Every year most of the countries celebrate an occasion in which people give gifts to each other. And it is very common in most countries. A man and women give gifts to each other with love and respect. They celebrate this day for being together till the date and pray for togetherness. Valentine’s day as well as the white day come under these occasions. Both days are acknowledged in many places. Valentine’s day has been a very common event and it is celebrated by every couple in the world. People give gifts to those who give them on Valentine’s Day on White Day. It is reciprocal to the event that occurred on 14th February, one month before the white day.
Valentines Day vs White Day
The main difference between valentine’s and the white day is that Valentine’s Day is marked by the exchange of gifts. The couple gifts each other and shares the love with each other. On this day the lovers express their love and gratitude towards their loved ones.
However, this day is also known as San Valentine’s Day or San Valentine’s Feast. In some places, it is considered as cultural norms or practices. Whereas normally it is an intimate occasion for couples. Valentine’s day is celebrated differently compared in many countries.
But, when we look for the white day it is not the same as valentines day. On a white day which is one month after valentines day that is on March 14th. People give gifts to those who gifted them on 14th February. A reciprocal activity or occasion was done by the people. It is normally called answer day to the valentines day. Mostly flowers and other beautiful gifts are given to the people.
Comparison Table Between Valentine’s Day and White Day
|Parameter of comparison||Valentines day||White day|
|Definition||A day on which couples or loved ones celebrate each other’s relationship with expressing love.||A day on which the person gifts the person who gifted him on valentines day. A reciprocal event of valentines day is called white day.|
|Features/Activities||Expressing love and sharing gifts with each other. Mostly this occasion is celebrated by couples.||Giving gifts to the people who gave gifts to you on 14th February. Giving flowers, gifts, and chocolates. |
|Date||14 February||14 March|
|Celebration||Going out for dinner, giving gifts||Handing over gifts, sharing chocolates and sweets|
What is Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day, also known as St. Valentine’s Day. On this day couples express their love for one another. To express their love towards each other they share gifts o each other. According to the debates and knowledge, the celebration is derived from the Roman festival which is known as the Lupercalia festival. This event in Rome takes place in the middle of February. And then slowly this became a cultural event for the whole world. February 14 was decided and announced as valentines day.
The event, which marked the arrival of spring, comprised fertility rites and the random coupling of women and men. Till 1700 printed cards, ceremonial cards, and official valentine cards were printed. The emotional gesture was the roman god showing loving hearts and it was very much cupid for everyone. Birds also were considered as a symbol because in mid-February avian birds mated. Flowers, candies, chocolates, and especially red roses were the most given gifts. These gifts were considered as the definition of love and care for each other.
What is the White Day?
The 14th of March, one month following Valentine’s Day, is known as White Day. It is the day whilst humans supply affords to all of the folks that exceeded them affords a token of appreciation on Valentine’s Day. In 1978, it was first introduced in Japan, and in view that then it’s been spreading to all of the different Asian international locations. It was designed as a “solution day” to Valentine’s Day by the National Confectionery Industry Body. Arguing that guys have to pay off the ladies who sold them goodies and different affords that day.
One month after Valentine’s Day, on March 14, White Day is determined. Valentine’s Day is historically determined in international locations in which White Day is determined via way of means ladies and women giving chocolate presents to positive different guys and as a display of affection, decency, or social duty On a white day, the reciprocal occurs because men are expected to give gifts to women.
On each valentines day, ladies purchase something for his or her associate and proportion their love. On this day, this is the white day ladies get their funding from their associate. They get returned a few presents in a reciprocal way. This occasion is likewise called solution day to valentine’s day.
Main Differences Between Valentine’s Day and The White Day
- Valentine’s day is an occasion where couples express their love towards each other. They share gifts, especially women gives presents to men to show love. While on white day which is a month after valentines day, men are expected to give gifts to women as a gesture of love.
- Both the occasion has one month gap differences. Valentines day comes first, the whole world celebrates this occasion and expres love to their loved ones. The white day comes after one month of valentines day, and men bring gifts for their women. It is basically a recoprocal event.
- Sharing or giving gifts is very common in every culture. On valentines day people spend money or take time to go out with their partners. This pattern is followed by every single person on this planet but as we see on the white day, it is usaually different. The men/women give gifts to the person who gave them at the first place on 14 february.
- On valentine’s day you can give any gifts you want to, but on the white day in some places there are particular chocolates or sweets for the occasion.
- Valentine day was basically introduced by the roman love pattern known as geoffery chauser and the tradition was flourished to many regions then. But, the white day was introduced by japans confectionary industry. Generating chocolates, marshmellows for men so that they can gift it to women for gesture of love they are expcted to give to them.
So, both days are very precious to everyone, people share gifts, show love, and express their care for their loved ones. People buy expensive gifts, go on dates and so on. Valentine’s day is a beautiful day for everyone, people wait for this day to come so that they can go out and express their love to their partner. And on a white day, men are expected to give gifts to women as they gave gifts to men on valentines day.