Although, at present, Comcast and Xfinity are two widely popular organisations mainly due to offering their “being one of the best” telecommunication services around the globe. They even provide better packages at reasonable prices.
Comcast vs Xfinity
The difference between Comcast and Xfinity is that Comcast is a multinational telecommunications giant based in the United States. However, on the contrary, Comcast, Xfinity’s parent company, operates the company as a subsidiary. Comcast and Xfinity both are headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States. All significant operations are conducted from this location.
Comcast used to go by a variety of names. Between 1963 and 1969, the company was known as American Cable Systems. It was renamed Comcast Holdings from 1969 to 2001. Comcast is classified as a public company. Comcast is traded under several different names and by several different methods. Entertainment, mass media, and telecommunications are all included in Comcast’s industry.
As an extension of Comcast, Xfinity is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Xfinity as a company didn’t emerge until 2011, following 2010. Comcast is the parent company of Xfinity. The moniker “Xfinity” is used for trading Xfinity. As a separate company, Xfinity is only dedicated to telecommunications. Xfinity’s services are only available in the 50 states of the United States, as it is merely a subsidiary of another parent company.
Comparison Table Between Comcast and Xfinity
|Parameters of Comparison||Comcast||Xfinity|
|Headquarters||US, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.|
|Previously known as||American Cable Systems, Comcast Holdings.||Comcast Cable.|
|Type of Company||Public||Division|
|Traded as||Nasdaq and S&P.||“Xfinity.”|
|Type of Industry||Entertainment, mass media and telecommunications.||Telecommunications.|
|Spread in||Worldwide. Mainly in Europe and the United States.||The United States only.|
What is Comcast?
Comcast is a conglomeration of international telecommunications firms based in the United States. Comcast, as a company and as a whole, is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States. All major procedures are carried out from this location.
“https://corporate.comcast.com” is the link to the website through which ordinary internet users can visit Comcast’s website. Comcast’s corporation and organization were previously known by a variety of names. Between 1963 and 1969, it was known as American Cable Systems. Comcast Holdings was the company’s name from 1969 to 2001.
Comcast is a public corporation. Comcast is traded under a variety of names and methods. Nasdaq is traded as a 100 component as well as CMCSA (Class A), while S&P is traded as a 100 and 500 component.
Comcast is a sort of business that deals with entertainment, media, and telecommunications. Comcast is such a large corporation that it is well-known and serves people all around the world. However, it continues to have a significant impact in Europe and the United States.
What is Xfinity?
Comcast is the parent company of Xfinity, which operates as a subsidiary of Comcast. As an expanded version of Comcast, Xfinity is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Even though Xfinity is owned by Comcast, it operates under a separate website address.
“https://www.xfinity.com” is the address to use to log in. From 1981 through 2010, Xfinity’s subsidiary, Comcast Cable, was known as Comcast Cable. Only after 2010, in 2011, did Xfinity as a company emerge. Xfinity is a subsidiary of Comcast, which serves as its parent company.
Xfinity is traded under the moniker “Xfinity.” Xfinity is a subsidiary company that focuses solely on telecommunications. Xfinity’s services are only available in the 50 states of the United States, as it is merely an extension of another parent company.
Main Differences Between Comcast and Xfinity
- Comcast as a firm is a conglomerate of multinational telecommunication companies which belongs to America. On the other hand, Xfinity is operated under the parent organization, Comcast, which acts as a subsidiary of its parent organization.
- Comcast, as a firm and its whole corporation, is located in the United States, in Philadelphia, which is in Pennsylvania. From this place, all the important operations take place. On the other hand, as Xfinity can be considered as an extended version of Comcast, it is also headquartered in Philadelphia, which is located inside the boundaries of Pennsylvania, USA.
- The link to the website through which the normal netizens can access the website of Comcast is “https://corporate.comcast.com“. On the other hand, although Xfinity is a part of Comcast, it has a different website address for handling operations. One can sign into it through the address, “https://www.xfinity.com“.
- The corporation and organisation of Comcast were formerly known by various names. It was known by the name of American Cable Systems from 1963 to 1969. Later from 1969 to 2001, it was known by the name Comcast Holdings. On the other hand, the subsidiary organisation of Xfinity was previously known as Comcast Cable from 1981 to 2010. It was only after 2010 in 2011 Xfinity as a firm emerged.
- Comcast is a public type of organisation. On the other hand, Xfinity is a part of another organization that acts as its parent, Comcast.
- Comcast is traded by various names and means. Nasdaq is traded both as a 100 component and CMCSA (Class A); similarly, S&P is traded both as 100 and 500 components. On the other hand, Xfinity is traded by its name, which is “Xfinity.”
- Comcast is a type of industry that includes entertainment, mass media and telecommunications as well. On the other hand, Xfinity, as a subsidiary firm, mainly focuses upon Telecommunications only.
- Comcast is such a big organization that it is highly popular globally and serves worldwide. However, its major influence remains in Europe and the United States. On the other hand, the services of Xfinity, which is just an extended division of another parent organization, is limited to the 50 states of the United States only.
Comcast is such a large company that it is well-known worldwide and provides services to people all over the world. In Europe and the United States, however, it continues to have a significant influence. Nasdaq is traded as a 100 component as well as CMCSA (Class A), while the S&P 500 is traded as a 100 and 500 component.
“https://corporate.comcast.com” is the link to the website that ordinary internet users can use to access Comcast’s website. However, even though Xfinity is a Comcast subsidiary, it operates under a separate website address. “https://www.xfinity.com” is the URL for logging in. From 1981 through 2010, Comcast Cable was the name of Xfinity’s subsidiary.