Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV originate from Japan, the third-largest automobile manufacturer.
Though the features of these cars might seem invariably similar, some key aspects differentiate them.
Both models focus on creating a crossover between an SUV and a hatchback, making them comparable in every aspect.
- Toyota RAV4 has a more rugged, off-road look and better handling than Honda CR-V.
- Honda CR-V has a more spacious cabin, smoother ride, and better fuel efficiency than Toyota RAV4.
- Toyota RAV4 has more off-road capabilities and a higher towing capacity, while Honda CR-V has more advanced safety features.
Toyota RAV4 vs Honda CRV
The difference between Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV is that while Toyota RAV4 is a sport utility crossover SUV that tries to induce the ruggedness of a sports vehicle and comfort of that of a normal SUV, the Honda CRV, on the other hand, is a mid-range utility vehicle that ensures fuel efficiency and affordability.
Toyota was the first to come up with the idea of combining an SUV and hatchback to attract customers who wanted a compact and luxurious vehicle.
RAV4 debuted in the year 1994 with customizable features for customers to choose from.
This was the main advantage that put this model in the driving seat as it received the attention of an audience from all backgrounds.
Honda introduced its first-ever CRV model in the year 1997. This was intended to dominate the new market and remains to be one of the most preferred vehicles to date.
Development of existing features and new add-ons took place in the subsequent years due to changes that occurred in the environment and extensive competition.
|Parameters of Comparison||Toyota RAV4||Honda CRV|
|Founded||Nagoya, Japan (in the year 1933)||Hamamatsu, Japan (October 1946, incorporated 24 September 1948)|
|Founders||Kiichiro Toyota||Soichiro Honda Takeo Fujisawa|
|Headquarters||Situated in Toyota city which is located in the outskirts of Nagoya, Japan.||Minato, Japan|
|Size||366000 employees work for Toyota as of 2020.||Currently functions with 215600 employees worldwide.|
|Venture||Toyota Financial Service Corporation, Toyota marine services, Toyota housing corporation||Acura, Honda Aircrafts, Honda Motorcycles, Honda Automobiles|
|Branch||67 manufacturing companies worldwide.||More than 124 production industries worldwide.|
What is Toyota RAV4?
Toyota has always aimed at giving a sporting aspect to the vehicle. That led to the invention of the Toyota RAV4.
While Honda had the ultimate goal of comfort, Toyota wanted to give a luxurious experience.
Toyota and Honda remain to be the sole competitors in this arena for the last 20 years. Toyota holds the second position after Volkswagen in the list of automobile industries.
RAV4 is an acronym for “Recreational Active Vehicle with 4-Wheel Drive”.
RAV4 gave the breakthrough that Toyota needed. It offered both front-wheel and all-wheel drive and hard and soft rooftops.
It also had the let the customer choose the seating capacity and the number of doors as the years pass, “zero emission,” EPS, and other country-specific models.
The latest variant set to enter the market in 2022 has some minor inclusions, and many safety measures have been given importance. Safety sensors that give warning, cruise control, and emergency braking system. Multi-terrain selection and AWD enhance the flexibility of the car.
The base price of RAV4 is on the higher side due to its many intricate features. This range of prices is used for accommodating the different features included in the Toyota RAV4.
This car is known for its authentic sporting abilities.
What is Honda CRV?
Honda CRV is a compact SUV that focuses on giving a wholesome experience to its customers. Honda CRV has always been one of the best-selling cars among Western countries.
It has also considered and studied the market changes and has incorporated the same in the plans that have led to the sustainability of the company.
The word CRV stands for “Comfortable Runabout Vehicle.”
The introduction of its first model was not a success as there were limited features and customization.
Only basic features such as foldable seats, anti-lock brakes, and front-wheel drive were available in the initial model.
In the year 1999, a major revolution took place as the company decided to change its front bumpers, torque power, and provide a country-based body frame.
The 2014 version saw a huge jump due to the facelift, brake booster, and highly altered crash performance.
This first-generation car has evolved through the years and is now in its fifth generation with a new variant that’s due in 2022.
This version is said to contain new features such as fog lamps, rear cameras, higher torque power, and an air conditioner with climate control.
With a wide range of loyal customers, Honda CRV would continue to hold its space for a long time to come.
Main Differences Between Toyota RAV4 and Honda CRV
- Toyota RAV4 has a horsepower of 203 and a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, resulting in better acceleration. Honda CRV has a horsepower of 190 with a 1.5-liter turbo four engine.
- The all-terrain performance in RAV4 has a firm ride which could be the cause of discomfort. CRV offers a smooth ride, and the suspension has increased comfort levels.
- RAV4 has an excellent informant system that includes a 7-inch touchscreen display, WIFI hotspot, Bluetooth connectivity, etc. CRV has a 5-inch display with minimum features.
- Both the cars provide above-average boot space, but Toyota has a boot space of 37.5 cubic feet behind the seats and 69.8 when the seats are folded. Honda CRV offers 39.5 feet of space with the presence of the second row and 75.8 cubic feet with the second row folded.
- Synthetic leather provided by RAV4 is a huge drawback. CRV provides more legroom than RAV4 and has good reclining facilities.
- Toyota RAV4 has a higher range of price when compared to the Honda CRV. There’s a substantial difference in the price of these SUV’s.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.