Planning has always served as an advantage before executing anything. It is good if all the factors have been taken into consideration before the actual actions as it prepares you for the worse situation. And this is not only in businesses or corporate world but in general life also planning is always good. For example, before cooking a meal, it is good to plan from where the ingredients are to be bought and what else is required and how much time it can take, etc.
Words Agenda and Itinerary both are an essential element of planning what is needed. Both of them are made before the actual action to plan everything that has to be done.
Words Agenda vs Itinerary
The difference between Word Agenda and Itinerary is that Word Agenda is prepared for the topics that need to be discussed in a meeting and distribute among other members. It contains every detail of the meeting from time and everything, but Itinerary is prepared for the notes of the planned route that needs to be taken into consideration while traveling or for a trip that is distributed among travelers.
Words agenda is a document that carries the information about any meeting and is distributed in advance or before the meeting starts and is always written in the future tense. It is prepared by the secretary, and after confirming it with the chairman, it is distributed among all the members.
The Itinerary is a document that contains all the information about the trip, especially about the routes, and it is distributed among the travelers before or at the beginning of the trip. A travel agent who is taking care of the trip is responsible for making and distributing it.
Comparison Table Between Words Agenda and Itinerary
|Parameters of Comparison||Words Agenda||Itinerary|
|Definition||Detailed notes of topics to be discussed in the meeting||Detailed notes of plan route of a trip|
|Associated with||Official meetings||Traveling|
|Content||Activities to be discussed||Necessities of the route of the trip|
|Prepared by||Secretary||Travel agent|
|When to prepare||Before the meeting||Before the trip|
What is Words Agenda?
It is a detailed note of all the content that has to be taken into considerations in a meeting.
Things that Words Agenda has:
- Topics/subjects for discussion: all topics of discussion must be mentioned in the Words Agenda precisely.
- Date and Time: date and time of the meeting should be mentioned at the top.
- Name of the Members: name of every member that’ll be attending the meeting should also be there in the Word Agenda.
Importance of agenda
- It explains the main objective and the main purpose of the meetings. This is important to know the purpose before meeting so that every member knows what they are aiming at and work to accomplish that objective.
- It gives time to search and collect all the knowledge of the objectives that have to be achieved. It is always beneficial to know the consequences and risks in advance so that all the precautions should be discussed during the meeting only.
- It maintains the focus and motivates to make the right decisions.
- One of the main reasons behind making Word Agenda is that it will help make the minutes.
It is always written in the future tense as it is written before the actual meeting.
What is Itinerary?
It is detailed notes of travel routes given to travelers by the travel agent. Importances of Itinerary are:
- Manages the time: it is useful in managing time as it has information about the travel routes and other important details. And it is important that time is not wasted. Otherwise, important things or views are left.
- Expenditure Control: you can control your expenditure as it will give you all the costs that you can incur; therefore, planning should be done accordingly.
- Easy and adventurous travel: it leads to the termination of all the worry related to travel so that you can enjoy the trip wholeheartedly.
- Check the trip essentials: an itinerary includes every want and requirement of the trip; therefore, you can always check if anything is left out or not. It will be very useful while packing.
The element of effective Itinerary includes:
- Tour Program: this includes all the routes and different activities that’ll be taking place during the travel.
- Timetable: under this, there must be proper timing for the activities of the trip.
- Destination and duration: the entire destination and its duration.
Except all the mentioned, there are 4 As that should be included while making an Itinerary. They are Attraction, Amenities, Accommodations, and Accessibility. These are very important from a traveler’s point of view, therefore, must be included in Itinerary.
Main Differences Between Words Agenda and Itinerary
- Word Agenda is prepared with the motive of spreading the details of a meeting while Itinerary is prepared with the motive of telling the details of plan route of the trip or travel.
- Word Agenda is prepared by the Secretary and approved by the Chairman, but a travel agent prepares an Itinerary.
- Word Agenda is important as it is used for the details of the meeting while Itinerary is important as it is used for route information of the travel.
- The Word agenda is associated with official meetings, while Itinerary is associated with travels.
- Word Agenda is prepared before the meetings start and then distributed among the members joining the meeting, whereas Itinerary is made before the trip and circulated among the travelers.
Therefore it is clear how both are similar yet very distinct. It is better to make both of them before as then everything is sorted, and there is a minimum chance of chaos. The word agenda is associated with something very professional it does need to be prepared properly, and the Itinerary is associated with something personal (Travel), but yet it is also professional; therefore, its importance cannot be avoided. Both of them are written in the future tense.
Sometimes the preparation of both of them is terminated. The reason could be anything. It could be a circumstance of urgency or information is already being spread, etc.
Table of Contents