The total active area available in a graphics tablet is important to the potential user because it connotes the limits of using the pen stylus on the screen.
Thus, the most significantly conspicuous difference between the Wacom 472 and 672 models remains that the former variant provides a diminished active area for the users to digitize their creativity, while the latter ensures a larger active area where the creativity of the users can holistically reign supreme.
Wacom 472 vs 672
The difference between the Wacom 472 and 672 tablet models is that the former variant is equipped with a diminished active area, while the latter variant offers the user an enlarged active area. The Wacom 472 model has an effective active area equivalent to 6 x 3.5 inches. This is remarkably smaller than the 8.5 x 5.3 inches of active area provided by the new and improved Wacom 672 model.
|Parameters of Comparison||Wacom 472||Wacom 672|
|Active Area||The Wacom 472 model offers a limited active area equivalent to 6 x 3.5 inches.||The Wacom 672 model offers a total active area equivalent to 8.5 x 5.3 inches.|
|Dimensions||The Wacom 472 graphics tablet has a total dimension of 21 x 14.6 x 0.9 centimeters.||The Wacom 672 graphics tablet has a total dimensional measurement of 18.9 x 27.7 x 0.9 centimeters.|
|Weight||The Wacom 472 model is much lighter than the 672 version. It weighs approximately 260g.||The Wacom 672 model is significantly heavier than the Wacom 472 variant. It weighs approximately 432g.|
|Battery Strength||The Wacom 472 model boasts a battery strength of 5.5 watts.||The 672 model has a diminished strength of 5 watts.|
|Price||This version is more lucrative than the 672 model due to its cost-effective market price.||As a premium offering from the Wacom brand, this model is exorbitantly priced.|
What is Wacom 472?
The Wacom 472 model is a nuanced graphic tablet ideated and marketed by the Wacom brand. Wacom 472 is accompanied by a lightweight, ergonomic, pressure sensitive pen stylus that allows the users to paint, sketch, draw, or edit pictures with an added sense of ease and precision.
The battery-free pen operates on the electromagnetic resonance method- a technology patented by the Wacom brand. The box also contains 3 complementary replacement nips for the pen stylus.
This lucrative graphics tablet is perfect for beginners seeking to explore their creativity digitally. With a user-friendly interface, the Wacom 472 model makes digitizing creativity flawlessly simple.
The 472 model is significantly lighter than the other graphic tablets manufactured and marketed by the same brand. The most eminent disadvantage of this model remains its limited active area. This flaw effectively circumscribes the operational space available for exploring the user’s creativity.
What is Wacom 672?
The Wacom 672 model is an improvement on the original Wacom 472 variant. It is an equally powerful graphics tablet manufactured and marketed by the renowned Wacom brand. This model boasts several improved features when compared to its predecessor’s modular design.
One of the most conspicuous advancements embodied by this model is the enhanced active area. This version of the Wacom graphic tablet allows the user’s creativity to follow unhinged.
Users can sketch and edit photos with the battery-free pen that accompanies the tablet. With a year’s warranty on the qualitative performance of the product, Wacom 672 is surely a top choice for novice users among the various options available in the market.
Like the 472 model, the Wacom 672 variant is also equipped with a resolution strength of 2540 lpi and a reading speed of 133 pps.
The most noticeable drawbacks of this tablet are its diminished battery capacity and its relatively higher market price. the heavier built of this model may also act as a deterrent for some.
Main Differences Between Wacom 472 and 672
- The main difference between the Wacom 472 and Wacom 672 models is in terms of the active area offered by each. The active area available with the former graphic tablet is significantly circumscribed. The Wacom 472 model offers a limited active area equivalent to 6 x 3.5 inches, while the Wacom 672 model offers an enlarged active area equivalent to 8.5 x 5.3 inches.
- The total dimensions of each pen tablet are different. The Wacom 472 measures a total of 21 x 14.6 x 0.9 centimeters, while the Wacom 672 has a total dimensional measurement equivalent to 18.9 x 27.7 x 0.9 centimeters.
- The Wacom 472 and 672 graphic tablets also differ in terms of their battery capacities. The Wacom 472 model boasts a battery strength of 5.5 watts, while the 672 model has a diminished strength of 5 watts.
- The total average weight of each graphic pen tablet variant is also different. The Wacom 472 model is significantly lighter than the Wacom 672 model. The former weighs approximately 260g, while the Wacom 672 model weighs approximately 432g.
- The selling price for each model is also different. While the Wacom 472 model is priced at a cost-effective price point, the Wacom 672 model is located on the higher end of the price spectrum.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
I am Sandeep Bhandari; I have 20 years of experience in the technology field. I have various technical skills and knowledge in database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about me on my bio page.