“How does one control weight? By not overeating. How does one stay in shape? One plays sports. There are no magic pills here.”
This is a quote by Vladimir Putin and, to an extent, is also right. Of course, everyone’s body and their way of life are different, and sometimes it is necessary for people to take these “magic pills.”
Adipex and Phentermine are a type of these pills that doctors officially prescribe for people who want to lose weight.
Though, the prescription is dependent from client to client and how they and the professional want to solve their problem. They should be taken while having a regular balanced diet and regular exercise.
- Adipex and Phentermine are prescription medications used for weight loss, but Adipex is a brand name, while Phentermine is a generic drug.
- Adipex and Phentermine work by suppressing appetite and increasing metabolism, but they may have different side effects and dosages.
- It is important to consult a healthcare professional before taking Adipex or Phentermine, as they may only suit some.
Adipex vs Phentermine
Adipex is a brand-name medication containing the active ingredient Phentermine hydrochloride. Phentermine, a prescription medication used for weight loss, belongs to a class of drugs called anorectics or appetite suppressants, and it works by suppressing appetite and increasing energy levels.
Adipex is a drug that helps in lessening a person’s appetite, which in turn makes the person. It is an anorectic that is used to metabolize fat in the body.
The medicine should not be taken under people who are sixteen, pregnant adults, or suffer from hypertension and other heart problems. It uses Phentermine as an active ingredient but has some other inactive ingredients as well.
Phentermine is a drug that acts on the hypothalamus gland, which in turn helps suppress the appetite of the person. It is a generic name for the weight loss pill and is manufactured by different pharmaceutical companies at different sizes of dosages.
|Parameters of Comparison||Adipex||Phentermine|
|Available under names||Adipex itself.||Adipex-P and Lomaira|
|Definition||Adipex is a brand type for pills that help in the process of weight loss.||Phentermine is a generic name used for a short period of time to lose weight.|
|Dosages available||Mainly available in 37.5 mg dosages.||Phentermine is available at a larger amount of various types of dosages in comparison with Adipex. 15 mg, 30 mg, and 37.5 mg to be approx.|
|Marketed by||Gate Pharmaceuticals||Phentermine is available by different pharmaceutical companies under various names.|
|Forms of the drug||Capsules and Tablets||Capsules, Tablets, and disintegrating tablets.|
What is Adipex?
Adipex is a pill used to suppress appetite and overall hunger so that the person doesn’t eat food and loses weight.
It is prescribed to people who have a (BMI) of 27 or greater, are overweight and obese (BMI of 30 for an adult), respectively, and have failed to lose weight just by exercising and control on their food.
The drug should be used only when the person has a prescription. One shouldn’t just take the medication by just reading it from somewhere.
It can have side effects like hypertension. Also, the person may become addicted to it, dependent on the drug. Pregnant women shouldn’t take this drug as well.
It has been seen that Adipex doesn’t generally leave the person taking the pill with fatal reactions afterwards, but it is advised not to take the medication for a long period of time since then it might leave the taker with heart problems or hypertension, or any other big problem.
What is Phentermine?
Phentermine is a generic name of a pill that officials prescribe to people who want to lose weight. The cost of the drug may vary from brand to brand and their dosage sizes. The drug is available in three forms: tablets, capsules, and disintegrating tablets of 8 mg, 15 mg, 30 mg, and 37.5 mg.
The drug should be used with proper exercise by the user to fully achieve their ideal body goal, a balanced diet including fruits and vegetables, and lastly, drinking the required amount of water daily according to the age of the taker of the pill.
The pill was approved by FDA in 1959 and has come a long way. Though the pill is easily available in medical shops for sale, they are classified as neurotic in France.
The effects of the drugs would start 4 to 5 after taking the drug. The person would feel full as they would have a decreased appetite for food. Also, the person may feel euphoric.
Main Differences Between Adipex and Phentermine
- Phentermine is a generic name for a drug that is used for losing weight. On the other hand, Adipex is the name of the pill of a brand that produces Phentermine tablets.
- Adipex is a brand that Gate Pharmaceuticals markets, while Phentermine is a drug that is marketed and produced by different companies.
- The formulation of the pills is different as well since different pharmaceutical companies manufacture both. Phentermine is available at a bigger number of dosages than Adipex.
- Phentermine has been in use for a longer period of time in comparison to Adipex. Phentermine has been up for sale since 1959. Adipex came after some years after it.
- Adipex is produced in mainly two forms up until now are tablets and capsules, and as opposed to it, Phentermine is available in three forms in addition to disintegrating tablets with the regular tablets and capsules.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.