Meditation can help you maintain your body movement and physical actions. Meditating for a few minutes can give your mind a peaceful state of mind. There is a lot of mediation that you can follow.
There are a lot of yoga structures and poses. This includes transcendental meditation and vipassana meditation. Both terms mean different meanings and structures. Both follow different paths.
- Transcendental Meditation focuses on a mantra, while Vipassana Meditation involves mindfulness and self-observation.
- Transcendental Meditation requires less time to practice daily than Vipassana Meditation.
- Vipassana Meditation aims to develop insight and wisdom, whereas Transcendental Meditation seeks deep relaxation and stress reduction.
Transcendental Meditation vs Vipassana Meditation
The difference between transcendental meditation and vipassana meditation is that transcendental meditation means where people sit silently and stay calm. They tend to say some particular words that make their mind clear and experience peace. On the other hand, vipassana meditation means understanding your emotions and thoughts no matter in which state but understanding them by keeping silent.
Transcendental meditation is a meditation that helps you to focus on your mind and helps you to stay calm. You can concentrate straight forward, and then follow all the steps peacefully.
This meditation follows the step of repeating particular mantra words that calm your mind. This will increase the ability os stay clear and work peacefully.
Vipassana meditation is a technique that helps you to understand things clearly and see things differently. This meditation will help you see all the things and stay focused.
The things that make your mind hectic don’t help you look at things clearly; this mediation allows you to look at things clearly and clear your mind. This meditation can improve your thinking ability better.
|Parameters of Comparison||Transcendental Meditation||Vipassana Meditation|
|Meaning||Transcendental Meditation is a sort of meditation that aims to achieve a state of peaceful mindfulness and minimize distracting thoughts.||She was sitting quietly for at least 10 days without any other activities to understand herself and make changes through meditation.|
|History||The most basic T.M. technique is breathing from the diaphragm with a relaxed diaphragm while in a comfortable spot.||Swami Brahmananda Himself, also known as Guru Dev, was a Hindu psataught Transcendental Meditation.|
|International Popularity||Vipassana meditation is a nonjudgmental meditation that focuses on the true self and can benefit the body.||She was sitting quietly for at least ten days without any other activities to understand herself and make changes through meditation.|
|Practice||With the guidance of well-knowS.N.achers like S.N. Goenka and Sayadaw U Pandita, Vipassana grew increasingly widespread.||She was sitting quietly for at least ten days without any other activities to understand yourself and make changes through meditation.|
|Benefits||Archives state of clear mind and get the awareness of thoughts and lessons.||Benefits clear seeing with good ability to think power.|
What is Transcendental Meditation?
From 1958 till 1965, the Maharishi gave millions of lectures worldwide, expanding on the teachings of the Buddha of his tutor Guru Dev and articulating his ideas in spiritual and religious terms.
As Maharishi changed, His meditation approach was employed by celebs, and he transitioned to a more technical presentation style in the 1960s and 1970s, T.M. grew in popularity.
He started training T.M. teachers at this time and forming specialized organizations to give T.M. to specific sections of the population, such as entrepreneurs and academics.
Millions of people had learned T.M. by the early 2000s, and the global T.M. group had grown to include teaching programs, health products, and activities. The TM step entails chanting a quiet sound known as a mantra for 15 to 20 minutes thrice daily.
Qualified teachers deliver it throughout a typical unit of training that varies by country.
According to Wikipedia, T, transcendental Meditation is a non-religious activity for relaxation, reducing stress, and personality to the Meditation And yoga movement.
Social psychologists, academics, and a courtroom in New Jersey, as well as the judiciary, have all stated their opinions on whether the technique is religious or non-religious.
The government decided that T.M. is essentially “rooted in religion” and hence cannot be examined in a scientific setting school system maintained by the Circuit Court Of Appeals.
What is Vipassana Meditation?
The oldest traditional Buddhist meditative method is Vipassana for improving consciousness.
“Unique seeing” is the literal translation. Vipassana meditation” and “mindfulness meditation” are frequently interchanged, but Vipassana is much more specific.
It entails watching, without criticizing or concentrating on, your thoughts and feelings as they are. It’s not the same as other types of meditation, such as pranayama (deep breathing) or visualization.
You concentrate on an activity or a picture in these ways. You are actively training your body and mind to perform a specific task. However, instead of intentionally managing the experience with Vipassana, you observe your inner self.
The purpose is to assist you in the following ways: Accept thoughts, feelings, and sensations for what they indeed are by quieting your mind and focusing on the present.
Reduce regrets by focusing less on the past and less on the future. Respond to situations based on facts rather than fears or preconceived notions.
Vipassana meditation, to reduce stress, could also help with anxiety reduction. Vipassana’s stress-relieving properties could help with other elements of mental health.
Main Differences Between Transcendental Meditation and Vipassana Meditation
- The main difference between transcendental meditation and vipassana meditation is that both have different meditation practices. The practice session of this meditation is very different as transcendental is about chanting special mantras and keeping the mind clear. And vipassana meditation is about keeping things clear and thinking about everything.
- The history of transcendentalism is from the ancient Maharshi and gained popularity quickly as Vipassana is an ancient meditating exercise that the Buddhists followed up. This is famous as it clears all the tensions and anxiety quickly.
- Transcendental meditation keeps the body relaxed, accomplishes all the stability in the body, and maintains balance. Vipassana makes the mind clear and meditation keeps your mind to understand all the thoughts, emotions, and feelings.
- An unbalanced body with a lot of stress can follow transcendental meditation as it makes the body stable to work smoothly. The body, mind, thoughts, emotions, and even feelings are balanced in vipassana meditation. Your mind will think easily and smoothly according to your thoughts.
- Transcendental meditation is followed as many times as you want. It makes you and your body perfectly stable with all the requirements. With the special mantras, you can do the meditation as many times as you want. Vipassana meditation is a practice that is followed from time to time. It can be done in a gap of morning and evening.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.