In the past two decades, technology has taken a wide leap forward. Social media, artificial intelligence and smartphones became a hot topic in the 2010s, and we have thrived in the technology industry ever since.
- Google Fi is a virtual network operator, whereas Xfinity Mobile is a wireless communication service offered by Comcast.
- Google Fi covers three networks, while Xfinity Mobile only covers the Verizon network.
- Google Fi charges only for the data used, whereas Xfinity Mobile offers unlimited plans with a cap on data usage.
Google Fi vs Xfinity Mobile
The difference between Google Fi and Xfinity mobile is that Google Fi is a telecommunication service provided by Google. At the same time, Xfinity mobile is a wireless carrier brand which gives you options to choose your plan.
Google Fi, named Project Fi in its beta version in 2015, became public in 2016. It is an MNVO (mobile virtual network operator), which means the company works with several mobile operators to get access to their electrical infrastructure.
Xfinity Mobile is a wireless carrier service that uses Verizon’s LTE network. It is a postpaid service and is only available to Comcast internet users.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Fi||Xfinity Mobile|
|Service Founder||Dave Watson, Dana Strong and Mathew Strauss|
|Eligibility||Everyone can use it||Have to be an Xfinity internet customer|
|Payment Criteria||Pay on the first day of the month for the usage||Option to pay once or pay instantly and use it|
|Network Provider||T-mobile and Sprint||Verizon and LTE|
|Services||Phone calls, SMS, mobile data||Unlimited Data or the amount one paid for.|
What is Google Fi?
Google Fi was founded by Google in 2015 and was launched to the public in 2016. This telecommunication service includes telephonic calls, mobile data, SMS, Wi-Fi and broadband services.
Unfortunately, Google Fi is only available in the United States but may work weakly in any nearby country. Google Fi does not own any wireless network structure to support its functioning.
Google Fi uses Sprint, U.S. Cellular and T-sprint network services. These three are the best network services in the US; hence, it helps Google Fi function smoothly.
Phone calls seamlessly transition through mobile data to Wi-Fi networks without interrupting the user. Also, to use Google Fi, one can sign up for it online, and Google will send a SIM to the user.
Google Fi also provides a group plan for six members. This plan works similarly to an individual plan.
What is Xfinity Mobile?
Xfinity mobile is a postpaid service only available to internet customers. It is an MVNO but is limited to only Xfinity internet users.
The service was founded by Dave Watson, Dana Strong and Mathew Strauss in April 2017. Xfinity Mobile offers two plan options to customers.
Xfinity Mobile is only available for people who have Comcast in their area. But, the customer can avail of this service for free only if he/she maintains their Xfinity internet service.
The data speed of the service is high, given Verxion’s top-rated network supports it. The service also offers a 5G network in some locations.
Another condition to avail of the offer is that one’s mobile must be compatible with the service. All mobile phones (especially Androids) are incompatible with the service, so users cannot use it.
Main Differences Between Google Fi and Xfinity Mobile
- For Xfinity Mobile, only Xfinity internet users can avail of this service. But everyone can use Google Fi by signing up for it online.
- Google Fi only offers a single plan for the service, but Xfinity Mobile offers the ‘pay-as-you-go’ plan too.
- The giant Google launched Google Fi. But Xfinity Mobile was launched by Dave Watson, Dana Strong and Mathew Strauss.
- Google Fi operates with multiple mobile network operators for their service, but Xfinity Mobile has its infrastructure.
- Xfinity Mobile is just a mobile data provider, but Google Fi provides telephone calls, SMS, and mobile data services.
- Xfinity Mobile is accessible for people who have maintained their Xfinity internet service, but Google Fi has no such offer.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.