Virtual Private Network (VPN) establishes its connection from a private network across a public network to share data from public networks or shared networks.
It came into existence for business purposes to access work information while at home, home PC to office server connect.
VPN is a fabulous networking technology that creates a secure connection to another network through the internet. Any application running on the systems which are connected through VPN is secured and also benefits from security management.
There are many region-restricted websites, and VPNs can allow people to access those websites in the same restricted zone. VPNs have been top-rated in recent times.
There are many VPN service providers available in the world. They range from high-speed connections to low cost.
The commercial VPN networks are many; NordVPN and PureVPN have a better outlook from the customers. Though both VPN service providers have many similarities, there are a few differences too.
- NordVPN is known for its strong privacy and security features, while PureVPN offers more server locations and device compatibility.
- NordVPN is based in Panama, a privacy-friendly jurisdiction, while PureVPN is headquartered in Hong Kong, facing recent privacy concerns.
- NordVPN provides a user-friendly interface and better customer support, whereas PureVPN has a more complex interface and less responsive support.
NordVPN vs PureVPN
The difference between NordVPN and PureVPN is that Nord VPN and PureVPN offer military-grade AES – 256-bit encryption to protect their connection, but Pure VPN lacks IPSec and SSTP protocols that Nord VPN provides, making it more secure than the latter.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameter of Comparison||NordVPN||PureVPN|
|Security Management||NordVPN is considered more secure for its SSTP Protocols along with military-grade AES – 256-bit encryption.||Pure VPN lacks SSTP and IPSec protocols in its connection, thereby being less secure than NordVPN.|
|Server Count||NordVPN has a whopping 5600 and above servers across the world.||PureVPN has 2000 and above servers across the world.|
|Locations||NordVPN, though having more servers than PureVPN, they are located in 60 countries only.||PureVPN connects more than 140 countries worldwide.|
|Simultaneous Connections offered||NordVPN offers up to 6 simultaneous connections||PureVPN offers up to 5 links.|
|Split Tunnelling||NordVPN does not have that feature||PureVPNs main selling point is Split Tunnelling.|
What is NordVPN?
NordVPN is a VPN service provider for personal use. NordVPN has excellent desktop applications for Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android as well.
NordVPN was established in the year 2012 in Panama. It initially began operations for Windows, but by 2016, an android and Mac app was developed.
NordVPN has a mammoth of 5200 servers and more across the world. They have server locations in more than 60 countries. The VPN is named for its security management.
They have also incorporated military-grade – AES 256-bit encryption with SSTP and IPSec protocols for added security.
NordVPN is banned in Russia because of not complying with the country’s rules and regulations.
NordVPN service runs a remote server where the users’ internet traffic is routed, thereby protecting their IP from exposure. Encrypted proxy extensions are available in Google Chrome and Firefox browsers.
NordVPN is named for its security features and has a wide range of customers worldwide. NordVPN offers six simultaneous private connections at a time.
The best feature of NordVPN is the kill switch; it terminates the internet connection if the internet drops. The NordVPN functions as a double VPN, adding more user security.
What is PureVPN?
PureVPN is a commercial Virtual Private Network service founded in the year 2007. The company is located in Hong Kong.
PureVPN is considered versatile for its operations; it allows the user to select from the available options. The options are Stream, Internet Freedom, Security/Privacy, and File Sharing.
Once the option is selected, the connections will be routed to the respective servers for their functionality. PureVPNs have a whopping 2000 servers across the world.
PureVPN is well known for its wide world connection. The servers are located in more than 140 countries.
PureVPN is owned by the parent company, GZ systems limited, a software company. The primary tasks for GZ systems are to make android app games.
The customized routing options of internet traffic make PureVPN more conducive for its speeds. But it has had usability issues lately.
It is well-known that PureVPN offered the FBI valuable information and got the man behind cyberstalking. PureVPN has its issues with the speed as such; it has variable rates that are not getting good reviews from its users.
It is also well known that blocks from certain websites are also not wholly overcome. The problem with streaming on Netflix is still existing.
Main Differences Between NordVPN and PureVPN
- Both these VPN service providers are named for their quality and security, but a few differences make people opt for one over the other. The main difference between NordVPN and PureVPN is that NordVPN has a better security feature than Pure VPN. The former has SSTP and IPSec protocols offering double protection, whereas the latter lacks the same.
- NordVPN has server locations limited to 60 countries, while PureVPN has server locations almost all over the world, whopping 140 plus countries.
- The number of servers that the VPN service provider has also given clarity on the service. NordVPN has more than 5200 servers, while Pure VPN has 2000 servers across the world.
- NordVPN has streamlined price plans when compared to Pure VPN. The pricing factor for Nord VPN is less when compared to Pure VPN. More importantly, the money-back guarantee differs from each other; Nord VPN offers 30 days of money back while Pure VPN offers seven days.
- The difference comes from the ease of use now; as such, Nord VPN does not have streaming issues, and the quality of the connection is pretty good while Pure VPN has speed issues, which may be erratic at times. The factor of Netflix streaming without disturbance is still a dream.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.