In this modern world of technology, the medical field has taken leaps, if not attained summits. Still, obesity and being overweight cause millions of death across the world. Around 340 million are obese worldwide.
A shocking fact is that obesity or being overweight is linked to more deaths than underweight! More people die because they eat too much than those who don’t get enough, do not think about that.
Phentermine and phentramine are two appetite-reducing drugs that are used to deal with obesity on a short-term basis.
- Phentermine and Phentramine are both appetite suppressants used to treat obesity, but they have different chemical compositions.
- While Phentermine is a prescription drug, Phentermine is available over the counter and is marketed as a natural alternative to Phentermine.
- Phentramine may be less effective than Phentermine in reducing weight and have more side effects.
Phentermine vs Phentramine
Phentermine is a prescription medication approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for short-term weight loss treatment. It is a sympathomimetic amine that works by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolism. Phentramine is an over-the-counter weight loss supplement marketed as a natural alternative to prescription weight loss medications like Phentermine.
|Parameter of Comparison||Phentermine||Phentramine|
|Type of drug||Prescription drug||Pharmaceutical grade drug|
|What is it used for||Dealing with obesity||Dealing with obesity|
|Active Ingredients||Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCL)||Phenylethylamine HCL, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine HCL, Methylphenylethylamine Tartrate, Methylsynephrine HCL, N-Methyl-phenylethylamine HCL, Synephrine HCL, Theobromine Anhydrous, Yohimbine HCL, Caffeine (Anhydrous)|
|Inhibiting action||Appetite suppressing||Appetite supressing|
|Available without prescription||No||Yes|
|Addictive||No||Maybe (not proven)|
What is Phentermine?
Phentermine is a short-term weight loss drug, and it is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the United States of America.
It is used to treat excessively obese patients and transition to healthy lifestyle choices such as proper exercise and a nutritious diet. It can also be called an appetite-suppressing drug.
It is supposed to reduce an individual’s appetite, and it does so by affecting the central nervous system. The active ingredient in phentermine is Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCL)
The hypothalamus gland of the brain controls a person’s body temperature, sleep cycles, and appetite; thus, when phentermine is taken, it stimulates the gland and reduces one’s appetite.
Studies have shown that phentermine has been effective in placebo-controlled trials. The bottom line is that Phentermine is a drug and should be the last option for an obese person.
If the situation is very bad and they can’t go on without immediate intervention, their doctor might prescribe phentermine. Phentermine cannot be bought at medical stores without a prescription, and one should not try to take it without a prescription.
Side effects of phentermine include insomnia, depression, anxiety, swelling in the legs, chest pain, increased blood pressure, headaches, and others.
What is Phentramine?
Phentramine is a pharmaceutical drug graded at the pharmaceutical level. It does not need to be prescribed and supposedly has natural ingredients. Phentramine works by suppressing one’s appetite, increasing energy levels, and boosting the calorie-burning procedure.
It also helps keep one’s blood sugar levels in check. Phentramine can be taken by those wanting to reduce weight and live a healthier life. People using phentramine may be suffering from obesity or may be overweight.
Obesity and overweight are related to cardiovascular diseases, breathing problems, and diabetes. Phentramine acts as a drug that helps with weight loss. Pharmaceutical companies sell it as a dietary supplement. You can buy bottles of 30-60 pills.
The active ingredients in Phentramine are Phenylethylamine HCL, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine HCL, Methylphenylethylamine Tartrate, Methylsynephrine HCL, N-Methyl-phenylethylamine HCL, Synephrine HCL, Theobromine Anhydrous, Yohimbine HCL, Caffeine (Anhydrous).
It works on similar lines to Phentermine, but it has different ingredients. These ingredients are capable of increasing metabolism and favouring thermogenesis. Thermogenesis is the body’s heat-producing process, a way to release energy and thus reduce weight.
Even though Phentramine is not a prescription pill, you should check with your doctor before taking it. If you have any previous conditions, it is best to go to your doctor so that he/she can clear any contradictions.
Phentramine might also have possible effects such as insomnia, anxiety, vertigo, shaking, headaches, nausea and vomiting, frequent urination, tinnitus, etc. No study has proven these side effects, though they are theoretical.
Main Differences Between Phentermine and Phentramine
- Phentermine is an FDA-approved drug. On the other hand, Phentramine is a pharmaceutical drug.
- Phentermine is a prescription drug; you cannot buy it without a doctor’s permission. On the other hand, Phentramine is a pharmaceutical-grade drug; you can buy it without a doctor’s prescription.
- Phentermine has only one ingredient, Phentermine Hydrochloride (HCL). On the other hand, Phentramine has an array of active ingredients, namely phenylethylamine HCL, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine HCL, Methylphenylethylamine Tartrate, Methylsynephrine HCL, N-Methyl-phenylethylamine HCL, Synephrine HCL, Theobromine Anhydrous, Yohimbine HCL, Caffeine (Anhydrous)
- Phentermine is proven effective in having a positive effect on patients. On the other hand, no studies have proven the effectiveness of Phentramine, although it is claimed to have similar effects as Phentermine.
- Phentermine works by stimulating the brain’s hypothalamus gland, which is responsible for body temperature, sleep, and a person’s appetite. On the other hand, Phentramine works by boosting the metabolism rate and boosting thermogenesis in a person’s body.
- Phentermine is not addictive. On the other hand, Phentramine might be addictive.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.