Google has voice-based technologies which are used by millions of people all around the world. There are options to even set the language according to one’s convenience.
- Google Assistant is a virtual assistant that uses natural language processing to answer questions and perform tasks. At the same time, Google Now is a predictive personal assistant that provides information before being asked.
- Google Assistant is more conversational and can carry out multiple tasks, while Google Now is more focused on providing information based on the user’s search history and location.
- Google Assistant is available on multiple devices like phones, smart speakers, and smart displays, while Google Now has been discontinued, and its features are now integrated into other Google services.
Google Assistant vs. Google Now
Google Now is an intelligent personal assistant that is designed to provide useful information to users before they even ask for it. It uses data from the user’s Google searches, location, calendar, and other sources. Google Assistant is a more advanced version of Google Now. It can perform a variety of tasks, such as setting reminders, sending messages, and controlling smart home devices, all through voice commands.
Google Assistant is an app that provides the same features as the features in the app of Google now and some additional features that are not available in the Google now app.
Google now is an app that provides its users with features similar to Google search, with some extra features and facilities not available in the Google search app.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Google Assistant is an updated version of Google now with some extra features.
|Google is now an updated version of Google search with some extra features not provided by Google search.
|Type of communication
|Google Assistant provides comfortable two-way communication.
|Google now does not provide two-way communication for its users.
|Strings with Google
|Google Assistant can understand the tone of language and functions with some extra features through Google search.
|Google Now got cut its strings from Google back in the year 2016.
|Google Assistant has advanced features with modern aspects and functionality, which help manage social interactions.
|Google Now supplies information according to the person’s recent frequent search history.
|Google Assistant requires an update of Android 6.0 or more to be installed.
|Google Now requires an update of Android 8.0 or more to be installed.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is an app that provides the same features as the features in the app of Google now and some additional features that are not available in the Google now app. Google Assistant is easily installed on any smartphone or smart device at home.
For a smartphone or any device to get the Google Assistant app installed requires a software update of Android 6.0 or higher. Google Assistant app is already installed on smart devices at the time of purchase itself.
It can control a person’s home devices and not just provide the search feature. It can perform activities like knowing someone’s voice, calling someone on a person’s phone, controlling music, etc.
What is Google Now?
Google now is an app that provides its users with features similar to Google search, with some extra features and facilities not available in the Google search app. Google Now can be installed on any smart device at home. It requires Wi-Fi to operate this system for a user.
An update in voice modulation was explicitly introduced for android users in Google now. Siri can be used only on devices with iOS; on the other hand, Google Now is available for both iOS and Android users.
When a person uses Google Now, it provides many categories, such as music, news, sports, etc. It is made of software that is used to navigate other products of Google.
Main Differences Between Google Assistant and Google Now
- Google is now an updated version of Google search with some extra features not provided by Google search. On the other hand, Google Assistant is an updated version of Google now with some additional features.
- Google now does not provide two-way communication for its users; on the other hand, Google Assistant provides comfortable two-way communication.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.