Telephones have been replaced with smartphones. Every person (adult) definitely has a smartphone of his own. Everything can be done on these smartphones from any place in the world. This has lead to an increase in usage of the data among people.
And of course, if a smartphone is being used, this much data performance has to be improved. Wireless connection was then introduced to the world. But then the demand for more innovative data did not stop there.
Therefore telecommunication came into existence, such as Google fi and Republic Wireless. Both of them are the type of wireless carriers.
Google Fi vs Republic Wireless
The main difference between Google Fi and Republic Wireless is that the Google Fi is limited to the very few phones but cover more cellular networks under less price and is affiliated by the Google but on the other hand, Republic Wireless is not limited to the phone and provide various benefits to the android users but is limited in performance and is slightly overpriced than the Google Fi.
Google fi is the MNVO that provides telecommunication services to US residents. It is more updated than others. It provides these services with the help of networks and wifi.
These services are available to iPhone and very few android users. As it has more benefits, it is somewhere not very affordable.
Republic Wireless is a virtual network providing smartphone service to its customer with the help of wifi.
It is used in android phones and not iPhones, and it does not have the upper hand in its features, but the main advantage it has is that it is much more affordable and pocket-friendly.
Comparison Table Between Google Fi and Republic Wireless
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Fi||Republic Wireless|
|Provides||MVNO providing telecommunication service.||Provide smartphones services|
|Coverage||It has better coverage.||It is combatively low coverage.|
|Affordable||It is slightly more expensive.||It is more affordable.|
|Phones||it is not available or more phone||Comparatively, more phones have this.|
|Launched on||22 April 2015||January 2010|
What is Google Fi?
It was launched in 2015 with a motive to provide great coverage in certain areas. And to provide this coverage, it uses the following networks:
- US cellular networks
It will mainly depend on the signal strength of theses in the particular area and, according to Google adjustments. It was earlier known as Project Fi and is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator by Google.
Plans provided by Google Fi:
- For $20 unlimited voice and texting
- $10 per gigabytes of data till 6GB. After that, it cost $60.
- You have an option to pay for only what you use
- It uses very strong US-based networks
- You can have more high-speed data by simply making the payment
- It can be expensive in some cases.
- It is not available on every phone thus need to have only a few certain mobile phones
- It is not operated on the iPhones and Samsung.
It is considered to be ideal for someone who travels a lot or someone who does not use the data so much. Although there is an alternative for people who tends to use more data and does not move outside, and that is Republic Wireless.
What is Republic Wireless?
It is also a mobile virtual network operator using Sprint and T-Mobile for providing network. Feature of Republic Wireless are:
- Monthly Plans start with $15, under which a person gets unlimited voice calls and text messages. And for extra data, you have to $5 per GB. Therefore if someone mostly uses wifi and can save more data, this option is ideal unless this can be very expensive in the opposite situation.
- It is operated on most android phones; therefore, it is easily accessible.
- Data tracking is very easy in Republic Wireless as in the app it shows how data is left along with the information that which app is consuming most of the data. Therefore it is easy to track the data usage of apps. And after reaching the limit, it will be stopped automatically, and after paying for additional data, it will start again.
- Various options in Republic Wireless helps in preventing spam calls and unwanted voicemails. And most important, to activate these options, no extra fee or payment is charged.
- Republic Wireless also provides customer support. And for this, there is a chat option where customers can ask for help or query.
Main Differences Between Google Fi and Republic Wireless
- Google fi was launched on 22 April 2015 but later on introduced with some upgrades and installation on October 4, 2016, whereas Republic Wireless was first introduced in January 2010.
- Google Fi has more advantages when it comes to coverage than Republic Wireless, and the reason behind this is that google fi uses the main three United States-based cellular Networks.
- There is a big price difference between both; google fi is more expensive than republic wireless.
- Google fi can be activated on very limited phones, which includes iPhones and few android phones with some advanced features, and on the other hand, Republic Wireless can be activated on every android phone but not only on iPhones.
- There is an additional benefit offered by Google fi that unused data can be credited at the end of the month, but nothing as such is provided by republic wireless.
Both of them have their performances and price. They might be seemed similar, but again, they have all the above-mentioned differences. They help to provide better cellular networks all around the world.
They both provide communication across networks that are also wireless. And from all the above information, Google fi is comparatively slightly better than the republic wireless. But still, the phone it has is very limited, making it less preferable.
Republic wireless fulfills this limitation which is leading among the android phones fulfilling the customer needs. But again, it is a personal choice between among them (customers) what features they put in their priority.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents