package to protect them from all types of attacks, be it malware problems or spyware. Nod32 offers great protection against cyber crimes.
The simple and user-friendly interface of the software provides an effective solution and maintains balance in the system.
The Nod32 boasts about its multi-protection, and you can get it for the best of your devices, such as Windows, Android, and MAC. Nod32 ensures that there is no misconduct with your private data or when you are making an important banking transaction through the Internet.
The availability of webcam protection in Nod32 does not allow any cyberattacks and ensures that everything you perform is done safely. It removes all possible vulnerabilities and keeps you free from cyber attacks.
Nod32 offers its users a free 30-day trial in the beginning. If you want, you can skip the free trial and purchase the premium subscription. Nod32 offers two editions: Home Edition and Business Edition.
If you are looking for an anti-virus that provides basic security, then the Home Edition might be the right choice. But, if you are into Business Models, purchasing a Business Edition is better.
What is Avast?
Avast Internet Security is among the oldest and most trusted anti-virus software companies. The Avast security package blocks the attackers via Firewall and has ended malicious conduct since 1995.
Avast has brought out many changes in the last few years, including the ‘Protection from Ransomware’ feature. Protection from Ransomware means backing up your data. Avast, too, stops any cyber attacks from happening, similar to Nod32.
Avast has brought out several other features which make it more reliable and suitable for users all around the globe. Avast is updated automatically over time, ensuring its users have maximum protection.
Avast ropes in two other suites, which include ‘Ultimate’ and ‘Premier’. Now, users subscribed to Avast packages can use the VPN service and monitor their passwords’ illegal use.
The Password Premium suite helps you do that and updates the users whenever a password is exposed.
Avast Internet Security offers its users a free 30-day trial, but it is beneficial for you to update to their premium version. You can get the 30-day free trial if you sign up for the Windows Premium version.
Main Differences Between Nod32 and Avast
- Avast provides many more security-enhancing features and utilities than the Nod32 antivirus. This improvement made by Avast is an advantage for its users as it increases reliability.
- Both Nod32 and Avast tend to increase the performance of your system. However, regarding Malware protection, Avast anti-virus is slightly ahead of Nod32.
- Nod32 comes in two different editions and allows users to choose the most suitable between the two, whereas Avast does not have any editions.
- Nod32 is much cheaper than Avast and provides better customer service to its users, while Avast lacks behind in these criteria.
- The major difference between the two is their reliability score because Nod32 is a bit slow performer compared to Avast and is much less flexible than Nod32.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.